Inspiration, Small Business

Blogger House Party

January 31, 2008

Now this is a pretty office! Ez was out there reading decor8 yesterday and after seeing my yellow living room/reading nook, she decided to create an office in our virtual house. Any other bloggers want to get involved and create a kitchen, bathroom, master bedroom, guest bedroom, or an entryway off of the same theme – yellow and pretty pastels? Here’s the house we’re building so far. :)

Blogger House Party Office by Ez of Creature Comforts.

Blogger House Party Pretty little living room by me. :)

Anyone want to try a room? Maybe we can pull together an entire house like this, one blogger at a time. I’ve been looking for some creative online exercises to do lately with my fellow bloggers and this would be a fun project to collaborate on. Perhaps I should just nominate others or else some may feel to shy to get involved? Okay then, I challenge Joy to pull together the bedroom, Irene — a kid’s room, Susan — the kitchen, and Victoria to design a bathroom complete with a vintage clawfoot tub. Can Danielle pull together a guest bedroom? And I’d like to see Nicole put together a fancy patio space. Wouldn’t this be a fun project to do once a month in blogland? Hmmm….

[update: I just emailed my blogger friends so let’s see if they have the time to do this. For fun, I sent them a little bio about our virtual client. Home owner: Young single mother (cookbook author) with a son living in a 18th century Georgian townhouse in Savannah Georgia approx. 2000 sq ft., 2 floors, 3 bedrooms (one is an office), and a large patio off of the kitchen. She loves to entertain, enjoys pastels and Swedish decor, decorating on somewhat of a budget but she can splurge on one expensive item per room. Loves pattern and feminine touches but can’t deal with too much clutter.]

(images from ez and holly)

You Might Also Like

36 Comments

• Reply Making it Lovely January 31, 2008 at 9:08 pm

Eeee! Too fun! Of course I’m in. :)

• Reply annechovie January 31, 2008 at 9:22 pm

Oh, I love your virtual living room, Holly! So fresh and cheery – perfect!

• Reply Molly January 31, 2008 at 9:37 pm

oooh, I want to move in already!

• Reply mcaplan January 31, 2008 at 9:55 pm

you crack me up! Cant wait to see what all of you amazing designers come up with!!

• Reply design for mankind. January 31, 2008 at 10:13 pm

OMG OMG OMG I want to play! I want to play! Can I design a craft room? The garage? The doghouse?

ANYTHING! :)

• Reply AphroChic February 1, 2008 at 12:26 am

Ohhh! This sounds so fun! I’m not one of the shy bloggers out there. Could I create a room for the breakfast nook? I know it wasn’t included, but a house that big has to have a breakfeast nook.

• Reply Summer February 1, 2008 at 12:26 am

So I decided to go ahead and contribute to this since it seemed so fun! Yellow and white is one of my favorite color combinations.

Mine:
    a pretty little kitchen

And the post:
    pretty pastels

Thanks for doing this Holly!

• Reply decor8 February 1, 2008 at 2:12 am

design for mankind – alright, you do a craft room. :)

aphrochic – you get your breakfast nook, go for it. :)

summer – o.m.g. great stuff. So the house will have two different kitchens, yours and Susan Serra’s kitchen. I’ll post the complete house when we’re done.

Making it Lovely – Can’t wait to see your patio, you real life one in Chicago is super pretty so I figured you’d be the girl for the job.

If anyone else wants to join in, please do – I don’t want to exclude anyone!

xo
    Holly

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente February 1, 2008 at 3:26 am

How fun!
    I just want to move in when it is all done, can’t it be in New Jersey? :)
    xo
    Melissa

• Reply Rob @ I Love Substance February 1, 2008 at 4:42 am

Count me in.

• Reply paola February 1, 2008 at 7:33 am

The ‘client’s’ son better be super grown up if you’re giving them a white sofa without washable covers… ;)

(Just putting my ‘mother of a three year hat on here…)

• Reply moline February 1, 2008 at 11:08 am

that is a wonderful idea! Can’t wait! Need some yellow inspiration for a dark hallway space here in rainy Lueneburg. Saw the Martha-Stewart-cover and decided to give my kitchen a new colour via acessories every month. (Won’t buy a new kitchen aid though, happy to have the cream one ;) )
    Now off to mama Rosa for lunch with Moritz. Maybe I take the new girl, too.
    Hugs, Yvonne

• Reply decor8 February 1, 2008 at 2:19 pm

Paola,
    He’s 9 — he’s a good boy. :)

• Reply Debbie Miller February 1, 2008 at 2:40 pm

holly, i love this. how do you make the inspiration boards. i want to make on for my own home ideas. thanks

• Reply haile February 1, 2008 at 4:00 pm

I want to play! Here’s my dining room:

• Reply pecanpie February 1, 2008 at 4:02 pm

I want to play!
    Here’s her dining room:

• Reply susan February 1, 2008 at 6:05 pm

Hey, the opportunity to work for a virtual client? Hmmmm…that means virtual money from the virtual client too, I suppose. ;) Nonetheless, I’m playing!

• Reply liquid paper February 1, 2008 at 6:51 pm

ack! i love this idea holly. i see a flicker group in the future? ha, it’s probably already created, isn’t it? ;)

• Reply Anonymous February 1, 2008 at 7:24 pm

Where is the rug from, please?

Thank you.

• Reply decor8 February 1, 2008 at 7:38 pm

liquid paper — I’m happy you like it. It’s fun to play sometimes. :)

anon — it’s the coqo floral rug from anthropologie.com in yellow.

• Reply AphroChic February 1, 2008 at 8:21 pm

The breakfast nook is done. You can view it here:

Thank you Holly! This was so much fun!

• Reply design for mankind. February 2, 2008 at 1:43 am

WOO HOOOOOO— I’m SO on it. :)

• Reply Jennifer at Design Hole February 2, 2008 at 4:57 pm

This is indeed a fun idea. Can I contribute to next month’s house? How about a beach house? Give a room, any room!

• Reply Anonymous February 3, 2008 at 12:30 am

Hi! I love this blog. I work as a professional interior designer (corporate and commercial) and I log on here every once in a while for creative inspiration…I know its just for fun but I have to say – this client is a bit unrealistic. I am a single mother and…sigh…I would never be able to afford a Georgian townhome…and guess how many “expensive” items I can afford to splurge on per room? None!

• Reply decor8 February 3, 2008 at 4:15 am

Hi Anon! Thank you for saying hello. Oh this is just a fun little virtual client, nothing real life. Although I do know some single moms who raise their children quite well on their own and have beautiful homes so I think it CAN happen but I know what you mean, it’s not common. This is just meant for fun — trust me — don’t take it too seriously. :)

• Reply SimplyGrove February 3, 2008 at 8:00 pm

Such a great idea!!!! I want to do a virtual room the next time around!!

• Reply reclaimingmisshavisham February 4, 2008 at 11:44 pm

I’m a new kid in town but I did a dining room just for fun (not to disrespect the fabulous room by haile)

• Reply JLC Studio February 5, 2008 at 12:36 am

This is soo cute! It’s making me wish for spring!! Next time I want in :).

• Reply Sam February 5, 2008 at 9:43 pm

Hello – this is a adorable and such a great idea! I love the (chinese?) paper lanterns – could you tell me where they’re from? Thanks!

• Reply JLC Studio February 6, 2008 at 8:47 pm

Okay, I couldn’t resist! I tried my hand at a Master Bedroom (not to step on anyone’s toes)…hope you like it!! I had so much fun with this, thanks Holly!

• Reply Anonymous February 6, 2008 at 11:40 pm

Can you tell us how you all make the inspiration boards?

• Reply Jennifer in ATL February 7, 2008 at 5:30 pm

Where is the yellow/white fabric from?
    Thanks!!

• Reply perfect bound February 8, 2008 at 8:46 pm

I couldn’t resist either. I think this busy mom needs a pretty vanity tucked inside her bedroom. My one splurge was an Opal lamp from Jayson Home & Garden. Check it out here: http://perfectbound.blogspot.com/2008/02/yellow-all-around-house.html

• Reply WakeUp~Reese~ February 11, 2008 at 5:37 pm

This is such a fun idea. I am going to adapt this to use in my interior design class. Could you give me some suggestions as to where to go for pictures? Thanks. Reese

• Reply Anonymous February 13, 2008 at 8:34 am

Oh, please, please! Where are the paper lanterns from??

(on my knees)