uncategorized

See you on Monday!

November 21, 2007

I’m so embarrassed. Having just returned from two months abroad, I completely forgot that Thanksgiving is this week. People keep calling to wish me a happy t-day and I’m thinking they are rushing things because Thanksgiving is on Sunday. But no, I’m wrong. It’s like tomorrow.

See you on Monday!With that being said, I’ll resume posting on Monday, November 26th with more discounts from our sponsors, a few home tours and interviews, and other goodies so stay tuned. Enjoy your family time and remember, egg nog isn’t half as good without rum.

2 oz light rum (or more, you little devil, you.)
6 oz milk
1 tsp powdered sugar
1 whole egg
nutmeg

Shake all ingredients (except nutmeg) with ice and strain into a pretty glass. Sprinkle nutmeg on top and serve. Need I say more?

(image from holly becker)

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

• Reply Olga November 21, 2007 at 10:39 pm

Mmm, sounds *very* tempting, but I’m always afraid of eating raw eggs. In Russian (and I’m from Russia), egg nog is called Gogol-Mogol, which is pretty funny.

• Reply Sofia Barao November 22, 2007 at 9:25 am

Happy Thanksgiving Holly :)

• Reply Roberta Beyer November 22, 2007 at 1:57 pm

Thanks for the great recipe and the lovely photo.

• Reply desiree fawn November 22, 2007 at 2:30 pm

Hehe, gogol-mogol. Quite hilarious.

This is so funny that I read this post today: Yesterday (I work at a cafe in Peterborough, ON) I was talking to my manager/friend about egg nogg recipes! We are making egg nog lattes, and chai nogg lattes at work and I was wanting to try and make some at home.

Merci for this sweeeeet recipe!

• Reply Vintage Wine November 24, 2007 at 7:23 am

Happy thanksgiving!

• Reply Shi November 24, 2007 at 7:20 pm

I put in my blog, like a tip your Wonderful flick. It?s a beautiful work.

congratulations,

Shirlei
    S?o Paulo – Brasil

• Reply susanna November 25, 2007 at 10:10 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, Holly! Er…I guess it’s Happy Belated Thanksgiving by now. Anyway, I hope that you had a wonderful holiday weekend.

PS – your blog is a treat!

• Reply One Love Photo November 26, 2007 at 6:26 pm

I will have to pass this one along. My new fun holiday favorite..SOY NOG! A bit less of a guilty pleasure and more animal friendly!

• Reply zee November 27, 2007 at 12:49 pm

Holly, what’s that print in the photo? I’m sure I recognise it and will kick myself when you tell me! Thanks.

• Reply zee November 27, 2007 at 12:56 pm

Nevermind! It’s one of Camilla’s! Lovely to see prints ‘in situ’ – think I might snap one up myself.