Objects, Rooms

Decorative Country Living

May 5, 2008

I discovered this great online store via All Things Bright & Beautiful and The Inspired Room, it’s called Decorative Country Living. I really like the product shots on their website and so I thought I’d share them here today.

Decorative Country LivingDecorative Country LivingDecorative Country LivingDecorative Country LivingDecorative Country LivingDecorative Country LivingDecorative Country LivingDecorative Country Living
I’m pulling together my inspiration boards for our new apartment this week so when I get them somewhat organized I’ll post them here for you to see. I’m not sure if I’m going to use a board or a journal since I need something I can pack in my luggage and a large book may work better. I have this vision of translating my exact style into my home because one rarely has a chance to start from scratch so why not use it as an opportunity to really connect with my own space?

One thing I definitely want in my new place includes linen, white twinkle lights and a pretty mirror to string them on. I also want to do more of my own DIY projects and do more work by hand. I can’t wait to hang wallpaper in the entry way, and purchase a really comfortable sofa. Of course, I’ll be mixing in vintage with modern, but I don’t want it overly pretty or country, I want to bring in some edge appeal through accessories that are modern and clean, urban, grown up, and again, uniquely my own vision. I’d like to find some silk scarves and make pillows. And I want to challenge myself and go ‘there’ as far as color is concerned.

Because our new apartment is a second home I plan to take one of my readers advice and go a little crazy — do all the things there that I cannot do currently due to space issues and the fact that we rent our house over here – no wallpaper and such. I have so many ideas that I cannot wait to share and work on, I can hardly wait until August.

(images from decorative country living)

You Might Also Like

12 Comments

• Reply diana @ please sir May 5, 2008 at 6:45 pm

Great finds…they have wonderful photographs too!

• Reply Shelli May 5, 2008 at 8:11 pm

oh what a lovely website! im drooling over here! ty for sharing holly! xo

• Reply Jerusalem May 5, 2008 at 10:03 pm

I love this style and it always makes me think I live in the wrong country…thanks for sharing the link, I am off to visit now!

• Reply SimplyGrove May 5, 2008 at 10:16 pm

Your apartment is going to ridiculously amazing and I cant wait to see all of your ideas!

• Reply Melissa Lewis-Off The Wall May 5, 2008 at 10:57 pm

I love this store, these photos are great! Can’t wait to see your inspiration board Holly!

• Reply Anonymous May 5, 2008 at 11:55 pm

Help! I would love to buy a pitcher like the white one. But what are they called more specifically? I am not finding anything on eBay etc. just putting in pitcher. What kind of pitcher? Or is there another term? Or does someone know where to purchase? Thanks!

• Reply decor8 May 6, 2008 at 4:07 am

Anon – it’s enamelware. Here’s a bunch of it on ebay, following this link… http://tinyurl.com/5tm5vk

• Reply Carlotina May 6, 2008 at 7:40 am

I really love “Decorative country living”! I’m going everyday on your blog ’cause there is a lot of good ideas and adresses! But My english is too bad and I’m shy…
    so I hesitate to leave comments. See you next time and thank you for this beautiful blog!

• Reply layersofmeaning May 6, 2008 at 2:03 pm

lovely!

• Reply Yoli May 7, 2008 at 1:24 am

The bunnies and the pink pitcher! Lovely!

• Reply Anonymous May 8, 2008 at 10:06 pm

Thank you, thank you, Decor8!
    I’ve been seeing the enamelware pitchers in every newer decorating book, but none expect someone as clueless as I to wonder what it was or where to find it!

• Reply Lucie Howard November 30, 2008 at 10:23 am

CON MERCHANT SHOP – BE VERY CAREFUL!!
    Be careful with this shop – they say they sell both vintage and new items – I contacted them about a French vintage piece and they had sold out – so they offered me an alternative – navigated me to another page and showed me more vintage items. In the end i received cheap Danish rubbush of IKEA qualilty – vastly overpriced. I wrote to them but they then tried to say it was my fault! Most unpleasant people! Steer Clear!!!