Inspiration

House to Home {room inspiration}

November 2, 2007

Looking to be inspired today by some beautiful rooms? Visit House to Home for the ultimate room inspiration – what a terrific website this is from the UK. You have to visit! Best part, if you see something you like in these images, you can search the site for the photo and view some of the items used in the rooms – complete with links. It’s the best.

House to Home {room inspiration} Great dog, amazing color scheme, dreamy sofa. The rug is the perfect accent.

House to Home {room inspiration} Can’t go wrong with grey and a hint of blue, mustard, or violet. I’m especially loving the lamp in the bottom right corner. Click here to see a full view of this image, the shade is gorgeous and I really like the chairs slipcovered in a variety of patterns and colors.

House to Home {room inspiration}Dreamy bookcase, blogged here before. The chair by Squint
looks great paired with the oriental rug.

House to Home {room inspiration}Combing unexpected patterns can often lead to amazing results.
Or you can stick to a white or grey color scheme for equally beautiful spaces.

House to Home {room inspiration}Nothing beats stacking wood like this into an unused fireplace. This is especially great for the fireplaces that have been filled in and cannot be used. If your fireplace is not deep, you can take wood from the forest and saw logs into thick slices and stack them in a similar fashion to give the appearance of having a deep fireplace. If you’re creative, you can even draw them on white paper and loosely tape over the filled in space – pretty!

House to Home {room inspiration}Emerald green looks really nice in this space, especially with the white table, there’s a nice balance here of light and dark. The art display is stunning! I also like the dining room image in bottom right corner, the simple shelving unit is arranged so nicely using magazine files for storage and patterned binders that coordinate.

House to Home {room inspiration}A living room that reminds me of a Coastal cottage space, a vintage bench reused as a coffee table is a smart choice because it doubles as seating, and the patina gives it warmth and a sense of history. The floral pillows on the sofa blend nicely with the flowers, apple, book imagery, and vases on the bench. Very simple accents, high impact.

House to Home {room inspiration}These rooms are relaxed and comfortable. More wood stacked in a fireplace.
Comfy sofas, pretty stools, pastel-y hued walls. So feminine and zen-like.

House to Home {room inspiration}This sofa is killer. The color is one I would have never guessed that I would love, but I do.
It looks like tweed, doesn’t it? And the wallpaper is so mesmerizing.

House to Home {room inspiration}Another relaxing space and though I’m not a leather chair lover,
I could get used to this one next to a warm crackling fire in the winter.

House to Home {room inspiration} And finally, this very folksy dining room with a green cabinet that you love the longer you look at it – it seems to have some history to it, maybe it once stood in a old drug store. I really like the curtains, painting, and the soft green hues – but I’d replace the chairs and chandelier immediately with something more modern with cleaner lines – everything is a bit too country for me.

(all images from house to home)

22 Comments

• Reply Abbey November 2, 2007 at 1:35 pm

Love love love these. Esp. the chairs in last photo. Thanks Holly!

• Reply :: A S K :: November 2, 2007 at 2:03 pm

I love the idea of putting pieces of wood in the unused fireplace … I bet it also gives off a really nice aroma!

• Reply Lyn Spataro November 2, 2007 at 2:24 pm

i fell in love with the second photo from the bottom and posted it as well a couple months back. i’m a sucker for wide wood plank floors. i think leather can be uninviting sometimes, because you can’t just sink right in. you’re usually struggling to keep your toosh from sliding all over. still think it’s such an inviting room. i’m dreaming of the green cabinet for my house (when I have one some day).

• Reply annechovie November 2, 2007 at 3:45 pm

What a great source for ideas and inspiration, Holly! Some gorgeous rooms. Thank you for introducing me to this site.

• Reply Vieiragirl November 2, 2007 at 3:47 pm

Everything looks so cozy, I love when home sites and magazines show spaces that seem to be actually lived in.

• Reply ?My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.? Hemingway November 2, 2007 at 3:51 pm

Love the pinky/mauvey sofa. I have a very small flat in the States I need to fit out…any suggestions on where I could find a similar style on a budget? :)

• Reply jane November 2, 2007 at 6:31 pm

Really love that pink/mauve sofa…

Holly, weren’t you looking for a disco ball light the other day?

• Reply Penguin & Fish November 2, 2007 at 7:00 pm

Man that flowery willowy tree with that sofa is GORGEOUS!

• Reply Naomi November 2, 2007 at 8:53 pm

Does anyone know where that shaggy poof is from? It’s puuurdy!

• Reply tiel November 2, 2007 at 9:26 pm

and did anyone notice the disco ball? love that white room.

• Reply amber November 3, 2007 at 5:07 am

love the tweedy sofa & cherry blossom decals, and REALLY adore those 2 little ocean paintings in the coastal cottage.

• Reply Emily November 3, 2007 at 1:52 pm

i love the the wood in the fire place and the dark floor with all the white!!

• Reply M. Patrizio November 4, 2007 at 5:22 pm

That green cabinet is awesome! I would love to have something like that to store all my art supplies.

• Reply an angel at my table November 4, 2007 at 6:31 pm

Absolutly fab. I must visit at once. Hope you don’t mind me adding you to my favorite list?

• Reply Living It November 5, 2007 at 12:02 am

I agree – the sofa is great

• Reply Anonymous November 5, 2007 at 1:24 am

Didn’t click on the link but recognise most of these images as published in Living Etc. magazine.

• Reply Sanctuary November 5, 2007 at 8:31 am

The coastal cottage reminding home is definitely one of the most beautiful I’ve ever seen, that of Atlanta Bartlett. Tops my ‘love files’.

• Reply Anonymous November 5, 2007 at 8:50 pm

Does anyone know where I can find the tree wallpaper that is pictured with the tweed sofa?

• Reply Anonymous November 5, 2007 at 8:51 pm

not to be a party pooper, but why do they need the wood if their fireplace doesn’t work?? i love this stacked wood look, it’s everywhere these days, looks really cool and i would love to do it, BUT i’ve been told that not only should you store firewood outside, but you shouldn’t even keep in on the porch or anywhere near your home. pests, rodents, etc.

• Reply Anonymous November 5, 2007 at 8:52 pm

• Reply strawberryluna November 6, 2007 at 3:20 am

i am absolutely in love with that tree/wallpaper. what a great find.

• Reply tiffarella November 6, 2007 at 7:14 pm

The site is totally new to me and I absolutely love it! It’s very fresh. Added it to my faves immediately. Thanks so much.