Bleu Nature

I am so happy that Bleu Nature has their site up in English in addition to French. I first wrote about them a few years ago but many readers (including myself) walked away feeling a bit frustrated because it was then only in French. Things have changed!

The Bleu Nature collection includes furniture and home accessories that are created primarily from driftwood giving them a bit of an untamed natural feel. I think these spaces look so peaceful and warm, I love the pairing of wood, white, and gray. The texture and organic shapes of everything really draws me in. Located near Lille in northern France, Bleu Nature also incorporates pebbles, lacquered wood and metal, leather, and petrified wood into their designs. The look is clean, modern, simple and definitely in touch with nature.

It may sound selfish to say this, and I certainly don’t want to come across as some almighty American, but I hope that more and more companies go bilingual with their websites, especially in Europe and Japan. I know that it’s not necessarily a must, but with America being such a huge consumer nation if other countries want to reach shoppers here or get their products into American stores, having English as an option is really important. I’m going to speak at an event in Berlin this September (more information to follow in August) and this is a key point that I want to make during my presentation on blogging and building a small business online — add English to your website, even if in small doses. You can really reach out to a broader range of customers not only in the states, but all over the world.

With all that being said (so sorry to ramble), I encourage you to visit Bleu Nature. To locate a store nearest to you that carries their line, please click here.

Psst: I can totally see these living comfortably in a Beachy Keen room.

(images from bleu nature)

Posted by decor8 in furniture, lighting on July 08, 2008

1. kristy commented
    July 8th, 2008 at 8:41pm

wow! i’m in love. these pieces are so ethereal and simple.

2. muralimanohar commented
    July 9th, 2008 at 12:32am

Funny..before I got to your line about how warm it looked to you, I had immediately thought, wow, I really hate this trend of taking pictures that are all so cold and grey and un-cozy. :p

Re the almighty American, egocentric or not, we ARE a major consumeristic nation, and a huge market to leave untapped…and that’s if you are completely ignoring the fact that England, Ireland, Scotland, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand (did I miss any?) are all English speaking nations, too. On top of the fact that English IS a universal language, and if you don’t speak French, there will still be a fair possibility that you might speak a smattering of English, so there would be the rest of the world, too.

3. TonicHome commented
    July 9th, 2008 at 3:31am

Holly – I’m loving all of this – especially that white chair and those stools – would be great in a beach condo we are doing.

What are your thoughts on the shipping issues with trying to get these kind of products to consumers in the US? It gets more and more expensive every day just trying to ship from the west to east coast in the US. As a business, we tend to shy away from these kind of companies just because of the shipping cost. Just curious what you have noticed out there.

4. Brooke commented
    July 9th, 2008 at 4:05am

I LOVE everything in this post! It’s funny, I’ve noticed some of those pieces before, I even ripped out a editorial spread that had those stools, just because i loved them so much, but never knew where they came from.

Thank you!

5. wendy commented
    July 10th, 2008 at 1:34pm

amazing work–I really adore the shelving. thanks for the find!

6. M?lanie commented
    July 12th, 2008 at 12:43pm

I love this brand ! I already have some pieces

7. Sue commented
    July 14th, 2008 at 10:45am

Thank you for that! I love this train of thought – picking up on what ever beauty is already there and going with the flow…

8. Allison commented
    September 25th, 2012 at 5:48pm

Hi Holly,
    Just ran across your sight! LOVE IT! I wanted to give you an update and let you know that the brand, Timothy Oulton, just acquired the company Bleu Nature and is starting to sell it’s products through their locations. Timothy Oulton just launched their flagship store in Dallas, Texas and recently opened their newest store in Amsterdam. Both places you can find Bleu Nature products for sell. Have a wonderful day!