Urban Outfitters *New* Fall ’07

Urban Outfitters just added a ton of cute things for Fall over on their newly redesigned website (so much easier to navigate now), you have to check it out.

Lots of great deals and sure, most of it is geared towards the college crowd, but there’s nothing wrong with scoring a few things to mix in with your more grown up decor. And gifts, let me tell you that some of these things would be darling as gifts, especially the iGrowbot. Did you see the new clocks (owley, koala, and pengy) designed by Eleanor Grosch? This lady is all over the place!

Does anyone own any of their furniture and care to comment? I’m looking for a few reviews, as I’d love to see how well it holds up.

(images from uo)

Posted by decor8 in shopping on August 29, 2007

1. Leigh commented
    August 29th, 2007 at 2:57pm

i have a foldup chair from them that i bought when i was in college that has held up fairly well.

i also have a shag rug and a houndstooth blanket that haven’t stood up quite as well due to my cat loving on them constant with his claws…

2. xx hillery commented
    August 29th, 2007 at 9:15pm

i got their tufted top sofa almost a year ago… mostly for it’s perfect orange color. it’s held up pretty well considering it gets covered in cat hair on a regular basis.

3. Lynna commented
    August 29th, 2007 at 9:36pm

i don’t have any of their furniture, but i did get one of the bed spreads (which is basically a huge thick cotton sheet that is printed on). i hung it on one of my walls, where fits perfectly and acts as a gigantic headboard. it works perfectly and i love it! :]

4. kim commented
    August 30th, 2007 at 4:57am

I bought my daugher one of their dhrurie (sp?) rugs for her dorm room and it has held up well given the abuse it gets…but the price vs quality made it worth it. I saw the Lanterns there and noted the comparision to the white tea candle holders you posted a week ago. Love this design including the lantern shown here, but at Urban the actual one is very tinny. However, most of what I see over there is quite nice. I am glad my daugther gives me an excuse to shop there!

5. Anonymous commented
    August 30th, 2007 at 11:27am

I bought the mid-century modern sofa recently after sitting on it briefly in the store. The cushions are a bit cheaply made (they are just foam-filled), but it’s sturdy and it looks good. I don’t expect to have it forever, but it’s a cool addition to my living room for now.

6. Anonymous commented
    September 1st, 2007 at 9:27am

My Victorian house decorated my style dining room is surrounded by curtains from UO. They are cotton velvet with a English landscape toile style design a la the Deco cottages in the forest with lime, fuschia, purples, oranges and reds. Perfect compliment to my Chippendale highboy painted fuschia and the apple green walls. The curtains have been washed many a time and are still beautiful. The only drawback to them is that they are unlined and I keep telling myself that I need to line them and maybe even add a deep purple band to give them a little more width. But for about $200 a huge bay of 3 windows and big front window were treated so when I see them and they make me smile, I just cannot complain!

7. Samantha commented
    September 3rd, 2007 at 4:33am

I have the Houndstooth coverlet and 2 of the pink antler hooks you pictured. The blanket looks fantastic but is a bit rough and on the thin side, which hasn’t been an issue since its so hot lately. For the price, it is worth it to me. The antlers are very snazzy but I’ve only used them for a week. Some in the store were chipped and I guess they will chip with use but you can’t beat pink antlers. I also have the owl votive holder which is useless since standard votives don’t fit and the wax drips all over the floor. But again, the owl himself is very cute. Their stuff is fun for a while but I wouldn’t consider it a great investment nor would I be brave enough to buy larger ticket items. We tried the houndstooth floor cusions but they smelled musty and some butttons were coming off and some red dye was mixed in with the black and white.

8. rawlyn commented
    September 4th, 2007 at 1:29pm

i have one of their couches that i got a few years ago. it was the floor model so i got a discount and is an awesome lime green color. the only draw back is that i have cats and it snags really easily so i usually keep it covered now- with one of their tapestries that has held up over time! but over all it’s been ok for the money i paid.