Fontaine Anderson Illustration

Australian blogger Modamuse unearthed a real treasure when she recently blogged about 25-year-old artist Fontaine Anderson so I had to share her illustrative work here on decor8. Fontaine is a freelance graphic designer and illustrator based in South Australia.

According to her bio she is, “Inspired by her dreams, Japanese textiles, Egyptian gods, 1980?s clip art, fashion and music.” Her inspirations are clearly visible in her work, a fluid dance of pattern and color with intricate details and obvious Egyptian influences woven into what almost looks like patchwork, a gorgeous quilt. If I had a gallery, I’d be contacting Fontaine immediately as her work is one I’d most definitely show with great pride. Soft, feminine, flowing… And the colors! I’m smitten.

If you’d like to know about purchasing work from her or if prints are available, please send an email directly to Fontaine: fontaine {at} fontaineillustration.com

(images from fontaine anderson)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on January 23, 2008

1. pen and paper commented
    January 23rd, 2008 at 7:02am

The colors, indeed! And the linework! I’m practically drooling.

2. Cicada Studio commented
    January 23rd, 2008 at 3:41pm

Stunning imagination.

3. C C Belle Maison commented
    January 23rd, 2008 at 3:56pm

Hi,
    I found your blog from a google search…love it by the way. I came across the Hagemann botanical charts that you blogged about last year. I found the website and plan on ordering. Wanted to know if you or anyone you knew ordered from them and what was the cost and shipping and all that fun stuff? I would love your feedback.

4. DecorKJG commented
    January 23rd, 2008 at 6:23pm

I love the colors that are used!!!

5. freshpinkstyle commented
    January 23rd, 2008 at 7:45pm

very fun!

6. AnastasiaC commented
    January 24th, 2008 at 11:29pm

beautiful detail…i love the colour combinations too!

7. http://vitorfreitas.wordpress.com/2008/02/28/ilustracoes-de-fontaine-anderson/ commented
    February 28th, 2008 at 12:39pm