uncategorized

See you on Wednesday!

September 3, 2007

Today is a holiday here in the states, so we’re heading off for a few days. After having a house full of family and then our friends from Montreal this weekend, we need a day or two to relax. Plus the weather is perfect for a getaway. Here are some photos from the anniversary lunch we had for our friends Daniel and St?phaine in the backyard yesterday here in New Hampshire.

See you on Wednesday!
I kept it simple, with more of a focus on the food and wine (they are French from Montreal so that is most important to our guests) less of a focus on the presentation, but I went with a very simple garden theme. We didn’t go with an Asian theme because I didn’t think it would work with the menu, so I kept it country and slightly romantic. We don’t have proper outdoor furniture, so a folding table and chairs that we borrowed from the neighbors came in handy. To hide the legs of the table, I used potted plants.

See you on Wednesday!
The china is by Cath Kidston, linen napkins from Shabby Chic, tablecloth is a flea market find, misc. atelier lzc linens a gift from Paola, flowers fresh picked from the garden, and etched glassware in pastel colors from Italy (most things collected from our travels).

See you on Wednesday!
And of course, I’m a southern girl so homemade peach pie had to be on the menu. The weather was the perfect high 70’s, birds singing, light breeze, and lots of sunshine. Eating outside with friends is by far the best way to spend the day.

See you on Wednesday!See you on Wednesday!
Presentation and food are important, but nothing beats good conversation with those you care about. See you on Wednesday!

(Photos taken by Holly and Thorsten Becker)

17 Comments

• Reply perfectbound September 3, 2007 at 3:08 pm

your table setting is editorial worthy. enjoy the time off.

• Reply sara September 3, 2007 at 3:56 pm

what an adorable setup…makes me want to go have a garden party right this moment. :o)

• Reply Carlene September 3, 2007 at 5:09 pm

Holly, you need to post your own creative work more often…this is just gorgeous! (and that pie looks delicious)

• Reply cd&m September 3, 2007 at 6:19 pm

Only just found you via Raspberry but had to leave a cooment to say how beautiful I think this table setting is.

• Reply paola September 3, 2007 at 6:29 pm

That is SO gorgeous. Would love to know what happens when you really do go to town! Lovely to see the teatowels being put to good use…

• Reply pve design September 3, 2007 at 6:35 pm

no wonder I like you, you are a southern girl and you can’t take the pie out of a southern girl! I am from the south & love making pies and eating outdoors! your table is truly delightful and I know your guests must have been wowed by your “southern hospitality”~
    enjoy your holiday!

• Reply klara & kapucine September 3, 2007 at 7:19 pm

Very nice inviting table and the light is just wonderful.

• Reply Annica Lindeberg September 3, 2007 at 8:08 pm

It looks so nice and warm! I am leaving for Toronto on Wednesday and I am hoping to get some warmth again. Here in Sweden it’s already getting cold.

• Reply katiedid September 3, 2007 at 10:28 pm

Very pretty!

• Reply Lady N September 3, 2007 at 10:59 pm

Absolutely beautiful table setting! It gives me great ideas for something I’m doing. Thanks!

• Reply Anonymous September 3, 2007 at 11:20 pm

I want to be there with you celebrating in your yard, exquisite taste you have, but of course we know that already. This is so inviting and feminine, what a pretty touch you bring. I wish my next anniversary could be there with you in green NH USA.

See you soon here in Hannover. Will be nice to connect with an American again, I have missed you and Thorsten.

Denise

• Reply Heather Moore September 4, 2007 at 7:42 am

How beautiful! Your lucky friends must have felt very special when they saw this table.

• Reply Jany September 4, 2007 at 9:39 am

Lovely setting ! And i agree, most important are having good conversations, discussions and laughs with friends.

• Reply tara September 4, 2007 at 5:14 pm

Enjoy the holiday, what a gorgeous celebration of the season. How funny the world works though, I saw (what looks to be) an identical cake stand at an antique store just yesterday!

• Reply Lobster and swan September 4, 2007 at 10:08 pm

Looks like you are having a lovely break, Beautiful table, hope the evening was as fabulous as the setting!

• Reply susan September 4, 2007 at 10:49 pm

It was great that you took the time to share this event, however small. Just goes to show that well thought out details make such a difference, I think it adds to the overall high spirit. It’s all lovely.

• Reply Kloth & Bolt September 5, 2007 at 2:55 am