San Francisco Letterpress Print by Lab Partners

The last thing I need is another print but I cannot resist this San Francisco letterpress print created by Lab Partners. My husband and I spent our honeymoon in this amazing city along with Sonoma, so we have a special place in our hearts for one of our favorite spots in America. It will be seven years next month, I can’t believe how fast time goes by between 28 and 35… All I can say is that things better start slowing down now! :)

This is such a lovely letterpress print, the colors, the retro vibe, so sweet! I just purchased one to pack for Germany since I want to hang it in our place over there. These prints seem to be flying off of the shelves so if you want one get ‘em while they’re hot (and available) right here.

There’s this quote about San Francisco and I can’t help but feel exactly the same as Mencken, “What fetched me instantly (and thousands of other newcomers with me) was the subtle but unmistakable sense of escape from the United States.”-H.L. Mencken, Writer.

(image from lab partners)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, etsy, walls on June 06, 2008

1. kris commented
    June 6th, 2008 at 2:24am

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in SF and Sonoma as well, and we also fell for this print the moment we saw it. It’s so charming.

2. Leah commented
    June 6th, 2008 at 3:15am

such a cute print!

my husband and i will be in san fran (my first visit) for a wedding. i’m so excited to check it out!

3. SimplyGrove commented
    June 6th, 2008 at 4:16am

I love this print!!! Your right, it is so retro!

4. Trina commented
    June 6th, 2008 at 5:21am

that is a great print. :) And where did you get that amazing little owl bottle????? I loooooove him!

5. Cococozy commented
    June 6th, 2008 at 5:37am

This is a great print. You should also check out my favorite paper store in L.A…it is called Sugar Paper. Great letterpress and flat print stationery too.

Coco

6. Social Network Web Design commented
    June 6th, 2008 at 7:14am

The print really looks beautiful. This is one blue and pink combo that doesn’t look babyish to me.

7. Laura commented
    June 6th, 2008 at 9:37am

OOOOh how I love those colours! Devine!

8. Lena commented
    June 6th, 2008 at 11:26am

aww, sf. so sweet. and looks to have been inspired by one of my favorite illustrators, olle eksell.

9. Eleanor commented
    June 6th, 2008 at 3:26pm

I am getting married in a couple of weeks and I was just thinking this morning about how our honeymoon destination, although it may seem unimportant now, will be a special place for the rest of our lives.

I wish it was going to be in San Fran, I have always wanted to go. x

10. Uncle Beefy commented
    June 6th, 2008 at 3:42pm

Okay, yes…having been born in SF I have a serious soft spot for the place and wish I could afford to live there! But, honestly, it’s that glorious color palette that grabs me! The perfect pink & blue combo! Sweet pick, Holly :)

11. GABRIELA DELWORTH commented
    June 6th, 2008 at 5:15pm

Hello,

I share the same feeling, huge fan of SF, would live there if I could…

Regards,

~ Gabriela ~

12. lush commented
    June 6th, 2008 at 6:45pm

such a coincidence…just the other day, i added this lovely print to my favorites. so wonderful.

13. Liv commented
    June 6th, 2008 at 7:08pm

I love this print, even though I don’t think the colors would match my current decor.

My hubs and I spent our honeymoon in SF as well, and I will always love it because of the time I shared there with him.

Now I’m inspired to go find other SF-related art. Thanks!!

14. la la Lovely commented
    June 6th, 2008 at 7:50pm

This is so fabulous! My mom used to have this song book with piano music that she used to play for us when we were kids and it had the best pictures, which actually look a lot like this.. I just might have to go digging for it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Trina
    la la lovely

15. Mischa commented
    June 7th, 2008 at 12:06am

That quote is right on! San Francisco always feel like a completely different place than any other in the US. And this print is fantastic! So adorable.

My husband and I just took our anniversary trip to Sonoma, too! I think that is my favorite place in the world! So much good food, beautiful scenery, and perfect weather!

16. Anonymous commented
    June 8th, 2008 at 3:33pm

Ok, My husband & I are among the other happy couples that honeymooned in SF, BUT we’ve also been married 7 yrs, AND I’m also 35. If you were married June 1st & your bday is Sept 10th we need to call Oprah asap :)!
    BTW- Ever been to Santa Barbara? I went to HS & college there. I’ve left the other half of my heart there! So Somebody remind me why I’m in Albuquerque…?
    Really incredible print. I think it’s time for another trip.
    Jen-

17. read me... commented
    June 8th, 2008 at 9:09pm

oh my, I love this print…

18. AnastasiaC commented
    June 10th, 2008 at 10:11am

this print makes me so happy!!!

19. L&coolj commented
    June 10th, 2008 at 3:25pm

This print reminds me so much of poster ads for a Swedish telephony company Telia I’ve been seeing around Stockholm. They were done by Gustav Dejert, you can check them out here:http://www.woo.se/portfolios/gustav_dejert/illustration