Inspiration on a Grey Friday

It’s a cool grey day here but who cares when I have tea, magazines and books, a cozy cable knit blanket (although I’d prefer this one), and plenty of lavender scented candles and good music to keep me occupied. I’ve designated today as an official Hollyday, so I’ll wrap up blogging for the week with this post. Here are some moody hygge-inspired images from Country Living, an extra edition by German magazine Living & More.

While I’m not a huge rustic decorating fan, I think it has a bit of a different look here in northern Europe than I am used to back home and I like it because parts of it I can mix in with my own things and everything would fit nicely.

Yum… I’ll take hot cocoa with whipped cream served in a Moroccan tea glass anyday. I really like this idea, I’ve not thought to use them for cocoa before. I also like what they’ve done to standard pillar candles. You can get candles like this for as low as a dollar at some stores. They used clear glue (like decoupage glue) and using numbers cut from wrapping paper, painted the glue to the backs and adhered them to the candles. Smart! I also like the simple linen wrapped over a pillow and tied with ribbon on this sofa. No-sew!

Links I’m clicking:

There are a few *new* entries today below this one, I hope you enjoy them, and I’ll see you again on Monday!

(images from country living and chair via anthropologie. drool.)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on October 26, 2007

1. Jennifer commented
    October 26th, 2007 at 8:35pm

I love the hot chocolate in the Moroccan tea glass, too. Very sophisticated. Can just picture them with gilt edged silverware and a tray of elegant cakes.

2. LallaLydia commented
    October 27th, 2007 at 1:11am

Any word on where those Moroccan glasses are from? They’re lovely!

3. www.theredstriped.etsy.com commented
    October 28th, 2007 at 3:00pm

Hey thanks for adding my “insecure mirror” on etsy to your favorites list. I was really pumped to see it there :) I have more funny pictures on my art/interior design blog at http://www.projectblancoyd.typepad.com .

4. tiel commented
    October 29th, 2007 at 5:25am

i’m with you on the chair..gorgeous.

5. frau liebe commented
    October 29th, 2007 at 9:55am

That chair is fantastic!

6. mlle a. commented
    October 30th, 2007 at 8:08pm

Cushion covers from simple linen and “country cottons” are very fashionable among the “rustikal” lovers here; people are scoring markets for linen flours sacks and feedsacks (and pay fortunes on eBay), such as the one in your scan above. I’ve had some people ask me for customized covers this year, and they’re quite fun to make. Also, these are very chique in Japan right now, with the Zakka and “natural living” hype.