Project Runway {and the winner is…}

I can’t close up shop today without quickly mentioning tonight’s fierce finale of Project Runway. Though most complained that contestants were far too nice, this season showed us the best talent and that maintaining professionalism (for the most part) and showing personal interest in others, some designers even helping their competitors, shows strength not weakness. This batch of designers proved themselves to be quite secure in their craft, though a few doubted themselves and allowed the “production” of it all to cloud their better judgment. I felt an authentic group of designers this season who successfully translated their personal style into their projects despite the many curve balls thrown.

The moment Christian, Rami, Chris, and Jillian met up after months of being apart, I felt a positive energy that was motivating and inspiring. Let’s hear it for more fashion, less trashin’, and a dose of positivity and professionalism. I’m tired of seeing all this hate flying around on reality shows because bad behavior rarely produces anything good.

And how entertaining and crazy talented is Christian? Or what about the gifted detail-oriented Jillian? What about Rami and his gorgeous dresses? No matter who wins tonight, I hope that they’ve set a new bar for seasons to come — that “reality” doesn’t mean cold-hearted and rude in any industry. Here on the web amongst my blogger friends and fellow decorators, designers, and other creative types, this isn’t our reality. We each make progress by lending our support. There’s nothing wrong with that.

What about the final three? Any predictions? When it comes to manners, skill, detail, listening to clients, personal style, professionalism, and actual work experience (okay, everything) Jillian is a complete package and can win this. Then you have the unforgettable Christian, he’s one hot designer and a real crowd-pleaser so there’s an equally good chance he’ll take it. And the boy can out sew even the best of them. Rami is another strong talent. Either way, I see all three walking away with a bright career ahead of them, so at this point all three have won this one.

Anyone have any comments to leave about PR Season 4? Who do you think will win? Jillian, Christian, or Rami?

(image from bravo television)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration, small business on March 05, 2008

1. Peggy commented
    March 5th, 2008 at 11:11pm

I think Christian.

2. Jude commented
    March 5th, 2008 at 11:26pm

I think Christian might pull it off if fierce turns out to be the winning ingredient, but I completely agree with your comments about Jillian. I was sad to see Chris go, and his interviews on the last show were just so gracious. Can’t wait for 10:00!

3. Nidhi commented
    March 5th, 2008 at 11:29pm

Jillian creates some adorable and just girly enough clothes that I want to wear right away. And then, I also really want to see where Christian will go since he’s started so strong, so early, with his sharp and chic silhouettes. So exciting! Reality TV that actually makes sense… :)
    I like what you said about blog friends/designers supporting each other.

ps. I am a silent reader but a great admirer :)

4. Sharp Lily commented
    March 6th, 2008 at 12:07am

This has been by far my favorite season, if only because the talent has been unparalleled. I love Christian’s work, but I want Jillian in hopes she puts out a line asap :)

5. lisamarie commented
    March 6th, 2008 at 12:10am

I am rooting for Jillian. While I’ve really liked what Christian did during the show, the preview of his final collection just didn’t do it for me. But you really can’t tell until the runway show! I don’t even have a television, but I make sure to catch this show at friend’s houses or online.

6. OrenjiSlices commented
    March 6th, 2008 at 12:54am

I want Christian to win. He’s awesome. Jillian is okay for me.

7. decor8 commented
    March 6th, 2008 at 2:23am

I say Jillian but we’ll see!!

8. joe*to*hell commented
    March 6th, 2008 at 2:51am

christian is soooo annoying. he shoudl shut up for 5 minutes and let his work speak for itself. its all a bit too much. i mean, even for me!

9. paola commented
    March 6th, 2008 at 6:09am

This is my first season watching and it’s great! I’ve so enjoyed it.

Christian is going to win -though from what I’ve seen of his final collection online it’s all a bit repetitive. But the boy has mad skillz and it was so cute how proud he was of his tiny little closet space. I have no clue how he managed to produce such clothes in such a space. You should get him to write a guest blog about organising skills.

But I most fell in love with Chris March. Maybe not entirely his clothes though they were underrated (I couldn’t understand the ‘ick’ factor about the human hair – I bet both Nina and Heidi have had some sewn onto their HEADS on numerous occasions) but because I would really love to hang out with him in his friend’s OTT New York meets the Vatican palazzo apartment. He was just so damn funny and cuddly and I don’t really are who wins now.

10. Anonymous commented
    March 6th, 2008 at 7:47am

what happened, did i miss it? Bravo had some other show instead. I waited and waited to see if they were going to show the finally and nothing. Can someone please tell me.

11. paola commented
    March 6th, 2008 at 7:48am

Oh and another thing. Why oh why did Victoria flippin’ Beckham have to follow me here? One of the reasons I left the UK was to escape from her… And I’m not sure she’s that hot on fashion. Not so long ago she used to spend all her time dressed as an anorexic hooker…

Though Christian was so cute when she said she wanted one of his dresses…

12. lovely textiles commented
    March 6th, 2008 at 9:19am

I haven’t watched the programme, but just want to add – I second all that you’re saying about good manners and mutual support. Helping & encouraging is a big part of many designers lives – helping each other, students, beginners or people with special needs… all good stuff :-)

13. kelevra1 commented
    March 6th, 2008 at 11:57am

I knew that he was gonna win this project!!Really like his design by Christian. Newsday gets some private time with Christian Siriano. You can find here interesting interview with him.

14. Avi commented
    March 6th, 2008 at 2:58pm

I was more impressed with the first two seasons.

15. Joanna Goddard commented
    March 6th, 2008 at 4:13pm

i agree, they were all so nice, but i loved that. they seem wonderful. i find rami super attractive:) i LOVED the ending w/christian, though, when he was almost crying with nerves before they announced it. that was so heartfelt and lovely.

16. jane commented
    March 6th, 2008 at 4:47pm

Amen, holly, to less hating! I really loved this season. And when the final collections came down that runway—wow! I loved Jillian’s collection the most, but Christian is clearly brilliant, too. The finale was just spectacular. This season was my favorite, by far.

17. cupcake monkey commented
    March 6th, 2008 at 5:03pm

I think they were all very talented, but I am very pleased that Christian won! I even got a little teary-eyed at the end.

18. Moss commented
    March 6th, 2008 at 8:26pm

Of course all three are super talented and deserving of the win. I’m really glad Christian took it, since I’ve liked him from the very beginning. He’s sassy and everyone needs a good dose of that! He also has some major skills and it’s nice he received some recognition for that. I loved that in last show we saw a more human side to him…he wasn’t all mouth and sass. That made me like him even more!