Mood Boards Rolling In!

The mood board contest is in full swing and I’m so pleased to see them arriving sooner than expected, last year most turned up in the last hour and that’s fine, but it’s more exciting to receive a steady flow. When you enter, I’ll reply within 24 hours to confirm but if for some reason you do not hear from me, I’ve created a folder here where all entries are filed. Please take a moment to make sure yours is in the folder. Here’s an example of the lovely submissions rolling in. This room is a space that I can imagine in my own home someday if I ever have daughters around the same age. Or boys who love pink! The artichoke lamp is amazing, great find.

This mood board, “Children’s Twin Retreat”, was entered by Merrilee Liddiard who is an artist/illustrator. In case you’re curious as to where she found her goodies, here is a handy resource guide: Fabric is Midwest Modern Orange Dahlia collection, Bed is “Paris” in tufted-velvet from House by Annette Tatum, $1200 House Boutique (310) 451-2597 (found in Domino June 08 issue), leather moorish bench, artichoke lamp, Red Egg Indochine bedside table (download pdf for photo and pricing), Tiddly Winks sweatpea lion, Roses Ivory modern shag rug, and fabric thumbtacks.

I’d like to thank DaWanda in Berlin and Craft magazine for spreading the word about this contest via their websites. Thank you so much!

(image from merrilee liddiard)

Posted by decor8 in contests on June 09, 2008

1. phoenix commented
    June 9th, 2008 at 11:46pm

Wow! These resources are all so great and I’ve never heard of any of them before! The Moroccan furniture find is especially awesome! Thanks! :)

2. Mischa commented
    June 10th, 2008 at 6:10am

What a beautiful mood board! I’m totally inspired to try now! I’ll try to get it together in time!

3. Giusypatch - Italian handmade commented
    June 10th, 2008 at 8:05pm

Hello, I’m very tempted to jump in this contest, just see the photos at flickr and love them all! :)

4. Cocoa Pod commented
    June 11th, 2008 at 4:40am

I love this one you featured! It is not my style, but it is really well done and I can totally see it in someone’s house.

I decided to enter mine now because if I waited, the previous entered ones would have inflicted (is that the right word?) mine. :)

5. karlascottage.typepad.com commented
    June 12th, 2008 at 1:15pm

I came by from Carol’s spot after seeing her beautiful board. I enjoyed the slide show!

Trackbacks and Pingbacks