Have a Great Weekend!

I’m signing off now, yeah you’ve guessed it – date night with my boy. But I first want to thank you for participating on decor8 this week whether you left a comment simply stating that you liked something or maybe you left one a bit deeper than that, each comment means a lot to me and to fellow readers. So thank you so much for taking time to hang out with me here.

1. A tote bag for $17 from Target purchased by the lovely Shim + Sons, who also has a beautiful blog and a new store. 2. New Amy Butler fabric is in over at Starlit Nest, buy 10 yards of any Midwest Modern print and get 3 yards free. 3. A cupcake made by Kylie Lambert of Le Cupcake in Sydney, Australia. 4. This photo called Hands Collection is from bricolagelife who also maintains a shop on etsy. Doesn’t this give you a good idea for the weekend? Photograph objects together that relate to one another.

Good Links:

Blogger Leslie has a lot to say about sheep and some funny words on the expression, “pop” of color and thought her post was hilarious and worth sending you over to, “We?re all pretty bad about being sheep. The blagosphere is no different. I?m starting to become curious in a pretentious amateur microsociologist way how certain trends start. Like where is the actual nexus for these things? Who is the original disease carrier and who are the most active spreaders. I think it?s Apartment Therapy and Decor8 respectively. If Decor8 blogs something hold on to your f**ing hat because it?ll be on every blog within 24 hours.” You can read more here.

20% off sale at Twig, use code HAPPY_BDAY at checkout. Offer ends April 18th.

Creative Thursday’s Marisa Haedike now has her work at Urban Outfitters in both America and Europe. Yay!

Val?rie Parizeault of The Montreal Craft Mafia told me that they’re now accepting applications for their June event so click here to learn more.

Seattle: The Lab: An Evening With Matte Stephens hosted by Velocity Art & Design. A local meet-up on open to the public for creative thinking, networking, and inspiration. Wednesday, April 16th 6-8 pm, details here. And side note, way to go Matte on your relocation from Alabama to Seattle — All the best!

Chicago: Advance notice for all of you lucky enough to live close to this event. Jayson Home & Garden is hosting an outdoor European Flea Market filled with vintage finds. Event takes place April 18-20, details here.

Boston: Mark your calendars ladies for April 28 when you are invited to a free meet up for creative ladies in Boston called the Boston Design Salon, who also just launched a new blog. April’s event will feature Doreen Hing of Plank Designs and Michele Yeeles of Bobs Your Uncle. Event details here.

Feel More Human just launched and I was told that it’s, “a new online destination that mixes shopping for modern products with original editorial content”. Doesn’t that pretty much sum up a blog? Well regardless, the site looks pretty slick so check it out.

What one blogger has to say about the What To Do Series…

Me over at Real Simple this week talking about patios, stray dogs and cleaning supplies.

I’ll be back for another week of decor8 on Monday and Tuesday where you’ll hear from Lisa Congdon, Irene Hoofs from Bloesem, and my husband Thorsten Becker with their thoughts on What To Do… with a few more of our friends joining us on Tuesday to wrap up the series. Of course, all that mixed in with the usual decor8 content (pretty things!) so if you’d like to meet me back here on Monday, please do. :)

Bad News: Remember my post on Deyrolle in Paris about a year ago? The shop suffered a massive fire recently, blog reader Hazel just told me the terrible news. I’m so very sad for the owner as his collection isn’t something you can easily replace. Translated version here.

(images linked to their source above)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on April 11, 2008

1. Anonymous commented
    April 11th, 2008 at 9:58pm

Hello, I love the cupcake in the picture. I so wish they had them here because I’m having a party in 2 weeks.
    Also love the bag. SOOOOO CUTE!!!!

2. reclaimingmisshavisham commented
    April 11th, 2008 at 10:16pm

whoaaaa exposure. If I knew people were going to be coming to my blog today I would have cleaned the place up a bit. Sorry for the superfluous f-bombs, y’all!

3. Nancy commented
    April 11th, 2008 at 10:44pm

Thank YOU for posting such wonderful things. Have a great weekend.

4. sosser commented
    April 11th, 2008 at 10:51pm

hi holly! thank you so much for including my hands collection in pretty things. that’s a lovely surprise :)

5. sara commented
    April 11th, 2008 at 11:27pm

It’s a gorgeous photo, sosser! Really beautiful.

Also, you had better believe that I’m skipping out to get one of those totes from Target…I’ve seen them on a shoulder or two, and I’m in love!

As a side note to Holly:
    I’m nerdily excited to see that you’ve used the “SchoolHouse cursive” typeface! It’s my favorite font at the moment, and I even used it on my etsy shop banner. So cute.

6. Alison commented
    April 12th, 2008 at 4:40am

Wow, I’m so surprised to see my photo in your beautiful montage today! Thanks!

7. Mrs.French commented
    April 12th, 2008 at 6:37am

I have been admiring that Target bag from afar…maybe I need to start doing it close up? Have a lovely weekend!

8. Ann commented
    April 12th, 2008 at 7:12am

The fabrics look so lovely. I have no idea where to use them but they look real lovely.

And oh, the cupcake looks real yummy. Great design on it … really amazing things we can do with cupcakes these days.

9. Whitney commented
    April 12th, 2008 at 11:43am

Thank you Holly for making such wonderful and inspiring content! Yummmy cupcake :)

10. mandco commented
    April 13th, 2008 at 9:41pm

That bag is just gorgeous! Love your weekend links!

11. IRENE commented
    April 14th, 2008 at 8:18am

Lovely collection and useful links. Thank you.