Hello!

I’m back from vacation, we flew home from Germany so now I’m blogging live from New Hampshire in our little country home. Everything feels so weird out here after living in a European city for two months, but I’m happy to be home because I missed my stuff! It’s cold here, but sunny, so I thought I’d change the decor8 header to reflect the changing of the seasons from Autumn to Winter and incorporate the color combination I’m smitten by at the moment – gray, white, and lavender. Yes, purple – surprise, surprise. I’m also hooked on metallic silver accents, doily motifs, mercury glass, organic chai tea with lots of milk and honey, and the usual suspects – owls and branch patterns, they inspired the new header. Oh and I’m hooked on Beirut (thanks Ingrid + Gunnar), Dave Gahan’s new CD (thanks Paris, a lucky girl that actually met him in NYC recently), and Paul Oakenfold’s latest. Oh, and I can’t stop listening to Send Me An Angel. So 1980’s.

Here are a few lovely photos saved in my flickr faves if you’d like to click on over and view where they’re from, please do. I always see an unplanned theme when I save photos as faves and then step back and look at all of them together like this. There’s always this specific palette in every batch.

By the way, tomorrow kicks off our week of sales here on decor8 where I’ll be posting discounts and offer codes from many of our sponsors shown in the right column, so stick around – you are sure to find some great deals. I’ll also be posting a few home tours and interviews this week, and for the locals, watch for the post announcing your chance to attend the LOLA launch party with me in December. Until tomorrow….

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on November 19, 2007

1. Ez commented
    November 19th, 2007 at 4:55am

Welcome home! Your new header is just beautiful… such a great color combo you’ve selected!

…anyhow, warm greetings…

xo

2. sandra commented
    November 19th, 2007 at 8:55am

Welcome home, Send me an angel is a fabulous song! Hadn’t seen the video, thanks for the link.

3. Lobster and swan commented
    November 19th, 2007 at 11:29am

Glad you are happy to be home.
    Just want to say thanks for all the lovely European posts. Showing me things that are right on my doorstep, that I hadn’t found myself : )

4. Megan commented
    November 19th, 2007 at 1:59pm

Welcome back to New England! I enjoyed your flickr faves…

5. reckless mind commented
    November 19th, 2007 at 2:57pm

love the heading! i’m getting married next september, and i’ve been thinking about a sage green/lavendar/gray/ivory color palette. i can’t decide if this will look good and seasonally appropriate, but i am with you in loving this subdued color combo.

i’m finding gray to be a refreshing neutral after all the chocolate brown we’ve seen over the past couple of years!

6. alex commented
    November 19th, 2007 at 3:20pm

LOVE your new header! Your comment about purple is too funny… I felt exactly the same way until a few weeks ago when I designed the invitation for the KFPR Style Lounge at Sundance Film Festival – similar palette to yours: gray and lavender but mixed with some blues (I’ll try and send you pix once the invites are done ;)

7. Judit Gueth commented
    November 19th, 2007 at 3:23pm

Hi Holly,

That IS a beautiful fall/winter banner! I love the subtle colors and the mood they create!
    Judit

8. Cher Ami commented
    November 19th, 2007 at 3:39pm

i saw Beirut live a cpl months ago and it was fantastic, go if you have a chance to see him!

that Real Life video is so completely funny haha. Beauty and the Beast??

9. montevideana commented
    November 19th, 2007 at 4:00pm

Hey, welcome back!

The new header combination colors are gorgeous. Thank you for taking the time.

10. thirteenthstory commented
    November 19th, 2007 at 4:26pm

Welcome back! I look forward to spending time in Germany someday soon. I’ve been learning the language this year, and hope to go try it out in 2008.

-Jaye

11. littlemithi commented
    November 19th, 2007 at 4:32pm

LUUUUUURRRRRRVVEEEEEEEEe the new banner!

12. Marisa and Creative Thursday commented
    November 19th, 2007 at 4:33pm

I’m so happy by your back!
    And yes, love the header and those colors ~ beautiful, and the flickr favs…and well it’s always beautiful here at this blog.

13. sandman_gr commented
    November 19th, 2007 at 4:34pm

Welcome home! What a lovely new header!

14. JHAYNE commented
    November 19th, 2007 at 4:41pm

loving the new banner. . .welcome home!

15. Mag commented
    November 19th, 2007 at 5:44pm

I love your new header. Great color combination. I’m also thinking to use gray, and purple for a new Flor rug in the family room.

16. Leah commented
    November 19th, 2007 at 6:05pm

oo, i love the owl and the colors of your header! welcome back to new england! :-)

17. janine commented
    November 19th, 2007 at 6:49pm

Hi Holly,
    just found you blog a couple of weeks ago and like checking in every now and then. I see you are in NH? What part of the state? I am also in NH. I was just curious. Like your other friends, I really enjoy your site too. I own a bead store and also just opened an Etsy store for product and to help my customers sell some of their product. I work out of my brick and mortar store and am amassing product to put into a Ruby Lane shop or to link to my own online store. Can’t decide at the moment. But so far, it’s brick and mortar and Etsy for me. Your site is chock full of inspiration and great, fresh, fun design. And I thought in NH flannel and fleece were the hot designs. What do I know?? -JG

18. decor8 commented
    November 19th, 2007 at 7:27pm

Janine – Let me tell ya, there are a few pockets in NH that have some interesting little stores and art galleries, but NOT MANY – Fleece and Flannel and sweatpants are the norm for the most part. I live in Hollis, a “village” that is really nice and everyone out here except me is really rich (the most expensive property in all of NH) so it’s BMWs and SUVs and lots of coach bags. It really depends. Portsmouth, Hannover, and Peterborough are my favorite towns outside of Hollis. I am not from NH, I was raised in South Carolina and then relocated to Boston where I lived in Marblehead with my family and then in Boston when I went off of my own until 2001 when I married and relocated to NH in 2003.

Where are you from?? NH is such a beautiful states, but not much going on – pretty quiet!

19. scrappy girl commented
    November 19th, 2007 at 8:59pm

Welcome back! Is it snowing up there? We got some football sized hail this morning.

20. paola commented
    November 20th, 2007 at 8:06am

Welcome back! And thanks for the mini-shout out :)

Also loving the banner – I just knew purple would get to you in the end.

21. decor8 commented
    November 20th, 2007 at 6:15pm

Thank you all so much, I’m happy that you all approve of the new header and the color palette I selected. I really like it too, I think it’s my favorite of the batch so far.

Yes Paola – Europe made me a believer! Jump ‘n shout!

ScrappyGirl – Hail in Brooklyn in November? OUCH. Today I opened my eyes to a ton of snow outside, so I feel your pain. It’s too early for all this winter weather.