Fashion + Accessories

Paraphernalia

June 5, 2008

I know it’s jewelry but I can’t resist sharing Paraphernalia with you. First of all the name. I’ve always loved the word Paraphernalia and used to dream of owning a shop under this very name. It’s wonderful to say, isn’t it?

Paraphernalia
It’s also happens to be the name of a small business based in Manchester, England. Paraphernalia specializes in unusual jewelry for men and women. Clearly inspired by vintage illustration and nature, they delight in the uncanny and the odd, combining the beautiful with the bizarre. Little works of art on cut acrylic… Ah, so nice.

Paraphernalia… A beautiful word for a an equally charming little jewelry business.

(images from paraphernalia)

8 Comments

• Reply hannaleighh June 5, 2008 at 4:35 am

I’ve seen their business posted on quite a few blogs now. So cute!

I live in Wichita and we have a dress shop here that is called Parrot-fa-nalia. Something like that. Their store is pretty wonderful too.

• Reply Katrine K June 5, 2008 at 6:33 am

I really like their style, and a wonderful name too. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente June 5, 2008 at 1:58 pm

Love Paraphernalia! It IS a fun word to say :)
    xo
    Melissa

• Reply Anonymous June 5, 2008 at 5:21 pm

A pretty word but a very unprofessional seller. She is also on Etsy with horrible feedback. I am one of her victims.

• Reply pamela michelle June 5, 2008 at 5:23 pm

I love the detailed necklaces. so cool!

• Reply HandbagsbyJen June 6, 2008 at 1:27 pm

I purchased from her off etsy – twice. It took a long time to get the first one and so I planned accordingly for the second. My 17 year old has the one of the kids on a bike, but also has a birds nest. The necklaces are wonderful. She gets tons of comments on them. Just make sure you have enough time when you order.

• Reply Anonymous June 7, 2008 at 7:46 pm

Paraphernalia was the name of the store in the 60s that helped Betsey Johnson become famous.

• Reply Donna Rent August 7, 2009 at 1:21 am

Wow, now that is some different work, I have never seen anything like it, I think that name is pretty awesome as well, I really am enjoying this site you have such lovely odds and ends and things.