Tsk Tsk {Australia}

I think all this exposure to Australian artists via Etsy has been a great learning experience for me, as I’d not been exposed to design down under much at all until design blogs and etsy popped up.

I love the crafts and art from this beautiful country, I’m always searching Etsy for Aussie artists because I am drawn to their design aesthetic every time – it’s so modern and fresh. One shop I check often is Tsk Tsk, have you heard of it? This lady is crazy for Russian nesting dolls, she features them in nearly all of her work lately and I love seeing how she translates a popular design motif into art, cushions, and other cutie things. I first heard about her last summer and have enjoyed watching her online adventures with Etsy grow and prosper.

Enjoy!

(images from tsk tsk)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, etsy, walls on October 18, 2007

1. http://projectblancoyd.typepad.com/ commented
    October 18th, 2007 at 7:28pm

Those little nesting dolls are great aren’t they? I might pick up one myself :)

2. tiel commented
    October 18th, 2007 at 9:36pm

thank you so much for the mention. I can’t wait for 2008. I have so much I’m yearning to do.

3. Heather Moore commented
    October 19th, 2007 at 7:06am

Tiel’s work is fantastic! She sent me one of her paintings as a prize, and I love it. So pleased you have discovered her. And i must say that I am also blown away by the fantastic design coming out of Australia. should you happen to come across one, Vogue Living Australia is always a treat.

4. Beata commented
    October 19th, 2007 at 6:51pm

I love Tiel’s work – I just received my second matryoshka artwork from her and I’m absolutely smitten!

Beata (rosehip.typepad.com)

5. Tyler commented
    February 25th, 2008 at 3:35pm

Just discovered Tiel’s work and I love the fabric dolls and prints. Please make more — they seem to be sold out on your site! Read an interview where Tiel quoted Lewis Carroll discussing ‘many impossible things before breakfast’. Refreshing and inspiring.