DIY

Mel Lim Wall Decals {new}

October 11, 2007

If you know Joy by Mel Lim stationery, and how could you not since she’s popping up everywhere, then you’ll love knowing that she has her hands in the wall decal biz now designing for Blik.

Mel Lim Wall Decals {new}

Oh yes, it’s true. So you can adorn your walls with her lush designs of happy, pretty, swirly things. Great for adults and kids, and since each element is a separate sticker, you can arrange them however you’d like. Big plus. More information here.

(images from mel lim)

You Might Also Like

18 Comments

• Reply Jessica October 11, 2007 at 4:20 pm

Hi!

I really love these new details from Blik. I hope you had a chance to check out the new Shiny Squirrel shop!

kind regards,

jessica

• Reply erin October 11, 2007 at 4:40 pm

i know i’m only supposed to leave comments if i’m gushing love about something, but i just can’t help myself! i feel like i’m the only one who is tired of seeing wall decals everywhere, and am convinced that the designs keep getting worse and worse. those look like stock vector graphics someone uploaded to istockphoto 4 years ago.

• Reply decor8 October 11, 2007 at 5:10 pm

erin no need to worry, you can say what you feel – i understand that not everyone reading this blog is going to like exactly the things i like so really, feel free to express your thoughts. really!

• Reply erin October 11, 2007 at 5:22 pm

well at least i love 98.5% of the things you write about!

• Reply Anonymous October 11, 2007 at 9:54 pm

Mel’s designs are refreshingly original. I love the color combos, too. Genius!

• Reply elysa October 11, 2007 at 10:01 pm

I love the wall decal trend and I plan on eventually doing something like this at my bedroom, there are just so many choices

• Reply kathylynn October 12, 2007 at 4:25 pm

I think the decals are so cool. Love them!

• Reply Anonymous October 12, 2007 at 9:06 pm

i agree with anonymous. mel’s designs are the real original. it’s smart and innovative!

• Reply designgirl October 13, 2007 at 3:37 am

I just love this blog & have never commented….you are my favorite read with my morning coffee & I thought I’d finally tell you!

but seeing that it’s 11:35 on a Friday night…..you go well with wine too :)

I am a designer who also writes free lance, so I appreciate your fun narratives AND your photos & links…you just make my days (and nights – !) a little better – so thanks!

• Reply Anonymous October 14, 2007 at 5:20 pm

This is like the best blog for decorating. It is so inspiring. I love it. The things picked to go on the site have so much character and style. I come back here over and over again since I accidentally found this blog.
    Anna

• Reply Maryam in Marrakesh October 15, 2007 at 8:53 am

Holly, you totally have made me a decal lover!

PS I am in the US, and guess what I have with me?:-)

• Reply nicole October 15, 2007 at 1:31 pm

@erin, I agree. Wall decals can be a nice alternative, but they have to be done in way that they integrate well with the room, and these absolutely do not – too much fussy detail.

• Reply Anonymous October 15, 2007 at 2:04 pm

I hope you’re well Holly! We miss you :)

• Reply kathylynn October 15, 2007 at 4:41 pm

What cool decals. I love to redecorate and what an inexpensive way to do so.

• Reply maricel November 24, 2007 at 6:56 pm

Hi! I love your blog and wall decals too, I?m from Bs.As., Argentina and i want you to see our site: http://www.mapiurka.com.ar
    I hope yo like it…Best Regards
    Maricel

• Reply Speed_Racer December 26, 2007 at 6:42 am

I’ve been in the industry forever and I don’t see this level smart design and playfulness going on with my current team. I’ve seen Mel’s cards and other products at our local cool store and one thing I can tell you is she original. For that “Erin” person to say her work is clip art or stock graphics is just plain ignorant and show’s the typical American mentality of instant opinion on something they know nothing about. I’m always saddened to see people you are so obviously jeallous of others, yet fail to put in an effort to work hard to achieve anything of significance themselves. Anyways…enough ranting! Mel Lim;s work actually makes me want to go back over my life’s work and put together some stuff to send off to get licensed! Keep designing Mel!

• Reply Anonymous May 2, 2008 at 7:30 pm

Note: Maybe people who are scared of putting a color on the wall, or adding “fussy” details, or any type of vibrant revitalization into otherwise bland human dwellings should stick to “Antique White” walls with granny wallpaper on the lower half molding. I think Mel Lim’s work is VERY original especially after seeing all her cool stuff on her online site http://www.joybymellim.com (I just bought $53 dollars worth without hesitation). Nice work Mel! I can’t wait to receive my order!