Arts + Crafts, Etsy Faves, Rooms

San Francisco Letterpress Print by Lab Partners

June 6, 2008

The last thing I need is another print but I cannot resist this San Francisco letterpress print created by Lab Partners. My husband and I spent our honeymoon in this amazing city along with Sonoma, so we have a special place in our hearts for one of our favorite spots in America. It will be seven years next month, I can’t believe how fast time goes by between 28 and 35… All I can say is that things better start slowing down now! :)

San Francisco Letterpress Print by Lab Partners
This is such a lovely letterpress print, the colors, the retro vibe, so sweet! I just purchased one to pack for Germany since I want to hang it in our place over there. These prints seem to be flying off of the shelves so if you want one get ’em while they’re hot (and available) right here.

There’s this quote about San Francisco and I can’t help but feel exactly the same as Mencken, “What fetched me instantly (and thousands of other newcomers with me) was the subtle but unmistakable sense of escape from the United States.”-H.L. Mencken, Writer.

(image from lab partners)

You Might Also Like

• Reply kris June 6, 2008 at 2:24 am

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in SF and Sonoma as well, and we also fell for this print the moment we saw it. It’s so charming.

• Reply Leah June 6, 2008 at 3:15 am

such a cute print!

my husband and i will be in san fran (my first visit) for a wedding. i’m so excited to check it out!

• Reply SimplyGrove June 6, 2008 at 4:16 am

I love this print!!! Your right, it is so retro!

• Reply Trina June 6, 2008 at 5:21 am

that is a great print. :) And where did you get that amazing little owl bottle????? I loooooove him!

• Reply Cococozy June 6, 2008 at 5:37 am

This is a great print. You should also check out my favorite paper store in L.A…it is called Sugar Paper. Great letterpress and flat print stationery too.

• Reply Social Network Web Design June 6, 2008 at 7:14 am

The print really looks beautiful. This is one blue and pink combo that doesn’t look babyish to me.

• Reply Laura June 6, 2008 at 9:37 am

OOOOh how I love those colours! Devine!

• Reply Lena June 6, 2008 at 11:26 am

aww, sf. so sweet. and looks to have been inspired by one of my favorite illustrators, olle eksell.

• Reply Eleanor June 6, 2008 at 3:26 pm

I am getting married in a couple of weeks and I was just thinking this morning about how our honeymoon destination, although it may seem unimportant now, will be a special place for the rest of our lives.

I wish it was going to be in San Fran, I have always wanted to go. x

• Reply Uncle Beefy June 6, 2008 at 3:42 pm

Okay, yes…having been born in SF I have a serious soft spot for the place and wish I could afford to live there! But, honestly, it’s that glorious color palette that grabs me! The perfect pink & blue combo! Sweet pick, Holly :)

• Reply GABRIELA DELWORTH June 6, 2008 at 5:15 pm

I share the same feeling, huge fan of SF, would live there if I could…

~ Gabriela ~

• Reply lush June 6, 2008 at 6:45 pm

such a coincidence…just the other day, i added this lovely print to my favorites. so wonderful.

• Reply Liv June 6, 2008 at 7:08 pm

I love this print, even though I don’t think the colors would match my current decor.

My hubs and I spent our honeymoon in SF as well, and I will always love it because of the time I shared there with him.

Now I’m inspired to go find other SF-related art. Thanks!!

• Reply la la Lovely June 6, 2008 at 7:50 pm

This is so fabulous! My mom used to have this song book with piano music that she used to play for us when we were kids and it had the best pictures, which actually look a lot like this.. I just might have to go digging for it! Thanks for the inspiration!

la la lovely

• Reply Mischa June 7, 2008 at 12:06 am

That quote is right on! San Francisco always feel like a completely different place than any other in the US. And this print is fantastic! So adorable.

My husband and I just took our anniversary trip to Sonoma, too! I think that is my favorite place in the world! So much good food, beautiful scenery, and perfect weather!

• Reply Anonymous June 8, 2008 at 3:33 pm

Ok, My husband & I are among the other happy couples that honeymooned in SF, BUT we’ve also been married 7 yrs, AND I’m also 35. If you were married June 1st & your bday is Sept 10th we need to call Oprah asap :)!
    BTW- Ever been to Santa Barbara? I went to HS & college there. I’ve left the other half of my heart there! So Somebody remind me why I’m in Albuquerque…?
    Really incredible print. I think it’s time for another trip.

• Reply read me... June 8, 2008 at 9:09 pm

oh my, I love this print…

• Reply AnastasiaC June 10, 2008 at 10:11 am

this print makes me so happy!!!

• Reply L&coolj June 10, 2008 at 3:25 pm

This print reminds me so much of poster ads for a Swedish telephony company Telia I’ve been seeing around Stockholm. They were done by Gustav Dejert, you can check them out here: