Inspiration on a Grey Friday
It’s a cool grey day here but who cares when I have tea, magazines and books, a cozy cable knit blanket (although I’d prefer this one), and plenty of lavender scented candles and good music to keep me occupied. I’ve designated today as an official Hollyday, so I’ll wrap up blogging for the week with this post. Here are some moody hygge-inspired images from Country Living, an extra edition by German magazine Living & More.
While I’m not a huge rustic decorating fan, I think it has a bit of a different look here in northern Europe than I am used to back home and I like it because parts of it I can mix in with my own things and everything would fit nicely.
Yum… I’ll take hot cocoa with whipped cream served in a Moroccan tea glass anyday. I really like this idea, I’ve not thought to use them for cocoa before. I also like what they’ve done to standard pillar candles. You can get candles like this for as low as a dollar at some stores. They used clear glue (like decoupage glue) and using numbers cut from wrapping paper, painted the glue to the backs and adhered them to the candles. Smart! I also like the simple linen wrapped over a pillow and tied with ribbon on this sofa. No-sew!
Links I’m clicking:
- Alex and her post on transforming an Anthropologie store.
- Tana Lawn fabrics at Purl highlighted by Miss Joy this week.
- Helen Musselwhite art and illustration via Bloesem.
- One of Marisa’s paintings as a cake. Yes really. Too cute.
- The new Swansong newsletter just posted.
- Japanese buttons at Maluhia. I had to stop at 3 packs.
- Barbapapa dinner at Emmas. And a very fantastic Stockholm store to spend your kroners.
- If you’re in North Carolina anytime soon, hit the The Handmade Market on Nov. 3rd.
- Poketto cuteness from Canada via Etsy.
- ANYTHING made by Your Secret Admirers.
- This could quite possibly be the perfect chair from anthro.
There are a few *new* entries today below this one, I hope you enjoy them, and I’ll see you again on Monday!
(images from country living and chair via anthropologie. drool.)