NEW! Henry Road Store in LA {and 20% off}

A new Henry Road store! Wow, what GREAT news for Paula Smail, Henry Road, and all of her loyal fans! Paula just opened and will celebrate the grand opening this weekend. How great is this? Not only does it provide a home for her collection but also gives her a chance to showcase her collection of custom one-of-a-kind lampshades, upholstered furniture and to offer an eclectic selection of home and gift wares that she’s currently loving. She sent over some photos for decor8 readers to enjoy and wanted to let us know that she is offering a 20% off promotion on her website (enter coupon code: STORE at checkout) so everyone can join in the celebration whether based in lovely Los Angeles or not.

How fetching is this blue storefront, am I right?

Art shown by Michelle Caplan, lamp by Paula Smail.

The Grand Opening is May 3 and 4 and, “We’re celebrating all weekend with a ‘Mad Tea Party’ catered by our friend Lisa, from Cake Monkey.” Location: 3949 Laurelgrove Ave, Studio City, CA 91604 (South of Ventura, 2 blocks west of Laurel Canyon).

Thanks, Paula for the BIG NEWS. We are so proud to see yet another independent small business making some major progress. Congrats!

(images from henry road)

Posted by decor8 in Shop Tours, shopping, textiles, travel on May 02, 2008

1. Kathy commented
    May 2nd, 2008 at 12:23pm

So right, that front is great! Bookish!

2. Homegrown {& the Bug} commented
    May 2nd, 2008 at 2:35pm

That is most definitely the raddest storefront I’ve *ever* seen!

3. kiddlebug commented
    May 2nd, 2008 at 3:32pm

I do love that storefront! It would pull me right in. The inside is beautiful as well.

4. SimplyGrove commented
    May 2nd, 2008 at 3:52pm

Looks like a great store!!! I am in love with the english armchair on there website!

5. LOVING/LIVING/SMALL commented
    May 2nd, 2008 at 10:00pm

love love love Henry Road textiles! Makes me smile! I posted about them a few weeks ago too! Thanks for the post!

6. Mi Casa Es Su Casa commented
    May 3rd, 2008 at 3:51am

Shoot! I was going to go to La Brea. Maybe I should change my plans and head to Studio City instead…

7. Bijous Whimsy's Blog commented
    May 5th, 2008 at 3:51pm

This looks like quite the interesting store, wow…and indeed the blue storefront is so catching appealing, I adore the black graphic flowers in the corner. Seeing stores like this on decor8 makes me drool, since we don’t really have cool place to shop like this in the little town I am from. I devour all of the pictures and think to myself ‘okay I’d buy this…I’d buy that…’, what would this be called ‘internet window shopping’, ha ha oh well, it’ll have to do. Thanks for showing us this great store. Mandy

8. ::{J}:: commented
    May 6th, 2008 at 1:29am

Love Henry Road, just got the email about the store opening…road trip!!

9. m.e.haley commented
    May 6th, 2008 at 8:22pm

My sister, niece and I drove up to Studio City from San Diego to check out the shop, and it was worth every second spent sitting in traffic regretting those Big Gulp’s we drank! The shop is beautiful, Paula was lovely and welcoming, and we came away inspired – and with some new pillows to help us remember our day!

10. Anonymous commented
    May 8th, 2008 at 12:43pm

I am so excited for Paula!!! The new Henry Road shop is totally gorgeous!! She has such a great eye for eclectic items that you are sure to find things there you can’t find anywhere else!! PLUS, once you see all the pieces of furniture upholstered in her patterns, you wont believe how much you love them!! I cant wait to see what she does next!!