Isabelle Halling {swedish decorator}

When flipping through my favorite design magazines, I love to hunt for the stylist/decorator’s names, or for the photographer, so I can google these creative talents in hopes of finding their portfolio online. If you don’t already do this, you may want to get into the habit because it’s often a search that leads you to some very satisfying results.

This is exactly how I came across Swedish decorator Isabelle Halling, via Sk?na Hem magazine. Her portfolio is lovely, here’s a glimpse. I love how this kitchen/living/dining room space is styled, small yet very well coordinated with lots of sweet touches. I love the shelf of well arranged pastel ceramics and the big black lamp, I’m seeing lots of those over here in homes – they seem to be pretty common and old-fashioned – my oma had a red one!

Can anyone identify the designer of this pendant light? It seems to be a staple in Swedish design, I see it in so many Scandinavian books and magazines. Any clue?

(images from isabelle halling)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration, travel on October 31, 2007

1. Lady-A commented
    October 31st, 2007 at 5:35pm

Does anyone know where the kitchen table and overhead green lamp are from?

*drool*

2. zee commented
    November 1st, 2007 at 4:33pm

The green lamp is “Bluff” from Habitat, although they discontinued that sage colour this year, but it does now come in a yummy lime green… http://www.habitat.co.uk/fcp/product/browse/Pendant/989880

I would guess that the table is vintage. An Ebay search for Danish/Swedish/Scandinavian teak dining tables might come up with something similar.

3. Anonymous commented
    November 1st, 2007 at 6:53pm

The lamp is called “kjesarens nya lampa” or The emperors new lamp.
    Produced and sold by design dessert.

/Ellen

4. Online Kitchenware commented
    November 3rd, 2007 at 8:59am

Now i know where to get the wall light, Habitat. I have been looking for a wall light for my brother for Xmas He loves Habitat. He is an architect for Norman Foster in London UK. I asked him what he wanted for Xmas, he said a wall light in a green colour & to save space for is home office. Also noticed the radio which he bought my mother for last Xmas and the Kitchenaid food mixer that we sell on our Oline kitchen store.

5. Kim commented
    July 20th, 2009 at 11:19am

I love that huge pink pot! & the red and white polka dot teapot!
    .-= Kim´s last blog ..Queen Marchesa =-.