Bazaar Style Sneak Peek

Yesterday a book arrived in the mail from publisher Ryland Peters & Small in New York that I think you may like to see… It’s called Bazaar Style or as I call it, Bohemian decor gone deliciously wild.

Do you remember Selina Lake? Well she styled the rooms in this book. Photographer Debi Treloar is responsible for the beautiful photos, and FYI her work was featured today by Ez on Creature Comforts (Debi’s portfolio is jaw-dropping, great find Ez as always!). I interviewed Selina recently for decor8 and so to hold her book in my hands today is especially nice since I feel like I know the lady behind the photos making it so much more interesting and special to me.

Click on all images for larger view.

This book is a visual feast as you can see, not a single of its 144 pages lack a fully-saturated image. Writer Joanna Simmons gives some helpful tips along with Selina on combining different elements to pull together the boho look, so it’s not just pretty but informative. Last year my favorite book was Midwest Modern, this year it may just be Bazaar Style.

You can pre-order it on Amazon for $19 (sponsored link here) or wait until April to pick yours up at the bookstore. Enjoy!

(images taken of personal copy of Bazaar Style by Holly Becker for decor8.)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines, inspiration on March 07, 2008

1. sara commented
    March 7th, 2008 at 9:04pm

love it!!!

2. Spoon&Tamago commented
    March 7th, 2008 at 9:16pm

wow… simply stunning images. I wish my house was that colorful!

3. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    March 7th, 2008 at 9:22pm

I love these rooms…I am looking forward to picking up a copy in April.
    xo
    Melissa

4. OM home commented
    March 7th, 2008 at 9:37pm

I love bazaar style. I live bazaar style!

Can’t wait to get my hands on this book.

5. MELANIE commented
    March 7th, 2008 at 9:38pm

I love how the white walls really make the colors pop. Just gorgeous!

6. matirose commented
    March 7th, 2008 at 9:40pm

omg! i love this. just ordered a copy, thanks for the tip.

7. Jennifer Ramos commented
    March 7th, 2008 at 11:21pm

HOLLY, You should make a commission on this because i’m going to buy a copy and this is the 2nd book you had me buy from ur blog!!! LOVE IT Haha

Jen Ramos
    ‘100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards’

8. decor8 commented
    March 8th, 2008 at 1:59am

I’m so glad that you ladies like it, it’s a great book. And you know what? I do make a small amount of money when decor8 readers buy a book I suggest, that’s why I mention in the paragraph “sponsored link”, I earn 4% on sales. So for the book you purchased at $19 I earned .76 cents! But it’s good because at the end of the month it can add up to around $30 or so which is nice because then I can buy a book or a few cd’s and it’s kind of a nice treat. Though I do have to give about 30% of that to the government in April. :(

9. maejane commented
    March 8th, 2008 at 8:29pm

oh my, i would never leave that bathroom. that is the most glorious thing i’ve ever seen!!

10. Jennifer Ramos commented
    March 9th, 2008 at 9:29am

Oh cool ….!
    Hmm maybe i should join their program too….thats a thought…

Jen Ramos
    ‘100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards’

11. Melissa Lewis-Off The Wall commented
    March 9th, 2008 at 4:24pm

Holly, that’s too funny. I just sent an email out to my family of some books from Amazon I want for my bday in April. Now, I’m so gonna have to re-send with this book added to that list. This style is so, SO me. I am instantly inspired by the pictures.

Thanks for the post. I always know I can count on you for a good one:)

12. kaytet commented
    March 9th, 2008 at 5:03pm

wow! another book to add to the wishlist!
    totally stunning

13. Honeygo Beasley commented
    March 10th, 2008 at 12:40am

Fab, I definitely want a copy!

14. this chicken commented
    March 10th, 2008 at 2:34pm

What a beautiful, beautiful book! The pages are so inspiring. I don’t usually do this, but after reading your post, I found it on Amazon UK and bought it immediately!

Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention!

15. sweetjessie commented
    March 10th, 2008 at 2:47pm

I’ll have to order a copy, too – you always choose the most beautiful books, Holly!

16. LIBERTY POST EDITOR commented
    March 10th, 2008 at 5:00pm

Thank you so much for the preview. If I was a book my name would be ‘Bazaar Style’. I am swooning over the images. So much talent.

17. Anonymous commented
    March 18th, 2008 at 4:17pm

I’m happy to find the book I art directed on your blog! As the designer and one-third of the creative vision for this book along with Selina and Debi, it was a very inspiring project to work on. After all, it is the book design + layout that bring the photographs and bazaar style to life…

18. angeljoy commented
    April 13th, 2008 at 12:31am

I just received my copy of this book from my book club and I absolutely love it!
    My favorite so far is the photo of the patchwork wall with the two patchwork sofas.
    This book is fantastic!
    I’m so glad to FINALLY find a book that shows the styles I like!

19. Ez commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 2:53pm

The colors and textures just make my eyes so happy!
    Love it!
    xox
    Ez

Ezs last blog post: La . La . Loving Lola

20. Laura at Emmy Lu commented
    January 21st, 2009 at 11:09am

What a visually stunning compilation of photos! I love the room with all the bright pink accents and the big letter “N” sitting on the window sill! I’m a big fan of using color to make a visual “pop” in a room, and this book looks like it’s choc full of such visual statements!

Laura at Emmy Lus last blog post: Crafty Girl {Linen Pinboard}

21. Jackie commented
    January 21st, 2009 at 6:40pm

Okay so I bought it couldnt help the easy shopping on amazon