Arts + Crafts, Etsy Faves, Rooms

Sarah Ahearn

May 15, 2008

The always amazing Lucie Summers on Etsy wrote to me singing the praises of a mixed media artist that she adores, Sarah Ahearn. Immediately upon viewing her work I became an insta-fan and thought of you and how much you’ll like Miss Sarah too. She also works on a letterpress creating fine paper goods. What a talented lady she is!

Sarah Ahearn
Sarah has lots of prints in her etsy shop (sometimes a few originals), an inspiring blog, and a beautiful portfolio on flickr.

Sarah Ahearn
Here are some pretty views of her inspiration board and studio space in New York that I found inspiring. I love seeing where and how people work, don’t you? Things I like about this space: her orange accent wall, rice paper pendant (pretty and affordable), the yellow chair, the fact that she can both sit and stand at her desk, and the massive chalkboard.

Sarah AhearnSarah AhearnSarah AhearnSarah AhearnSarah Ahearn
Thank you Lucie for sharing Sarah with us!

(images from sarah ahearn)

You Might Also Like

11 Comments

• Reply Anonymous May 15, 2008 at 8:00 pm

Oh Wow!!!! I love her work!! Beautiful. Thank you for the find….!

• Reply twobrides May 16, 2008 at 2:32 am

What is that long long silver thing holding a bunch of prints? A metal shelf?

• Reply sarah ahearn bellemare May 16, 2008 at 3:05 am

hello!
    thanks again for the fabulous post about my work! i am so very flattered!
    I wanted to also answer the question from “twobrides”:
    *the “long silver thing” above my studio desk is an order holder from a restaurant supply store. i used to work in a restaurant where we had that very same thing in the kitchen for the orders. I love it. It has little marbles in it that hold up whatever you stick into it and then I use the top as a little ledge.
    thanks again!
    *sarah

• Reply AnastasiaC May 16, 2008 at 3:47 am

stunning work!!

• Reply Michele May 19, 2008 at 2:54 am

Loving the frenchie pic!

• Reply Design Muse Blog May 21, 2008 at 3:08 am

What a cute studio space. I love her letter press machine it is so small and compact. Some of the other ones I have scene take up so much space.

• Reply Margaret in SC May 26, 2008 at 4:57 pm

I’d like to know more about that studio desk. This is the second time I’ve seen a similar desk and I want one!!!

Lovely space.

• Reply Robyn June 24, 2008 at 5:32 pm

Great discovery! I love Lisa’s work……not to mention her studio.

• Reply Robyn June 24, 2008 at 5:33 pm

Great discovery! I love Sarah’s work……not to mention her studio.

• Reply Beekey August 7, 2008 at 6:43 pm

Really, really looks just like Sabrina Ward Harrison’s work from her books. Especially the tea mugs.

• Reply maryrose November 9, 2008 at 6:59 pm

Sarah, you are a true artist. You did what was important and dedicated all your time to your art. Congratulations on the Cloth Paper Scissors artist of the month feature. I hope there is a magazine left on the rack for me!