H is for Home

Elysa over at GenPink, a blog about being a twenty something career-minded girl of the world working to balance work/family while still having a great time with fashion, chasing boys, and all the latest gadgets, asked me to write a guest post today. The topic? I wrote about the first time I stepped foot into my own apartment and how I got started as a single woman long before marriage and my thirties kicked in. It’s rather revealing, but it felt good to write about my horrible first apartment experience and the depression I dealt with back at the age of twenty-two and how decorating and a little DIY inspired change.

Read it here. Thank you again Elysa for including me today over at GenPink!

(image from genpink)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on March 10, 2008

1. elysa commented
    March 10th, 2008 at 5:21pm

Thank you again for taking the time to share your wisdom with us!

2. beachgrl commented
    March 10th, 2008 at 6:28pm

That was a fantastic post Holly!

3. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    March 10th, 2008 at 6:37pm

Holly, I love what you wrote over on elysa’s blog. What an inspirational story. I can almost feel your happiness at taking charge and changing the homely to homey. I couldn’t agree more that what you put into your home comforts you, inspires you and invigorates you. Thank you for sharing.
    xo
    Melissa
    ps as someone who has battled roaches in a crappy apartment in the past too I understand all to well!

4. Style Saves the World commented
    March 10th, 2008 at 10:54pm

What a story! Thanks for sharing. (And I can relate to the roach fear – they took over my first apartment too. Ick City.)

5. katelynjane commented
    March 11th, 2008 at 5:19am

Great article!! Thanks for sharing and being real! I watched an interview with a comedian the other day and he said his goal this year was to be more real. I thought that was a great goal and have added it to my list. Thanks for the further inspiration!