Baby + Kids Shops Online {part two}

Here’s the second part of our baby + kids shop round-up. This time, I’ve included additional resources like some of my favorite bloggers and some Canadian shops thanks to a helpful reader up north.

Craftsbury Kids offers a lovely selection of items that are made by hand. It’s a great stop on the web for products that are unique and delightful.

Carina Schott is the lady behind Nonchalant Mom, an online shop that carries fun finds for kids to pad their nest or to dress them in darling threads. I lurk here often, the products she carries from Japan, Sweden, and beyond are stunning. Names like Kragh Rosenberg (she even carries Rosenberg clothing for adults, I want this dress), John Robshaw, Jobs Boden, etc. The shop also has a blog authored by Carina, and a line of clothing she designs. Is this not the coolest site for parents?

Cute-Ture is another fabulous kids store, I especially like all their Franck & Fischer things and their fabric banners. Everyone loves fabric banners!

Romp stocks everything from decole mushrooms to pink rocking chairs, and just so happens to be one of the first stores in the U.S. to carry the wallpaper menagerie from Dutch designer Inke Heiland. The wallpaper tree will always be a favorite of mine and is beautiful in person.

It’s hard to resist bedding from Boodalee. Their city collection is perfect for little boys.

Spunky Sprout is on fire, they’ve been featured all over lately and for good reason, their selection is hard to beat stocking items you can’t find just anywhere else like the P?kolino Clothes Tree. And have you seen the Eva foam chair & table set? It’s comfortable, safe, lightweight, durable, strong and washable – in other words, totally kid friendly.

Mirror Mirror recently expanded their shop to include a kid’s section, one that they plan to grow out in the new year. And they have Miffy! Isn’t this ceramic wall hook the best?

Reader Lisa Zuraw from Sweet Beets wrote in this morning after seeing my first round up with several shop tips for those based in Canada. Thanks, Lisa! Enfant Terrible is one she suggested, along with a few more listed below. Enfant Terrible carries the cutest Tamar Mogendorff bird cage and bird house I’ve ever seen. And Donna Wilson dolls, aw these are darling. And like Romp, they stock the Inke wallpaper decals for those of you interested up in Canada in this product. More finds from Lisa: InquisitiveKid, Baby Oh My (Natural and Eco products), Modern Baby Barn, Modern Kid and Style Kid. Great finds, Lisa!

And how can I write about kids without mentioning Mahar Drygoods? This shop is beautiful, every parent needs to dive into this online treasure chest filled with handmade goods from all over the world. And the site is gorgeous, too. These figure skates for baby and the Lisa Congdon bibs are my faves. Lisa is such a great lady, her talent runneth over.

Here are some additional links to keep you busy. I’ll update this post to include new ones if you don’t see your favorite kid’s shop here. Just send me an email or comment below with the link.

Design Public (baby + kids)
2Modern (kids + baby)
Sparkability

Pottery Barn Kids
Modern Tots
Modern Seed
Mini Jake Kids
Modern Mini
Modern Nursery
Yoya
Elsewares (kids)
Land of Nod
Genius Jones
Shabby Chic (baby)

Blogs: Daysitter, Mod*Mom, Apartment Therapy Ohdeedoh, Coochicoos, Boston Mamas, and Design Mom.

Update: Just launched: A new blog on the block called Bloesem Kids. Congrats Irene!

Did I miss your favorite? Let me know by commenting below please. :)

Related: Baby + Kids Shops Online: Part One.

(images above provide by stores linked in this post.)

Posted by decor8 in kids, round-up on December 21, 2007

1. sweetbeets commented
    December 21st, 2007 at 8:14pm

Just thought I’d also mention http://www.honey-bunch.com and say thanks for including my list for your Canadian readers! Lisa

2. http://pozzynette.canalblog.com commented
    December 21st, 2007 at 9:07pm

great !!!

thanks a lot for all these adress… I hope some of them could deliver in France…

3. Mommy.TV commented
    December 22nd, 2007 at 3:59am

Not an online store… but a great place to hear about products directly from the inventors and manufacturers (www.mommy.tv)… more of an online baby show.

4. s a n s k u :) commented
    December 24th, 2007 at 6:45pm

I love your blog! I always find something I like here. Thanx for all the kids’ stuff! Gotta love kids’ stuff. :)

Merry Christmas and wishing you love and all the other good stuff for the year 2008!

5. Gisele Jaquenod commented
    December 25th, 2007 at 5:39am

Some amazing finds here!!! :D Awesome :D and Merry Christmas to you!! thanks for keeping the awesome readings in this beautiful blog :D

6. Jessica commented
    December 26th, 2007 at 4:46pm

Which store is the train from in the first set of photos? Love the mountain! Thanks.

7. decor8 commented
    December 26th, 2007 at 5:02pm

Hi Jessica!
    It’s from http://www.craftsburykids.com/

Hope you are well! Thanks for stopping by.

Holly

8. Design Scouting commented
    December 28th, 2007 at 1:18am

All of these make me want to have babies!

9. mod*mom commented
    December 30th, 2007 at 3:11am

thank you for including my blog in your beautiful post holly :)

10. bloesem commented
    January 2nd, 2008 at 2:47am

Happy New Year to you dear Holly and your beautiful blog Decor8! Thank for mentioning B:Kids in this great post!

11. Anonymous commented
    January 2nd, 2008 at 10:08pm

These sites make wonderful window shopping. But as so often happens when looking in modern design shops, I am aghast at the prices. What is it about modern design (whether for kids or adults) that demands such high prices? Is it supply and demand? Elitism? As a big fan of modern design, this is the kind of thing that makes me question my aesthetic choices,not to mention my career (although, seriously, can anything justify a $350 bouncer?). Why is living on the modern edge is so expensive? Anyone?

12. Courtney commented
    January 3rd, 2008 at 6:24pm

Whoa, my head is spinning! These items are beyond beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

13. Anonymous commented
    March 7th, 2008 at 8:52am

Great collection of kids accessories..

14. Amy Nieto commented
    October 24th, 2008 at 11:03pm

Is it wrong to want about 75% of these items for yourself? If you’re 26? No, yes? :P

15. Kristen commented
    November 13th, 2008 at 11:22pm

Such a good list! I just thought I’d mention my shop for older boys and girls, who deserve good design too. We’re on the ground in Los Angeles, and online at http://www.juvieshop.com. Thanks!