Mel Lim Wall Decals {new}

If you know Joy by Mel Lim stationery, and how could you not since she’s popping up everywhere, then you’ll love knowing that she has her hands in the wall decal biz now designing for Blik.

Oh yes, it’s true. So you can adorn your walls with her lush designs of happy, pretty, swirly things. Great for adults and kids, and since each element is a separate sticker, you can arrange them however you’d like. Big plus. More information here.

(images from mel lim)

Posted by decor8 in diy on October 11, 2007

1. Jessica commented
    October 11th, 2007 at 4:20pm

Hi!

I really love these new details from Blik. I hope you had a chance to check out the new Shiny Squirrel shop!

kind regards,

jessica

2. erin commented
    October 11th, 2007 at 4:40pm

i know i’m only supposed to leave comments if i’m gushing love about something, but i just can’t help myself! i feel like i’m the only one who is tired of seeing wall decals everywhere, and am convinced that the designs keep getting worse and worse. those look like stock vector graphics someone uploaded to istockphoto 4 years ago.

3. decor8 commented
    October 11th, 2007 at 5:10pm

erin no need to worry, you can say what you feel – i understand that not everyone reading this blog is going to like exactly the things i like so really, feel free to express your thoughts. really!

4. erin commented
    October 11th, 2007 at 5:22pm

well at least i love 98.5% of the things you write about!

5. Anonymous commented
    October 11th, 2007 at 9:54pm

Mel’s designs are refreshingly original. I love the color combos, too. Genius!

6. elysa commented
    October 11th, 2007 at 10:01pm

I love the wall decal trend and I plan on eventually doing something like this at my bedroom, there are just so many choices

7. kathylynn commented
    October 12th, 2007 at 4:25pm

I think the decals are so cool. Love them!

8. Anonymous commented
    October 12th, 2007 at 9:06pm

i agree with anonymous. mel’s designs are the real original. it’s smart and innovative!

9. designgirl commented
    October 13th, 2007 at 3:37am

I just love this blog & have never commented….you are my favorite read with my morning coffee & I thought I’d finally tell you!

but seeing that it’s 11:35 on a Friday night…..you go well with wine too :)

I am a designer who also writes free lance, so I appreciate your fun narratives AND your photos & links…you just make my days (and nights – !) a little better – so thanks!

10. Anonymous commented
    October 14th, 2007 at 5:20pm

This is like the best blog for decorating. It is so inspiring. I love it. The things picked to go on the site have so much character and style. I come back here over and over again since I accidentally found this blog.
    Anna

11. Maryam in Marrakesh commented
    October 15th, 2007 at 8:53am

Holly, you totally have made me a decal lover!

PS I am in the US, and guess what I have with me?:-)

12. nicole commented
    October 15th, 2007 at 1:31pm

@erin, I agree. Wall decals can be a nice alternative, but they have to be done in way that they integrate well with the room, and these absolutely do not – too much fussy detail.

13. Anonymous commented
    October 15th, 2007 at 2:04pm

I hope you’re well Holly! We miss you :)

14. kathylynn commented
    October 15th, 2007 at 4:41pm

What cool decals. I love to redecorate and what an inexpensive way to do so.

15. maricel commented
    November 24th, 2007 at 6:56pm

Hi! I love your blog and wall decals too, I?m from Bs.As., Argentina and i want you to see our site: http://www.mapiurka.com.ar
    I hope yo like it…Best Regards
    Maricel

16. Speed_Racer commented
    December 26th, 2007 at 6:42am

I’ve been in the industry forever and I don’t see this level smart design and playfulness going on with my current team. I’ve seen Mel’s cards and other products at our local cool store and one thing I can tell you is she original. For that “Erin” person to say her work is clip art or stock graphics is just plain ignorant and show’s the typical American mentality of instant opinion on something they know nothing about. I’m always saddened to see people you are so obviously jeallous of others, yet fail to put in an effort to work hard to achieve anything of significance themselves. Anyways…enough ranting! Mel Lim;s work actually makes me want to go back over my life’s work and put together some stuff to send off to get licensed! Keep designing Mel!

17. Anonymous commented
    May 2nd, 2008 at 7:30pm

Note: Maybe people who are scared of putting a color on the wall, or adding “fussy” details, or any type of vibrant revitalization into otherwise bland human dwellings should stick to “Antique White” walls with granny wallpaper on the lower half molding. I think Mel Lim’s work is VERY original especially after seeing all her cool stuff on her online site http://www.joybymellim.com (I just bought $53 dollars worth without hesitation). Nice work Mel! I can’t wait to receive my order!

Trackbacks and Pingbacks