See you on Monday!

I’m so embarrassed. Having just returned from two months abroad, I completely forgot that Thanksgiving is this week. People keep calling to wish me a happy t-day and I’m thinking they are rushing things because Thanksgiving is on Sunday. But no, I’m wrong. It’s like tomorrow.

With that being said, I’ll resume posting on Monday, November 26th with more discounts from our sponsors, a few home tours and interviews, and other goodies so stay tuned. Enjoy your family time and remember, egg nog isn’t half as good without rum.

2 oz light rum (or more, you little devil, you.)
6 oz milk
1 tsp powdered sugar
1 whole egg
nutmeg

Shake all ingredients (except nutmeg) with ice and strain into a pretty glass. Sprinkle nutmeg on top and serve. Need I say more?

(image from holly becker)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on November 21, 2007

1. Olga commented
    November 21st, 2007 at 10:39pm

Mmm, sounds *very* tempting, but I’m always afraid of eating raw eggs. In Russian (and I’m from Russia), egg nog is called Gogol-Mogol, which is pretty funny.

2. Sofia Barao commented
    November 22nd, 2007 at 9:25am

Happy Thanksgiving Holly :)

3. Roberta Beyer commented
    November 22nd, 2007 at 1:57pm

Thanks for the great recipe and the lovely photo.

4. desiree fawn commented
    November 22nd, 2007 at 2:30pm

Hehe, gogol-mogol. Quite hilarious.

This is so funny that I read this post today: Yesterday (I work at a cafe in Peterborough, ON) I was talking to my manager/friend about egg nogg recipes! We are making egg nog lattes, and chai nogg lattes at work and I was wanting to try and make some at home.

Merci for this sweeeeet recipe!

5. Vintage Wine commented
    November 24th, 2007 at 7:23am

Happy thanksgiving!

6. Shi commented
    November 24th, 2007 at 7:20pm

I put in my blog, like a tip your Wonderful flick. It?s a beautiful work.

congratulations,

Shirlei
    S?o Paulo – Brasil

7. susanna commented
    November 25th, 2007 at 10:10pm

Happy Thanksgiving, Holly! Er…I guess it’s Happy Belated Thanksgiving by now. Anyway, I hope that you had a wonderful holiday weekend.

PS – your blog is a treat!

8. One Love Photo commented
    November 26th, 2007 at 6:26pm

I will have to pass this one along. My new fun holiday favorite..SOY NOG! A bit less of a guilty pleasure and more animal friendly!

9. zee commented
    November 27th, 2007 at 12:49pm

Holly, what’s that print in the photo? I’m sure I recognise it and will kick myself when you tell me! Thanks.

10. zee commented
    November 27th, 2007 at 12:56pm

Nevermind! It’s one of Camilla’s! Lovely to see prints ‘in situ’ – think I might snap one up myself.