Arts + Crafts, Inspiration, Rooms

The Sitting Room {chart crush}

December 4, 2007

Yup. I still have a crush on these charts that many of us sat around staring at for most of our youth in an effort to memorize for the next pop quiz. (I mean, we can’t all be like Lilly, although I do clap for myself on occasion just like she does). Then when you’re an adult and a chart no longer represents fear, sweating, and the difference between getting into the next grade or not, suddenly we find them quite appealing. At least I do. So while reading Vanessa’s blog recently (you must check out the huge sale she’s having – 40% off everything until 12/31), I discovered The Sitting Room located in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.

The Sitting Room {chart crush}
Upon closer inspection of the beautiful room Vanessa posted of Heather’s shop (which doubles as her home), I noticed a gorgeous vintage-inspired map over the dreamy apple green velvet sofa (also for sale, $3,610). See it? Oh yes…

The Sitting Room {chart crush}
And of course you recall these posts about Deyrolle and Jung-Koch-Quentell? So you know about my fascination with these things and that they’ve held my attention for nine whole months, so that means I really like them. Of course, I had to learn more about the chart hanging so nicely there above that sofa, so I wrote to Heather to get the scoop on it and discovered that she carries more – they sell for around $75 USD each.

Please contact Heather via email (heather AT thesittingroomhome DOT com) for dimensions, shipping, and etc. She carries several botanical charts in addition to the maps and more are expected to arrive in her shop soon, so please contact her if you’re interested in adding a chart to your home. Oh-la-la~!

(images from the sitting room)

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

• Reply Anonymous December 4, 2007 at 8:04 pm

I LOVE charts/maps too! I have been interested in them for some time now. I found a great one at a local retro/antique store – a HUGE 1960s map of N.C. (where I live). It was from a nearby school and only cost $20 bucks. You never know where you can find them – but even at $75 they are a steal. I have seen them for $1000 and up. You must get one!

• Reply Diana December 4, 2007 at 8:48 pm

I love that orchid botanical chart!

Great blog – it’s been fun to read, especially about goings-on in my home turf (Providence area)!

• Reply Anonymous December 4, 2007 at 9:15 pm

Where does one find the poster hangers? I know I have seen them silver before?

Any ideas?

• Reply decor8 December 4, 2007 at 9:20 pm

Anon – Rare Device has them:

• Reply ortolan December 5, 2007 at 1:20 pm

I recently added several amazing vintage anatomical charts to the new store I opened on etsy a couple of weeks ago. I am always on the lookout for vintage maps and charts, in addition to other great vintage finds. So please check it out. I will be adding much more. The store is called Ortolan.
    Thanks

• Reply muse December 5, 2007 at 8:17 pm

Thanks so much for mentioning me in the Deyrolle post. Also, Hageman in Germany has a new website where you can download the catalogue in English, French and Spanish and order online I think! Here’s the address:

Click on “international” for other language options (including English).

The posters are about $20 ($16) euros without the wall mounts and $50 with them. I prefer them unmounted because then I can frame them myself!

• Reply Lori Andrews December 8, 2007 at 5:29 am