Anne-Claire Petit {netherlands}

Good news! Our friend Sandra is having a baby girl next month so you know what that means for me – a valid excuse to shop at darling baby boutiques (grin)! My favorite store in Hannover for the kiddies is Von Klein Auf, it’s absolutely the sweetest shop, I could spend hours looking through everything. Most of the products are from Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and the Netherlands – like Anne-Claire Petit.

If you’ve not heard of her collection before, Anne-Claire Petit studied industrial design and started her career as a designer for Esprit, where she spent four years until deciding it was time to move forward and develop her own brand, Anne-Claire Petit. Her company has been around now for over ten years, it’s a colorful handmade line of children, home, and pet accessories. You can find her products all over the world.

The red and white crochet mushroom bank (above) is a personal favorite of mine, I’m always looking for a spot to toss my change. For the locals, you can find many items from her collection at Von Klein Auf located at Edenstrasse 42 near Lister Platz.

(images from anne-claire petit)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, shopping, travel on November 05, 2007

1. windowsshopper commented
    November 5th, 2007 at 11:57am

I love looking at the shops in Sweeden, Denmark but I do not always know the “text” that is explaining the items. Many of them I would love to purchase as well. Is there a “free” site that will translate the text for you? I have been looking and looking on the internet, but as of yet have not found anything like this. Thank you, Holly. And thank you for all of your ideas!

2. Pink Wallpaper commented
    November 5th, 2007 at 4:47pm

i love the spotted dog…too cute!

3. Cher Ami commented
    November 5th, 2007 at 6:59pm

that car is fantastic

4. mlle a. commented
    November 5th, 2007 at 7:23pm

Oh, theirs is a sweet shop (much better than the oriental kitsh shop that was in there before). I’m glad that they made it past the first two years, which isn’t an easy thing in this neighbourhood, and that their stock even increased (not overwhelmingly, but still). I like that they have a good hand with colour schemes and trends.

5. Bess Whittengrad commented
    November 6th, 2007 at 1:17am

love anne-claire petit. if you are looking for baby things, 2 of my favorite blogs are chicmommyfinds.com and designmom.com
    Love your blog and read it daily!
    Bess

6. lorenzstudio commented
    November 6th, 2007 at 6:59am

These are darling!
    I was at KMart today when they were putting out the Martha Stewart Christmas collections and there were the cutest crocheted Christmas ornaments – I saw a teddy bear, turtle and an elephant.

7. Milão commented
    December 25th, 2012 at 11:39pm

I wish you a creative and happy 2013!