Barnsdall Art Market: Fresh Talent!

Michelle recently blogged about her visit to the Barnsdall Art Market in Los Angeles where she discovered some fresh and amazing talent, like Emilyn Eto and her gorgeous textiles.

Emilyn, or Em, is the lady that blogs over at It’s(K)not Wood with Jon. Em sells her work through her website and etsy store called Supercozy. She creates the most gorgeous textile wall hangings and faux bois artwork, the lady is a creative powerhouse. I love all the prints and vintage finds on etsy, but I hope to see more and more textiles because I’m always looking for new ones to use and sometimes tire of all the typical big names out there in the design showrooms.

Tyler Bender, another craft rock star rumored to be both talented and quite the eye candy (we so need more hot boys at craft fairs!) is another one of Michelle’s picks. He makes cool journals with vintage book covers. Anthropologie should totally scoop them up, they’d be perfect for their Fall ’08 (Back to School) collections, hint hint Anthro people

Michelle suggests checking out Brokesy Attack Pillows, they have an etsy store where these cute little critter pillows sell for around $110- each.

If you’d like to see more indie artists discovered by Ms. Caplan herself, head on over to Creative Swoon. If you missed the Barnsdall Art Market a few weeks back, no worries – there are two more being held this year on October 21st and December 16th in L.A.

(images from everyone mentioned above)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, etsy, shopping, small business, travel on September 12, 2007

1. Igor commented
    September 13th, 2007 at 1:48am

Indie arts are the best.

2. Lobster and swan commented
    September 13th, 2007 at 6:58am

I just love these reused book jackets! such a simple but perfect idea.

3. vineeta commented
    September 13th, 2007 at 9:51am

You do showcase phenomenal work & provide the links so we can see the gorgeous stuff. I just loved the pillows & Im off to check out Tyler’s site. If Im inspired to blog you are the one reason behind it all. thanx :)

4. brokesy commented
    September 13th, 2007 at 3:56pm

thanks so much for the post! i just wanted to let you know the name’s actually “brokesy”, not brooksy.

i love your blog!

5. Kaneyukis commented
    September 15th, 2007 at 4:29am

Thank you for posting Emilyn Eto’s beautiful textile art (in pic #2). I was looking for a piece with just these EXACT colors, and had you not posted this image I would have been looking a lot longer (trust me). I bought it yesterday. Hoorah!