On the Radio {whoa oh oh oh}

If you think that love isn’t found on the radio..” Oh yes, it is. And it’s right here in all it’s vintage glory circa 1970-something. And it’s a radio that spells it out and yup, it still works. Best part, it will soon be in my house because I purchased it over at ComingHome Interiors, the amazing store that I blogged about last week.

When I pick it up in a few days, I promise to flip it over and reveal who made it so you proceed with your google investigation to locate one for yourself. I think it belongs on credenzas everywhere. Who knows, perhaps there are a few on good old eBay. If it’s out there it’s on eBay, right?

“They said it really loud, they said it on the air on the radio.”

(image from cominghome interiors)

Posted by decor8 in vintage on October 29, 2007

1. Lobster and swan commented
    October 29th, 2007 at 1:34pm

did you buy the beautiful lamp too?

2. dola commented
    October 29th, 2007 at 2:40pm

I just sent a link to this post to my boyfriend. He’s mildly obsessed with vintage cameras and the such and has been looking for large vintage wooden tripods for some time now. He plans to make a similar floor lamp.
    Thanks for the lovely reminder.

Also, I love that Radio! I can’t find it on the site…do they carry a line of them? Is there anywhere else to purchase it or is it a one of a kind piece? It?s so perfect. Great find!

3. Jana Souza commented
    October 29th, 2007 at 2:51pm

Holly,

your post is so cute; I personally like that table that the radio is on :) love their merchandising, their product and their image—love your cute lyrics at the end too—:) too fun for school.

4. KJ commented
    October 29th, 2007 at 3:10pm

That is so cute, it almost makes me wish I still had a day job as an officemonkey so I’d have a desk to put it on and show it off. Of course…it’d look just as neat in a studio, right? I’ll definitely be conducting a Google investigation. :)

5. kis commented
    October 29th, 2007 at 3:51pm

Very cute!
    It’s definitely something I’d love on my credenza.. compact with a moderate retro feel, and functional.

Off to search for it now. :)

6. Anonymous commented
    October 29th, 2007 at 4:03pm

i love it!

7. katastrophik commented
    October 29th, 2007 at 5:09pm

I found one of those RADIOs in a flea market in Freising, Germany about five years ago…it was ein Euro!!! It still works and I still love it!

8. Brooke commented
    October 29th, 2007 at 10:20pm

Oh, I LOVE that radio! I’ve got to go searching now! :)

9. Vicki commented
    October 30th, 2007 at 10:55am

I saw one of these at a village market a while ago – they had a matching ‘clock’ too! Here’s a piccie. If I wasn’t such a poor student at the time I’d have bought them both. I kinda wish I had anyway!

10. Abbey commented
    October 30th, 2007 at 11:21pm

The fish is awesome too!!

11. SMB commented
    July 20th, 2009 at 10:53am

Radio, schmadio. I want that chair!

12. AmyP commented
    July 20th, 2009 at 6:25pm

OMG – I used to have a radio just like that! (in my late teens/early 20s). I wonder what happened to it…