uncategorized

On the Radio

October 29, 2007

If you think that love isn’t found on the radio..” Oh yes, it is. And it’s right here in all it’s vintage glory circa 1970-something. And it’s a radio that spells it out and yup, it still works. Best part, it will soon be in my house because I purchased it over at ComingHome Interiors, the amazing store that I blogged about last week.

On the RadioWhen I pick it up in a few days, I promise to flip it over and reveal who made it so you proceed with your google investigation to locate one for yourself. I think it belongs on credenzas everywhere. Who knows, perhaps there are a few on good old eBay. If it’s out there it’s on eBay, right?

“They said it really loud, they said it on the air on the radio.”

(image from cominghome interiors)

You Might Also Like

12 Comments

• Reply Lobster and swan October 29, 2007 at 1:34 pm

did you buy the beautiful lamp too?

• Reply dola October 29, 2007 at 2:40 pm

I just sent a link to this post to my boyfriend. He’s mildly obsessed with vintage cameras and the such and has been looking for large vintage wooden tripods for some time now. He plans to make a similar floor lamp.
    Thanks for the lovely reminder.

Also, I love that Radio! I can’t find it on the site…do they carry a line of them? Is there anywhere else to purchase it or is it a one of a kind piece? It?s so perfect. Great find!

• Reply Jana Souza October 29, 2007 at 2:51 pm

Holly,

your post is so cute; I personally like that table that the radio is on :) love their merchandising, their product and their image—love your cute lyrics at the end too—:) too fun for school.

• Reply KJ October 29, 2007 at 3:10 pm

That is so cute, it almost makes me wish I still had a day job as an officemonkey so I’d have a desk to put it on and show it off. Of course…it’d look just as neat in a studio, right? I’ll definitely be conducting a Google investigation. :)

• Reply kis October 29, 2007 at 3:51 pm

Very cute!
    It’s definitely something I’d love on my credenza.. compact with a moderate retro feel, and functional.

Off to search for it now. :)

• Reply Anonymous October 29, 2007 at 4:03 pm

i love it!

• Reply katastrophik October 29, 2007 at 5:09 pm

I found one of those RADIOs in a flea market in Freising, Germany about five years ago…it was ein Euro!!! It still works and I still love it!

• Reply Brooke October 29, 2007 at 10:20 pm

Oh, I LOVE that radio! I’ve got to go searching now! :)

• Reply Vicki October 30, 2007 at 10:55 am

I saw one of these at a village market a while ago – they had a matching ‘clock’ too! Here’s a piccie. If I wasn’t such a poor student at the time I’d have bought them both. I kinda wish I had anyway!

• Reply Abbey October 30, 2007 at 11:21 pm

The fish is awesome too!!

• Reply SMB July 20, 2009 at 10:53 am

Radio, schmadio. I want that chair!

• Reply AmyP July 20, 2009 at 6:25 pm

OMG – I used to have a radio just like that! (in my late teens/early 20s). I wonder what happened to it…