Julia Rothman Pillows {urban outfitters}

I have to share this great budget find from Urban Outfitters that I picked up over the weekend, it’s the Rabbit pillow designed by Julia Rothman for UO. I’ve known about her pillows since she mentioned them on her site but I didn’t want to blog them until I saw them in person as it’s hard to judge quality on the web sometimes with certain stores. UO is a great shop, but they can be somewhat inconsistent at times when it comes to quality just like any other big box retailer. Well my in-store pillow test turned into a cha-ching! sale and now the pillow is home with me. It’s a great 18″ square covered in a soft linen, plus you can zip off the cover to wash it and the insert is feather filled so it’s so soft and squishy.

I prefer feather or down blend insert over synthetic polyfill because they appear more casual and less stiff and are so much more comfortable to lean against. To find a pillow like this for only $24 for both the cover and insert is unheard of these days. There’s also a Mountain Goat and another in perky stem green with lots of trees. I love that the back of each pillow has her tag on it – such a great touch!

Yay to Julia for getting cozy with UO and for bringing good design to the masses without the hefty price tag.

(images top: from holly becker for decor8, bottom: from urban outfitters)

Posted by decor8 in shopping, textiles on January 09, 2008

1. Anna at D16 commented
    January 9th, 2008 at 6:11pm

I’m so glad to see this post from you, because I’ve been coveting one of these pillows but have been holding off for the same reason you mentioned, UO’s dodgy quality issues. Now that I know they look and feel good (and have a down insert!), I’ll definitely be placing an order. Thanks! :)

2. julia commented
    January 9th, 2008 at 8:23pm

Thanks Holly! I’m glad you got one. I like the rabbit one best too. xojulia

3. Angie & Tyson from Headquarters commented
    January 9th, 2008 at 8:25pm

I’ve sworn off UO due to some personal ethical reasons (although I don’t want to get into it here). But I think in this one instance I will break my abstinence, since they are so outwardly supporting this artist, whose work I truly love. It’s the grey with goat for me!

4. Flora commented
    January 9th, 2008 at 8:27pm

cute texile designs. thanks for sharing! greets *flora @ florasbox.blogspot.com

5. Lolita commented
    January 10th, 2008 at 5:01am

I love that rabbit pillow. Tried to order a couple but UO dont include Australia in the mail order. What does a girl now? Lolita