Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

I can’t wait to show you a few of my favorite Etsy stores for this week. If you’ve missed previous Take Five Tuesdays please click here to catch up on your reading. This week, it’s all about paper, felt, paint, and a dash of fabric. Oh wait, that’s pretty much every week! :) Hope you like these finds, I had fun pulling them together.

Kiki & Polly. What a beautiful shop this is! The artist, Lisa Golightly (love her last name) is based in Portland, OR and has such a soft, delicate touch to her work, I’m so fond of it. She also does custom paintings of children in a style very similar to Claudine Hellmuth, another artist I love. Fabulous work, Lisa! Can I order one of everything?

SanFran67. Helen Musselwhite is based in the UK and does some wonderful things with a scalpel and paper! Everything in her shop is original and handmade, oh and did I mention affordable? Helen is such a creative inspiration. I must highlight how greatly I appreciate her efforts in showing the work in an actual space. I can’t stress how important this is for sellers, it really makes a difference in sales. Helen, great job.

Reyart. Handfelted birch bark bowls and pebbles, paintings, brooches, necklaces… Reya, a self-taught artist living in the Netherlands, clearly has talent and a great sense of style. Her items sell out quickly though, so if you see something you like, grab it or better yet, add her store to your RSS feed. Great tip for any etsy store you’d like to stalk on a regular basis. :)

Three words for ya. The Mincing Mockingbird. What can I say? This guy is genius. I love his work, it cracks me up. You have to at least visit his shop and buy a magnet or two even if you don’t need one of his fabulous bird portraits. Some of these are too funny. For reals.

Modiste Me. This shop features a delightful mix of of handmade items created by Canadian Julie Scott. “Modiste” is French for a “seamstress” or “dressmaker” and as Julie puts it, “It reflects both my French heritage and my creative pursuits”. Great work, Julie!

(images above linked in this post)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, etsy, Etsy Take 5 Tuesday, walls on February 27, 2008

1. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    February 27th, 2008 at 4:15am

Oh…I love all of these artists. I will say, having purchased a beautiful piece from Helen Musselwhite, she is lovely to buy from and very sweet. Thank you for finding new wonderful etsy folk for us.
    xo
    Melissa

2. orange you lucky! commented
    February 27th, 2008 at 4:26am

The colored stones are so neat! Is that a necklace? That would be an amazing statement to wear.

3. claudine hellmuth commented
    February 27th, 2008 at 5:27am

thank you for the sweet mention! i always love your Etsy finds (but my wallet doesn’t!)

4. Cindy commented
    February 27th, 2008 at 1:55pm

I loved these artist!
    Thanks for posting them.
    Cindy

5. Anatomy of a Skirt commented
    February 27th, 2008 at 2:33pm

ModisteMe does fabulous work! I have both a doll and one of her owl peices, and the workmanship on them are fabulous!

6. Krista commented
    February 27th, 2008 at 3:27pm

Thank you, thank you for showing me the Mincing Mocking bird. This gorgeous/hilarious art is perfect for my bird obsessed family!

7. jen commented
    February 27th, 2008 at 4:18pm

love, love, love reya’s work!! so wonderful to see her featured!

8. Niamh commented
    February 27th, 2008 at 4:44pm

Wow Luv all of these! Good finds decor8! My wallet will definitley take a hit after seeing these beauties! Oh well. Thanks for the links your an endless source of inspiration : )

9. Alia commented
    February 27th, 2008 at 6:10pm

I checked out Helen’s etsy page and I am so intrigued by all her work. It looks flat in the images but when you go close up, there is a lot of detail and 3-dimension! LOVE IT!! Great find!

10. Julie commented
    February 27th, 2008 at 7:01pm

Thanks for including me in this week’s Etsy Take Five Tuesday, Holly!

11. nice-etc commented
    February 28th, 2008 at 6:17am

Hey Holly, I replied to your comment on my blog..then i saw you left a comment on Ez’s Creature Comforts and thought I’d stop back over here to make sure you got my reply haha. I didn’t see your mention of rss feeding here! I do subscribe to your blog and read it every day though, so i wonder if you actually put the idea in my subconscious?? haha i don’t always take the time to read all of the posts, but skimming could have still planted it in my brain somewhere!

how long have you known about it? I tried today to search through Etsy to see when they introduced that option but had no luck. I feel like it has changed my life! ;)
    Thanks again for stopping by my blog! A wonderful surprise <3
    -Caitlin

12. decor8 commented
    February 28th, 2008 at 12:07pm

Hi Caitlin!
    I’ve known about it since at least last summer as I use it to find some of the latest from stores I regularly shop that sell out fast. :) It’s a really great feature. I found it very useful for when I pull together my take 5 tuesdays.
    xo
    Holly

13. nice-etc commented
    February 28th, 2008 at 6:35pm

haha wow. and i have an etsy shop of my own and it never phased me! oh well, i’m on the wagon now! <3

14. Design Addict commented
    March 1st, 2008 at 8:45pm

I love the work of the Mincing Mockingbird and just bought this print: http://images.etsy.com/all_images/6/663/b2e/il_fullxfull.18728796.jpg

I can’t wait to get it and put it in one of my empty frames! I also LOVE the felted pebbles and am thinking about purchasing a handful of those :)