Inspiration: A Monthly e-Zine

Blogger Erin Loechner from Design for Mankind sent me her new e-zine today called Inspiration (yay!) and I really like it – nice work Erin! It’s a glance into the inspiration boards of others and I’d love to share it with you so you can download the free 20-page PDF file and read what inspires some of her creative lady friends. I spotted many decor8 images in her newsletter from the various inspiration board contests I’ve held here, it was exciting to see some decor8 readers part of Erin’s piece – not just bloggers and designers but also lots of really creative types that are a bit harder to find on the web. Such a refreshing body of work. Yay!

I hope this is the start of many more e-zines from bloggers, I think newsletters and e-zines are the best!

And speaking of past decor8 contests, I’ve been working with Amy Butler for the past few weeks on an amazing contest she’ll be sponsoring on decor8 in the Spring and again, the focus will be on inspiration and mood boards just like last time only with a twist. You’ll have to wait until April to learn more as many details need to be ironed out, but Amy and I can’t wait to get the contest rolling. You’ll love the prizes. Maybe I can work with Erin to get our 5 winners posted in her May issue of Inspiration. Hmmmm….

(images from various contributors to erin’s newsletter, all credited in Inspiration.)

Posted by decor8 in blogs, inspiration on January 31, 2008

1. LolaBloom commented
    January 31st, 2008 at 9:24pm

Absolutely amazing! Love it!

2. design for mankind. commented
    January 31st, 2008 at 10:11pm

Aww, thank you for this sweet write-up. And DUH, anything for my favorite blog. When May rolls around, you will be Queen of the Zine! ;)

3. DecorKJG commented
    January 31st, 2008 at 11:30pm

I absolutely love this blog! It alone is an inspiration. Thank you Holly for starting it and putting on the most incredible articles and posts!
    I have started a blog mainly for my friends and family cause they keep bugging me to. Its http://simplygrove.blogspot.com/ and i am trying to encourage great style and design on a local level here in my hometown of Boise. I also will eventually put pictures up of my house and houses aound this area that are fabulous. Thank you for inspiring me!!!

4. angeliaa commented
    February 1st, 2008 at 3:52am

It is so nice to see the lovely zine, and thanks for highlighting it on you blog. And I confess that one of my boards is included.

5. AnastasiaC commented
    February 1st, 2008 at 11:14pm

such a great zine…Erin included one of mine (that you’ve also featured here)…i had fun creating this for your Fabulous stationery competition…looking forward to more fun comps!!