Books + Magazines, Inspiration

Bazaar Style Sneak Peek

March 7, 2008

Yesterday a book arrived in the mail from publisher Ryland Peters & Small in New York that I think you may like to see… It’s called Bazaar Style or as I call it, Bohemian decor gone deliciously wild.

Bazaar Style Sneak Peek
Do you remember Selina Lake? Well she styled the rooms in this book. Photographer Debi Treloar is responsible for the beautiful photos, and FYI her work was featured today by Ez on Creature Comforts (Debi’s portfolio is jaw-dropping, great find Ez as always!). I interviewed Selina recently for decor8 and so to hold her book in my hands today is especially nice since I feel like I know the lady behind the photos making it so much more interesting and special to me.

Click on all images for larger view.

Bazaar Style Sneak PeekBazaar Style Sneak PeekBazaar Style Sneak PeekBazaar Style Sneak PeekBazaar Style Sneak PeekBazaar Style Sneak PeekBazaar Style Sneak PeekBazaar Style Sneak Peek
This book is a visual feast as you can see, not a single of its 144 pages lack a fully-saturated image. Writer Joanna Simmons gives some helpful tips along with Selina on combining different elements to pull together the boho look, so it’s not just pretty but informative. Last year my favorite book was Midwest Modern, this year it may just be Bazaar Style.

You can pre-order it on Amazon for $19 (sponsored link here) or wait until April to pick yours up at the bookstore. Enjoy!

(images taken of personal copy of Bazaar Style by Holly Becker for decor8.)

You Might Also Like

• Reply sara March 7, 2008 at 9:04 pm

love it!!!

• Reply Spoon&Tamago March 7, 2008 at 9:16 pm

wow… simply stunning images. I wish my house was that colorful!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente March 7, 2008 at 9:22 pm

I love these rooms…I am looking forward to picking up a copy in April.

• Reply OM home March 7, 2008 at 9:37 pm

I love bazaar style. I live bazaar style!

Can’t wait to get my hands on this book.

• Reply MELANIE March 7, 2008 at 9:38 pm

I love how the white walls really make the colors pop. Just gorgeous!

• Reply matirose March 7, 2008 at 9:40 pm

omg! i love this. just ordered a copy, thanks for the tip.

• Reply Jennifer Ramos March 7, 2008 at 11:21 pm

HOLLY, You should make a commission on this because i’m going to buy a copy and this is the 2nd book you had me buy from ur blog!!! LOVE IT Haha

Jen Ramos
    ‘100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards’

• Reply decor8 March 8, 2008 at 1:59 am

I’m so glad that you ladies like it, it’s a great book. And you know what? I do make a small amount of money when decor8 readers buy a book I suggest, that’s why I mention in the paragraph “sponsored link”, I earn 4% on sales. So for the book you purchased at $19 I earned .76 cents! But it’s good because at the end of the month it can add up to around $30 or so which is nice because then I can buy a book or a few cd’s and it’s kind of a nice treat. Though I do have to give about 30% of that to the government in April. :(

• Reply maejane March 8, 2008 at 8:29 pm

oh my, i would never leave that bathroom. that is the most glorious thing i’ve ever seen!!

• Reply Jennifer Ramos March 9, 2008 at 9:29 am

Oh cool ….!
    Hmm maybe i should join their program too….thats a thought…

Jen Ramos
    ‘100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards’

• Reply Melissa Lewis-Off The Wall March 9, 2008 at 4:24 pm

Holly, that’s too funny. I just sent an email out to my family of some books from Amazon I want for my bday in April. Now, I’m so gonna have to re-send with this book added to that list. This style is so, SO me. I am instantly inspired by the pictures.

Thanks for the post. I always know I can count on you for a good one:)

• Reply kaytet March 9, 2008 at 5:03 pm

wow! another book to add to the wishlist!
    totally stunning

• Reply Honeygo Beasley March 10, 2008 at 12:40 am

Fab, I definitely want a copy!

• Reply this chicken March 10, 2008 at 2:34 pm

What a beautiful, beautiful book! The pages are so inspiring. I don’t usually do this, but after reading your post, I found it on Amazon UK and bought it immediately!

Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention!

• Reply sweetjessie March 10, 2008 at 2:47 pm

I’ll have to order a copy, too – you always choose the most beautiful books, Holly!

• Reply LIBERTY POST EDITOR March 10, 2008 at 5:00 pm

Thank you so much for the preview. If I was a book my name would be ‘Bazaar Style’. I am swooning over the images. So much talent.

• Reply Anonymous March 18, 2008 at 4:17 pm

I’m happy to find the book I art directed on your blog! As the designer and one-third of the creative vision for this book along with Selina and Debi, it was a very inspiring project to work on. After all, it is the book design + layout that bring the photographs and bazaar style to life…

• Reply angeljoy April 13, 2008 at 12:31 am

I just received my copy of this book from my book club and I absolutely love it!
    My favorite so far is the photo of the patchwork wall with the two patchwork sofas.
    This book is fantastic!
    I’m so glad to FINALLY find a book that shows the styles I like!

• Reply Ez January 20, 2009 at 2:53 pm

The colors and textures just make my eyes so happy!
    Love it!

Ezs last blog post: La . La . Loving Lola

• Reply Laura at Emmy Lu January 21, 2009 at 11:09 am

What a visually stunning compilation of photos! I love the room with all the bright pink accents and the big letter “N” sitting on the window sill! I’m a big fan of using color to make a visual “pop” in a room, and this book looks like it’s choc full of such visual statements!

Laura at Emmy Lus last blog post: Crafty Girl {Linen Pinboard}

• Reply Jackie January 21, 2009 at 6:40 pm

Okay so I bought it couldnt help the easy shopping on amazon