Cole and Son’s Cow Parsley

I am obsessed with Cole and Son’s Cow Parsley wallpaper in yellow. 100% head-over-heels in love. I visited a loft yesterday in the South End and it was proudly displayed as a focal point on one of the walls and I went bonkers. My heart did flips. Just look at it.

Seeing it in person cemented the fact that I need this wallpaper somewhere in my home. I’ve liked it for months, but there’s nothing like an up close and personal view. I found it online over at Walnut Wallpaper, so I’m thinking I’ll just splurge and order a few rolls so at least I have it for when the spirit moves me and I find a wall to cover in my house. Oh, this is crazy pretty! And the pattern is so subtle that it’s quite versatile and not as dramatic as say, the first few papers shown below. So you can change things in the room without feeling like you must stick to something specific because of your crazy bold wallpaper. This isn’t crazy or bold, it’s just stunning and we like stunning, don’t we? :)

Here are some other great wallpaper prints over at Walnut in addition to Cow Parsley… I think I’ll forever love wallpaper. It started when I was a little girl and continues on thanks to all the terrific contemporary patterns out there.

{update: I’m heading off for the day (work-related), but I’ll be back later on (this evening) or in the morning. I have so much I want to blog about but no time today, so it will have to wait. I hope you are all doing great, happy Monday. -holly}

(images from real simple and walnut wallpaper)

Posted by decor8 in walls on September 17, 2007

1. minxlj commented
    September 17th, 2007 at 3:55pm

The dinosaur wallpaper is fantastic!! A great solution to a child’s room if you still want to keep it looking classy and elegant. I can see Ross from Friends decorating his room like that (LOL)

2. Anonymous commented
    September 17th, 2007 at 5:15pm

Beautiful! I love the sofa in the top photo too! Do you know whose it is?

3. cartolina commented
    September 17th, 2007 at 5:45pm

Wow Holly,
    I LOVE the wales – that would go over really well out here in the pacific northwest. How fun, great to see some new stuff in the way of wall paper – thanks,

4. Anna at D16 commented
    September 17th, 2007 at 6:37pm

Haha, my brother would love that dinosaur paper (he’s 42, but who’s counting)!

I wallpapered my little entryway vestibule with Orla Kiely paper, and I love it to death. I don’t see what the big worry is over wallpaper, personally — yeah, it can be pricey (so can paint, believe me!), but it’s not the mega-commitment everyone makes it out to be.

Ooooh, that “Opium” paper in ivory over at Walnut is making me want to wallpaper my dressing room…

5. Patricia Buzo commented
    September 17th, 2007 at 7:44pm

I have to say I’m normally not that fond of wallpaper, but these are really stunning. Great find!

6. Brooke commented
    September 17th, 2007 at 11:14pm

I absolutely LOVE that yellow wallpaper!

7. Gisele commented
    September 17th, 2007 at 11:43pm

oh my… this last dino one kills me! so cool wallpapers!! :D a beautiful blog to add to my rss reading *g*

8. Kristi commented
    September 17th, 2007 at 11:59pm

I love the dinosaurs perfect for a kids room or classroom.

9. by Johanna Brandvik commented
    September 18th, 2007 at 2:02am

I’m still on the fence with the whole wallpaper thing, but I could totally do it with the waynes coating (not the entire wall, but almost!). Thanks for this!

10. drey commented
    September 18th, 2007 at 3:37am

that top photo has remained one of my all time fav photos and you got to see it in person??? best yet, you’ve IDENTIFIED it :)

thanks decor8 :)

11. cindy@staged4more commented
    September 18th, 2007 at 6:31am

i am generally not a big fan at all about wallpaper, but #1 the yellow wallpaper stole my heart. i also love the details where it “frames” the wallpaper to create visual interests. it’s almost like a painting and not overwhelming as wallpaper generally can appear to be.

GREAT REC! & great photos as usual ;D

cheers,
    Cindy

12. Colorsonmymind commented
    September 18th, 2007 at 10:20am

The first one is just stunning!

Love it

13. Peggy commented
    September 18th, 2007 at 2:52pm

I am not a wallpaper lover, but…that first pic is absolutely gorgeous. It’s ingenuous they way they’ve used the wallpaper as art, and placed it inside the frame on the wall. Also love the white with pops of yellow pillows.

I am excited to see new and innovative uses of wallpaper such as this.

14. what commented
    September 18th, 2007 at 4:51pm

Wallpaper has started to turn me into a believer….love the yellow cow parsley and dinosaurs especially.

Lesley
    WHAT blog
    WHAT designers

15. Anonymous commented
    September 18th, 2007 at 11:23pm

Cole and Son has a beautiful website (http://www.cole-and-son.com)where you can see their wallpapers in room setings etc. Also you can purchase any UK fabric or wallpaper at Sanderson Fabrics (http://www.sandersonfabrics.co.uk)for less than retail but there is vat and shipping but still….The colors on the sanderson website are not great so always check real site first. Cat

16. Anonymous commented
    September 19th, 2007 at 4:20am

SHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I just bought the cow parsley wallpaper for my entry a couple of months ago, and was so happy to have ‘discovered’ a wallpaper that hadn’t been overexploited like the Wearstler Trellis, Cole and Son’s Trees or Clarence House’s Vase pattern… you’ve got to keep these things quiet!

; )

17. TokyoBunnie commented
    September 20th, 2007 at 1:14am

That whale-paper!! Ahhhh! I love it.

18. gigi commented
    September 21st, 2007 at 5:17am

love it ALL, but most of all that whale paper. i like that dullish contrast against the polished concrete floor.

nice!

19. Just and Court Bankhead commented
    February 12th, 2008 at 6:44pm

i have been looking for bright yellow wallpaper all over the web for the last hour – nothing! then i find your site and now i have five or more great papers to choose from. Thanks!

20. decor8 commented
    February 12th, 2008 at 7:05pm

Just and Court: You think Cole and Son is great, link here because I’ve posted A LOT more wallpaper manufacturers to choose from, you’ll LOVE this:

21. decor8 commented
    February 12th, 2008 at 7:06pm

Anon- That sofa could very well be from Candice Olsen’s furniture collection available at Norwalk Furniture. It reminds me of the Maxine: http://tinyurl.com/3cdekt