DIY, Rooms

DIY: Frame Decals

April 28, 2008

Danielle Thompson is a super creative decor8 reader who asked if she could show us some custom vinyl decals that she made for her son’s nursery. This is super cute, you can get all the instructions here on her blog.

Nice work, Danielle!

(images from danielle thompson)

11 Comments

• Reply LINDSAY April 28, 2008 at 6:50 pm

What a splendid idea AND a great way to easily rotate one’s art collection!

• Reply Anonymous April 28, 2008 at 8:07 pm

Danielle? Please open an Etsy store for those of us that are lazy.

• Reply Magpie Interior Design April 28, 2008 at 8:16 pm

What? Huh? She doesn’t sell these??? I would snap them up in a heartbeat! I am IN LOVE. Great job.

• Reply SimplyGrove April 28, 2008 at 8:30 pm

I would use these right now! What a great idea!

• Reply Sarah's Fab Day April 28, 2008 at 8:35 pm

I have to tell you I am in LOVE with these decals. I haven’t jumped on the decal bandwagon yet but these are darling and so perfect for children’s art. I’m with Anon407, please Danielle open an Etsy shop for these babies because I will buy them all!

• Reply Lora ~ April 28, 2008 at 8:49 pm

Girlfriend! This is an opportunity waving it’s hands in your face! Make them and put up an Etsy shop. I’d buy, like, ten right now!
    Lora ~

• Reply la la Lovely April 29, 2008 at 2:30 am

Wow.. these are pretty cool. Love them!

• Reply Ele April 29, 2008 at 3:27 pm

Fabulous idea and execution!

• Reply Honeygo Beasley April 29, 2008 at 4:51 pm

Fantastic – well-done. Totally adorable. I don’t know what else to say except I agree with a previous post – and think soooo many people would scoop these up if they were for sale.

• Reply Courtney April 29, 2008 at 6:02 pm

Wowza! what a sophisticated and playful child’s room! Definitely bookmarking this for that day in, er… 10 years, when I am ready to have kids! :)

Though, maybe I can create my own grown up version for my studio instead!

• Reply Pilar April 29, 2008 at 6:38 pm

wow these are amazing! i got really cool “frame tape” from kiddywampus.com in minnesota…i put it on the wall around my daughter’s scribble…now it’s her total masterpiece. super cheap for a role of tape and so worth it.