See you on Monday!

July 2, 2008

It’s been one of those days my friends. Thunderstorms, power outages, internet connection out for several hours… So I shall return to blogging on Monday, July 7 since we have a holiday here in the states and I plan to spend a long relaxing time away from work to enjoy every moment of summer that I can. Though the entire time promises to be gray and rainy, I plan to cherish the moments indoors anyway. I’m off to light candles, play some Beirut and Edith Piaf, and make Thai food. I have a craving for something spicy with mango. Have a lovely time off!

7/3 update: i’ve blogged a little over on my more personal blog called haus maus today in case you care to peek in over there…

You Might Also Like

• Reply Bree July 2, 2008 at 9:53 pm

Beirut! It feels like a Beirut day, so thanks for my afternoon commute music suggestion!

I love when I find that bloggers share other things in common with me. Have you had the chance to see them play a live show? Not the best showmanship, but incredible sound.

• Reply ericka July 3, 2008 at 12:04 am

Edith Piaf…fantastique…this one is my favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-sUzR71wpQ

• Reply Ellas Inspiration July 3, 2008 at 4:59 am

Thanks for your visit! You’re a true favorite and I was very surprised to see that you’ve found my Swedish blog! Please do come back and enjoy my inspiration!

Have a great weekend!

BR Karin

• Reply mikodesign July 3, 2008 at 7:37 am

Edith Piaf and Thai, sounds great, have a good and relaxing break!

• Reply Alpha Shanahan July 3, 2008 at 1:39 pm

for such a very giving person, you deserve the break. but i’d surely miss your blog entries til july 7.

‘just one of your quiet fan,
    alpha shanahan

• Reply lush July 3, 2008 at 4:21 pm

we’ve had a lot rain here too lately…so much that our roof is now leaking in the sunroom. last night’s rainfall and leaks reminded me of the scene in “it’s a wonderful life” when donna reed surprises jimmy stewart the night of their honeymoon in their new house…leaky roof and all. the music of edith piaf sounds so wonderful to me right now. you’ve got me in the mood. have a wonderful 4th holly!

• Reply Jennifer Ramos July 4, 2008 at 10:11 pm

Hello Holly,

I wanted to see if you would give me your opinion on which fabric I should choose for the French Style sofa that I found on Craigslist for $125. I’d love to see what combinations you’d recommend or link. I’m debating with getting just a plain fabric & adding lots of pillows with interesting patterns or mixing and matching two different fabrics for a nice contrast. If you get a minute , leave the comment, thanks!! : )

Have a great 4th weekend!!!

Jen Ramos
    ‘100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards & More’

• Reply decor8 July 5, 2008 at 12:11 am

Jen thanks for stopping by… I’d go with a white linen — with that new sofa and the wood frame it would look lovely. You could even get away with a gray linen… Oh I love your new sofa!

• Reply Tartelette July 5, 2008 at 4:16 am

Edith Piaf, Thai food and candles…perfect night off!

• Reply david santos July 5, 2008 at 2:22 pm

I loved this post and this blog.
    Happy a nice day

• Reply Tamms July 6, 2008 at 10:07 pm

I didnt know you liked Beirut. Good to know.

Miss you.