Arts + Crafts, Events + Markets, Shopping + Products, Travel

Nahcotta: Enormous Tiny Art Show II – Reception Tonight!

September 14, 2007

If you’re in the Portsmouth, New Hampshire area this evening, you won’t want to miss the Enormous Tiny Art Show II currently underway at the beautiful Portsmouth-based gallery, Nahcotta: Enormous Tiny Art Show II - Reception Tonight!The show features work that is 10″ x 10″ or smaller and runs from September 12th – October 7th in conjunction with Three Graces Gallery and their Teenie Tiny Art Show. Amy Ruppel, Tara Hogan (Ink & Wit), Marisa Haedike (Creative Thursday), Dan-ah Kim, Cathy Nichols, Matte Stephens, Burcu Okay, Sam Faix, Ann Kirchner, Jennifer Judd-McGee (Swallowfield), Kate O’Leary, Lucie Summers, Sofia Barao, and Susie Ghahremani (Boy Girl Party), are a few of my picks, of course many other terrific artists are taking part in this amazing show so if you attend, you may find a few favorites of your own. Some of these artists will be attending in person, like Jennifer Judd-McGee and Tara Hogan, and it’s rumored that Amy Ruppel may attend as well, so if you’d like to meet them, stop by!

Nahcotta: Enormous Tiny Art Show II - Reception Tonight! Carefully mapping out everything for installation.

Nahcotta: Enormous Tiny Art Show II - Reception Tonight!That’s a lot of art!

Nahcotta: Enormous Tiny Art Show II - Reception Tonight! The work of Kelly Moore on display.

If you aren’t in the Portsmouth area don’t worry, you can view everything in the show online, and if you see something you like, write to Deb at Nahcotta for more information and how to purchase. email: Deb at gallery AT nahcotta DOT com.

(images from nahcotta)

6 Comments

• Reply Lobster and swan September 14, 2007 at 5:33 pm

Shame I’m in the uk : ( this looks like it’s going to be great!

• Reply Abigail September 14, 2007 at 6:15 pm

Awesome! I’m planning on heading there tonight.

• Reply rc September 14, 2007 at 8:56 pm

thanks so much for the kind words! it was a blast to co-curate this show, so i’m extra bummed that i can’t be there tonight (what with moving to the opposite coast and all).
    hope everything’s great with you and keep on doing such good work.

• Reply Leah September 15, 2007 at 2:52 am

I was there tonight (my art was in the show) and it was such a great success! The place was hopping all night with lots of art being purchased. I did very well and it looked like many other artists did well too! It was so fun to see so much great art in person. i loved seeing cathy nicols and amy ruppel’s work among many others.

I’ll post about the opening with some pictures over the weekend!

• Reply LINDSAY September 15, 2007 at 8:44 pm

O! I just found your blog and I’m in love…the color here is so inspiring! I particularly loved this post as I dabble in small paintings. It’s amazing how much personality you can pack in such a small canvas. Thanks for the good blog -I will be adding you to my daily reads!
    Regards-Lindsay