Etsy Faves

Something’s Hiding In Here

February 14, 2008

I stumbled upon etsy shop Something’s Hiding In Here via Rena on Flickr recently, I’d not heard of them before so it was fun to find them — super creative, love the color palette, sweet packaging, their designs rock. The package design in particular is so very clever — notice the wooden acorn charms on a paint swatch. Hello! {two snaps} Cuteness squared.

Somethings Hiding In HereSomethings Hiding In Here A photo of their workspace, so neat and lovely! Those little animals are by Fern and the drawers look just like mine, the ALEX drawers from IKEA, I own a set of 3 in my art/craft room and I love them.

Something’s Hiding In Here has a blog, too. Here’s the link. I’ve been searching around trying to find out their names and background but I’ve been a bit unsuccessful because my time on the web today is very limited — I need to sign off for awhile. I think it’s a couple from Philly but I can’t be sure. Do you know? Whoever they are, they are ultra crafty for sure so please give me a hand here because I’d love to name the creators behind so much greatness. :)

I’m on my way out now, but I’ll be back later on…

(images from something’s hiding in here)

• Reply nydampress February 14, 2008 at 7:59 pm

I too am a fan of their artwork. Their names are Shauna and Stephen and I do believe they hail from Philadelphia.
    But I’m afraid that’s all I know. I love everything they create. Their designs make my heart sing.

• Reply Anonymous February 14, 2008 at 8:31 pm

Shauna Alterio and Stephen Loidolt

• Reply Sarah February 14, 2008 at 8:33 pm

Shauna Alterio and Stephen Loidolt I think! I bought some of the wishbones for friends of mine as a wedding gift! So sweet!

• Reply S.H.inH. February 14, 2008 at 8:41 pm

hi decor8. We are big fans of your blog & were so excited to see your post today… about us!

nydampress is right… we are shauna and stephen, and we live in philadelphia. we love to make things and are inspired by making gifts that we would like to give and receive.

tell us what else you would like to know. thanks again for your post… it is the best valentine’s treat.

• Reply whoa February 14, 2008 at 10:30 pm

{two snaps} Cuteness squared

Where did you come up with that? It made me spit my juice out. Is that how they talk in your area?

• Reply Elizabeth February 14, 2008 at 11:50 pm

Where did you get the white peg board?! Have been looking everywhere! Thanks!

• Reply Anonymous February 15, 2008 at 12:09 am

Indeed, neat and lovely, you say it. And I am wishing you Holly a very happy and serene “San Valentine”-day = Buon San Valentino = Sankt Valentins Tag !
    B. Angelika

• Reply decor8 February 15, 2008 at 2:33 am

B. Angelika- Thank you so much, it’s nice to have a reader here from Germany!! :)

elizabeth — not sure where they got it but I wrote down a source for them recently, I’ll look for it and let you know in a moment.

whoa – he he. No, it’s not how people talk in New Hampshire. In fact, I am not really sure if anyone talks like me because I’m not really your average New Hampshire girl (not from here).

• Reply Cher Ami February 15, 2008 at 1:49 pm

thanks for the link, they have great stuff!

• Reply Whatever Dee-Dee wants February 15, 2008 at 5:53 pm

I love their wooden mustaches. What will they come up with next?

• Reply LINDSAY February 15, 2008 at 6:05 pm

love those alex drawers, I too will have those when we have studio space!

• Reply M. Patrizio February 19, 2008 at 5:22 am

I was lucky enough to be sitting diagonally across from them at Renegade last summer so I got a chance to drool over their display the whole time. Very talented kids! Definitely worth 2 snaps and a cuteness squared.