DIY: Frame Decals

Danielle Thompson is a super creative decor8 reader who asked if she could show us some custom vinyl decals that she made for her son’s nursery. This is super cute, you can get all the instructions here on her blog.

Nice work, Danielle!

(images from danielle thompson)

Posted by decor8 in diy, walls on April 28, 2008

1. LINDSAY commented
    April 28th, 2008 at 6:50pm

What a splendid idea AND a great way to easily rotate one’s art collection!

2. Anonymous commented
    April 28th, 2008 at 8:07pm

Danielle? Please open an Etsy store for those of us that are lazy.

3. Magpie Interior Design commented
    April 28th, 2008 at 8:16pm

What? Huh? She doesn’t sell these??? I would snap them up in a heartbeat! I am IN LOVE. Great job.

4. SimplyGrove commented
    April 28th, 2008 at 8:30pm

I would use these right now! What a great idea!

5. Sarah's Fab Day commented
    April 28th, 2008 at 8:35pm

I have to tell you I am in LOVE with these decals. I haven’t jumped on the decal bandwagon yet but these are darling and so perfect for children’s art. I’m with Anon407, please Danielle open an Etsy shop for these babies because I will buy them all!

6. Lora ~ commented
    April 28th, 2008 at 8:49pm

Girlfriend! This is an opportunity waving it’s hands in your face! Make them and put up an Etsy shop. I’d buy, like, ten right now!
    Lora ~

7. la la Lovely commented
    April 29th, 2008 at 2:30am

Wow.. these are pretty cool. Love them!

8. Ele commented
    April 29th, 2008 at 3:27pm

Fabulous idea and execution!

9. Honeygo Beasley commented
    April 29th, 2008 at 4:51pm

Fantastic – well-done. Totally adorable. I don’t know what else to say except I agree with a previous post – and think soooo many people would scoop these up if they were for sale.

10. Courtney commented
    April 29th, 2008 at 6:02pm

Wowza! what a sophisticated and playful child’s room! Definitely bookmarking this for that day in, er… 10 years, when I am ready to have kids! :)

Though, maybe I can create my own grown up version for my studio instead!

11. Pilar commented
    April 29th, 2008 at 6:38pm

wow these are amazing! i got really cool “frame tape” from kiddywampus.com in minnesota…i put it on the wall around my daughter’s scribble…now it’s her total masterpiece. super cheap for a role of tape and so worth it.