Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

It’s Tuesday! Time to see what’s cooking over on Etsy this week, at least according to me. :) I found a few Germans, a girl in Greece, a crafty lady in Vancouver, and a few super cute bibs including one that is as old as I am (and this one isn’t for sale). Ready?

Sieben Morgan is Tinee Kleinschroth, a German talent who creates all items by hand and those that you see with patterns are hand printed. A full-time freelance artist who specializes in printmaking, Tinee’s shop is such a treat to look through. She also has a blog.

Apple & Eve creates the sweetest little pillows! Eva is Estonian but currently living in Germany and makes the cutest crafts from home with great attention to all the little details. Darling!

Kup Kup Land is Kima, who studied graphic design and illustration. She loves to experiment with a variety of materials but seems to like felt the best. Kima was born in Barcelona then moved to Santander and now Athens — no doubt her colorful, sunny surroundings are the reason for her lively crafts.

Leslie Rogers’ little shop called Uptown Design has some of the cutest crochet characters and she takes some really cute photos. She is from Vancouver and the moment you step into her shop you’ll want to be a kid again. Go ahead, you totally can. :) She has a Dawanda store, too.

I don’t feature a lot of things for children but I have to show you Bunny Bum because I am crazy about these bibs. My best friend in Germany, Sandra, just had a daughter and my local close friend Paris is due this summer, so I’m thinking about babies a lot lately. And when I saw these mini quilts with pillows for dolls, I also couldn’t resist sharing them because they made me feel extremely happy inside. My mother made these for my Barbie dolls when I was a little girl. I have so many nice memories of my mother sewing things for my dolls that this wave of joy comes over me whenever I see handmade dolly things. :) I always felt so cherished when she made little things just for me. Like this…

I still have my first bib. My mother made this for me when she was 25 and I was waiting to be born. After I arrived, this is the bib that she gave me during feeding time. I always kept it neat and safe, my favorite dolly wore it until I was in my teens and then it was tucked away in a special box. It’s still in the box but I took it out today for the first time in years to share it here. I can’t wait to someday give it to the baby I hope to have in the future.

Handmade things never go out of style, are always cherished, and make the recipient feel so loved.

If you’ve missed previous Take Five Tuesdays, please click here to check them out.

(images linked to sources above.)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, etsy, Etsy Take 5 Tuesday, kids, walls on May 14, 2008

1. Robson & Mason Haberdashery commented
    May 14th, 2008 at 5:49am

Hi Holly.

It’s Laura from R&M . I really enjoyed your blog today! I adore the handmade bib your mother ge you. It is so sweet and lovely.

I am addicted to buying ‘little people stuff’ – when I had my first very job aged 15 it was at a Baby boutique, and I used to collect the unusual sale things for my baby-to-be.

Someone bought some of my floral bias binding i’m told yesterday to edge a baby shawl/blanket and a bib! How lovely.

I look forward, immensely for your next installment.

Best wishes,

Laura

2. jessica commented
    May 14th, 2008 at 6:07am

i am in shock. holy cow! thank you so much for mentioning my shop. i love making those bibs and quilts so much and am very happy that they make you feel happy inside. that is such a huge compliment.
    thanks holly!
    -jessica
    aka bunnybum

3. Black Eyed Susie commented
    May 14th, 2008 at 6:40am

Beautiful choices Holly. I love them all, especially your bib. It is lovely to have something so filled with love.

4. Eva commented
    May 14th, 2008 at 7:20am

Thank You for featuring my little birds in your wonderful blog!
    I have found so many great things by your Take Five Tuesdays too:)

5. Blooming commented
    May 14th, 2008 at 10:02am

I love Eva’s softies. I confess to having three. Her work is so amazing it’s hard to believe it is done by hand. I bought personalized Easter Bunnies from her, they are sure to become heirlooms. Eve herself is the nicest person you could ever meet online!
    Those bibs are so cute too.
    What a great feature.

6. shoppingsmycardio commented
    May 14th, 2008 at 3:29pm

holly, your story about the baby bib made my morning…so sweet of you to share such a touching photo and story :)

7. Arian commented
    May 14th, 2008 at 6:51pm

I have a 2mo old so I love cute baby picks! Thanks for introducing me to more great Etsy talent!

8. diana @ please sir commented
    May 14th, 2008 at 7:14pm

Great finds as usual…lovely!

9. Robyn commented
    May 14th, 2008 at 8:06pm

everything is so cute! bunnies and duckies, and pandas, and kitties… *sigh* it is too much!

10. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    May 14th, 2008 at 9:23pm

Lovely lovely! I am deeply smitten with it all!
    xo
    Melissa

11. Elsita :) commented
    May 15th, 2008 at 2:39am

Wow! I so much appreciate all the wonderful links!
    Thank you! I love your blog!
    Elsita :)

12. Leigh- commented
    May 15th, 2008 at 7:08am

Great Etsy pics as always Holly.
    I had to freeze when I saw the bib as that is almost identical to a design I still have in wall art that my Mom had in my room as a child. Its so sweet. Oh and where does the time go:)
    I am off to check out your new blog.

13. SoLoMoN commented
    May 15th, 2008 at 5:01pm

Hi,
    nice blog you have here. very informative

14. Uptown Arts commented
    May 16th, 2008 at 5:37am

Thank you so much for the mention! I feel very honoured to be included in this amazing array of talented artists. :)

15. joonbeam commented
    May 18th, 2008 at 1:34am

Hello. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw your Thumper Bib. When I was a teen that was the first cross stitch project I ever did. I had forgotten all about it until I saw this right now. I wonder where mine is? I know I put it in my hope chest. This was probably 1971/2. My first son was born in 1977. I think I used it. Thanks for this special long lost memory. joon

16. Callooh Callay commented
    May 23rd, 2008 at 9:33pm

This is such a great feature–first time I’ve seen it, and I really enjoyed looking back over back posts. A lot of my Etsy favorites and some new ones too. Thanks.

17. Coco commented
    June 16th, 2008 at 8:29pm

ooh i’m reading this while my baby girl is sleeping in my arms. I got tears in my eyes… this so special that your mom made this for you and gave it to you while breastfeeding. I feel furntinate to be able to breastfeed my child, while reading this even more!

18. decor8 commented
    June 16th, 2008 at 8:43pm

Hi Coco! My mother made this while she was pregnant, not after I was born just to clarify. :)