Rooms

Cole and Son’s Cow Parsley

September 17, 2007

I am obsessed with Cole and Son’s Cow Parsley wallpaper in yellow. 100% head-over-heels in love. I visited a loft yesterday in the South End and it was proudly displayed as a focal point on one of the walls and I went bonkers. My heart did flips. Just look at it.

Cole and Sons Cow Parsley
Seeing it in person cemented the fact that I need this wallpaper somewhere in my home. I’ve liked it for months, but there’s nothing like an up close and personal view. I found it online over at Walnut Wallpaper, so I’m thinking I’ll just splurge and order a few rolls so at least I have it for when the spirit moves me and I find a wall to cover in my house. Oh, this is crazy pretty! And the pattern is so subtle that it’s quite versatile and not as dramatic as say, the first few papers shown below. So you can change things in the room without feeling like you must stick to something specific because of your crazy bold wallpaper. This isn’t crazy or bold, it’s just stunning and we like stunning, don’t we? :)

Here are some other great wallpaper prints over at Walnut in addition to Cow Parsley… I think I’ll forever love wallpaper. It started when I was a little girl and continues on thanks to all the terrific contemporary patterns out there.

Cole and Sons Cow ParsleyCole and Sons Cow ParsleyCole and Sons Cow ParsleyCole and Sons Cow Parsley{update: I’m heading off for the day (work-related), but I’ll be back later on (this evening) or in the morning. I have so much I want to blog about but no time today, so it will have to wait. I hope you are all doing great, happy Monday. -holly}

(images from real simple and walnut wallpaper)

You Might Also Like

22 Comments

• Reply minxlj September 17, 2007 at 3:55 pm

The dinosaur wallpaper is fantastic!! A great solution to a child’s room if you still want to keep it looking classy and elegant. I can see Ross from Friends decorating his room like that (LOL)

• Reply Anonymous September 17, 2007 at 5:15 pm

Beautiful! I love the sofa in the top photo too! Do you know whose it is?

• Reply cartolina September 17, 2007 at 5:45 pm

Wow Holly,
    I LOVE the wales – that would go over really well out here in the pacific northwest. How fun, great to see some new stuff in the way of wall paper – thanks,

• Reply Anna at D16 September 17, 2007 at 6:37 pm

Haha, my brother would love that dinosaur paper (he’s 42, but who’s counting)!

I wallpapered my little entryway vestibule with Orla Kiely paper, and I love it to death. I don’t see what the big worry is over wallpaper, personally — yeah, it can be pricey (so can paint, believe me!), but it’s not the mega-commitment everyone makes it out to be.

Ooooh, that “Opium” paper in ivory over at Walnut is making me want to wallpaper my dressing room…

• Reply Patricia Buzo September 17, 2007 at 7:44 pm

I have to say I’m normally not that fond of wallpaper, but these are really stunning. Great find!

• Reply Brooke September 17, 2007 at 11:14 pm

I absolutely LOVE that yellow wallpaper!

• Reply Gisele September 17, 2007 at 11:43 pm

oh my… this last dino one kills me! so cool wallpapers!! :D a beautiful blog to add to my rss reading *g*

• Reply Kristi September 17, 2007 at 11:59 pm

I love the dinosaurs perfect for a kids room or classroom.

• Reply by Johanna Brandvik September 18, 2007 at 2:02 am

I’m still on the fence with the whole wallpaper thing, but I could totally do it with the waynes coating (not the entire wall, but almost!). Thanks for this!

• Reply drey September 18, 2007 at 3:37 am

that top photo has remained one of my all time fav photos and you got to see it in person??? best yet, you’ve IDENTIFIED it :)

thanks decor8 :)

• Reply cindy@staged4more September 18, 2007 at 6:31 am

i am generally not a big fan at all about wallpaper, but #1 the yellow wallpaper stole my heart. i also love the details where it “frames” the wallpaper to create visual interests. it’s almost like a painting and not overwhelming as wallpaper generally can appear to be.

GREAT REC! & great photos as usual ;D

cheers,
    Cindy

• Reply Colorsonmymind September 18, 2007 at 10:20 am

The first one is just stunning!

Love it

• Reply Peggy September 18, 2007 at 2:52 pm

I am not a wallpaper lover, but…that first pic is absolutely gorgeous. It’s ingenuous they way they’ve used the wallpaper as art, and placed it inside the frame on the wall. Also love the white with pops of yellow pillows.

I am excited to see new and innovative uses of wallpaper such as this.

• Reply what September 18, 2007 at 4:51 pm

Wallpaper has started to turn me into a believer….love the yellow cow parsley and dinosaurs especially.

Lesley
    WHAT blog
    WHAT designers

• Reply Anonymous September 18, 2007 at 11:23 pm

Cole and Son has a beautiful website (http://www.cole-and-son.com)where you can see their wallpapers in room setings etc. Also you can purchase any UK fabric or wallpaper at Sanderson Fabrics (http://www.sandersonfabrics.co.uk)for less than retail but there is vat and shipping but still….The colors on the sanderson website are not great so always check real site first. Cat

• Reply Anonymous September 19, 2007 at 4:20 am

SHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I just bought the cow parsley wallpaper for my entry a couple of months ago, and was so happy to have ‘discovered’ a wallpaper that hadn’t been overexploited like the Wearstler Trellis, Cole and Son’s Trees or Clarence House’s Vase pattern… you’ve got to keep these things quiet!

; )

• Reply TokyoBunnie September 20, 2007 at 1:14 am

That whale-paper!! Ahhhh! I love it.

• Reply gigi September 21, 2007 at 5:17 am

love it ALL, but most of all that whale paper. i like that dullish contrast against the polished concrete floor.

nice!

• Reply Just and Court Bankhead February 12, 2008 at 6:44 pm

i have been looking for bright yellow wallpaper all over the web for the last hour – nothing! then i find your site and now i have five or more great papers to choose from. Thanks!

• Reply decor8 February 12, 2008 at 7:05 pm

Just and Court: You think Cole and Son is great, link here because I’ve posted A LOT more wallpaper manufacturers to choose from, you’ll LOVE this:

• Reply decor8 February 12, 2008 at 7:06 pm

Anon- That sofa could very well be from Candice Olsen’s furniture collection available at Norwalk Furniture. It reminds me of the Maxine: http://tinyurl.com/3cdekt

• Reply wendy james March 8, 2015 at 12:53 pm

do you sell cow parsley wall paper by cole |&son if so how much is it with you.