Welcome Vanessa De Vargas of Turquoise!

I’m happy to announce that Vanessa De Vargas of Turquoise will be dropping as our West Coast Correspondent contributing a post or two each week! Vanessa was blogging for our friends over at AT-LA for the last two years but with her being such a busy lady between client work, her new retail store (she moved!), and maintaining her own blog, she decided to reduce her online time so that she can continue to grow and expand her design practice and store in Los Angeles. Since Apartment Therapy is looking for daily bloggers, she decided to come over to decor8 and hang out with us for awhile on a very part-time basis. You can look out for 1-2 posts authored by her that will appear weekly on Fridays in addition to my own. Welcome, Vanessa!

Here’s an ad campaign that she appeared in for retail giant IKEA last year.

A few beautiful rooms that Vanessa designed (above).

To read an interview that I had with Vanessa in 2006 click here.

What would you like to see? Below I’ve listed some topics that Vanessa suggested covering. Your input will help us to ensure that what she writes you will both enjoy and benefit from. What would you like to see/not see?

* Tours of new stores and showrooms in LA
* Highlight store openings and events in LA
* Interview the design tastemakers of Los Angeles
* Showcase her firms interior design projects that will include “where to find it” detailed information.

What interests you?

(images from vanessa de vargas)

Posted by decor8 in guest bloggers on January 18, 2008

1. mcaplan commented
    January 18th, 2008 at 4:16pm

This is great! What a fantastic idea! I stopped by Vanessas new space last week, and it is very cool! You would love it Holly!

2. Anonymous commented
    January 18th, 2008 at 5:19pm

I just moved to LA and I couldn’t ask for a better guide!

3. Donna commented
    January 18th, 2008 at 5:39pm

Oh, excellent! I switched to reading decor8 on a regular basis recently because as much as I loved Apartment Therapy… the sheer volume was too much (and then when I read that they were looking for more… yikes! Forget it, I’ve got a day job!)

Happy to hear that some of the stuff I loved about AT will be here too. :)

4. SF commented
    January 18th, 2008 at 5:51pm

Wonderful–I’d like to see her post on her interior design projects and would appreciate “where to find it” detailed, esp with links to items available on the internet vs items just found in LA.
    I love her style!
    Susan

5. Turquoise commented
    January 18th, 2008 at 6:32pm

Hello Everyone,
    I am super duper excited to be working with Holly and promise to post some wonderful new content to the blog.

I will focus on new design stores
    and showrooms, post events and openings, highlight some of my design projects, as well as interviews from some of the best interior designers in LA!

We would also love to hear your thoughts of what else you would like to see. Don’t be shy – speak up!

And thank you Holly for my warm welcome, I already feel right at home!

Vanessa

6. Anonymous commented
    January 18th, 2008 at 11:06pm

I second the comments of SF. Showcasing only stores, galleries, and style guides in LA would be awfully frustrating for anyone not living there, and wouldn’t be true to the spirit of a “West Coast” contributor. That said, I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

7. annechovie commented
    January 19th, 2008 at 5:28am

What a great partnership! I look forward to Vanessa’s posts.

8. Courtney commented
    January 19th, 2008 at 2:59pm

I’d love to see showcases of of her design projects. Very inpsiring for those of us who aren’t lucky enough to be in or near LA!

9. Maryam in Marrakesh commented
    January 21st, 2008 at 2:38pm

I vote for design projects, too! Living in Marrakech, I am afraid that LA store openings, etc. don’t do much for me and I would love to see some of Vanessa’s personal how tos.

10. Melissa commented
    January 23rd, 2008 at 9:20pm

I’m such a fan of Vanessa’s work- I’m excited to see her new posts- thanks to both of you!

I would love to see some posts with guidelines on pulling together all the unique styles she blends so well. And with all her wonderful furniture rehab projects, I think some before/after photos and tips on taking these projects on would be so helpful!

Thanks!