Ground Work

Mature, as in grown up, works of art catch my eye too, I’m not always lured in by playful colors and characters. Take for example the soft and imaginative work of D. Ray. This artist holds a BFA in Illustration and with work featured in CMYK Magazine, it’s exciting to discover her Etsy store Ground Work and to learn that some of her originals are priced under $75 (such thoughtful and beautiful gifts).

Ground Work clearly has talent, her color and composition being both serene and comforting yet striking and mesmerizing. Her focus: the natural world around her. Exploring what’s out there and translating what she sees into soft sensitive forms, combined with a keen eye for color, resulting in delightful works of art. She has a definite style, and though no two paintings are alike, you certainly could group a collection of things on a single wall and create such a diversified focal point as displayed in the image above.

Stunning, mature, fresh, fluid, beautiful.

(images from ground work)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, etsy, walls on November 29, 2007

1. j. shim commented
    November 29th, 2007 at 9:43pm

Oh, I really like Ground Work. I think my favorite image is the painting of the trees connected to each other underground.

2. Victoria E commented
    November 29th, 2007 at 11:02pm

Breathtaking nature-themed work that I just realized I have on my favorite etsy sellers’ list already. :O

3. livingartfully commented
    November 30th, 2007 at 12:29pm

Dreamlike and imaginative. Very subtle color that works and great detail.

4. beckie commented
    November 30th, 2007 at 5:24pm

I LOVE groundwork! I posted about her too the other day. I love how that leaf silhouette looks kind of like mother nature but more so in green.

Great post

5. imwithsully commented
    December 2nd, 2007 at 10:17pm

Thanks so much for leading us to this awesome, talented artist!