Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

I nearly missed posting Etsy Take Five Tuesdays today. Oopsy Daisy! Thankfully I remembered just before the stroke of midnight because I have some lovely sellers to share with you with some very special finds ranging from custom fabric to puffy brooches, floral coasters, neon brights, and a man playing his accordion – oh my!

First up is June Craft in Chicago who is relatively new to Etsy. The scalloped edges on this gocco print are so refreshing to see, I don’t think I’ve spotted anything like it before. I just may have to order one… I also like the custom fabric that she designed and printed using Spoonflower (printing details here). It’s great to see people experimenting with Spoonflower.

Roadside is amazing. I randomly found Jayme McGowan while searching for something else totally unrelated on Etsy last night and sat here in shock that I hadn’t heard of her before. She and Roadside deserve major blog coverage because seriously, this work is unique and gorgeous. Wow.

I get so excited when I find quirky unique handmade things, like everything in the Toast Clothing store. These puffy pins are fantastic, don’t you think? How cute to add to your handbag or even a throw pillow.

I take my eyes off of the neon treasures at Raeburn Ink. It’s electric (boogie woogie)! I’m usually not big on neon hues but this stuff is fab, seems the designer really knows how to bring neon from the 1980’s into modern times in the most beautiful way ever. Seems to key to making neon work is to pair it with pastels or neutrals. So grand.

Alison Tauber in Brooklyn has a lot of very nice things. It all looks so comfortable and down-to-earth, and the subdued colors are grand. A few of her design motifs are somewhat retro so there’s this vintage charm about her wares that I really like. The hostess set is perfect, it comes with recipe cards and a tea towel. Great to gift a friend who has invited you over to dinner, especially if you just don’t feel like bringing another bottle of vino. Mix things up!

If you’ve missed previous Take Five Tuesdays, please click here to check them out. See you tomorrow!

(images linked to sources above)

Posted by decor8 in etsy, Etsy Take 5 Tuesday on July 09, 2008

1. karyn commented
    July 9th, 2008 at 5:37am

I’m in total agreement about Roadside, I came across her work looking for circus theme art and to say that her work is impressive is an understatement. I can’t believe that the prints are not actually 3D! They have such depth.

2. jen commented
    July 9th, 2008 at 7:08am

jayme at roadside is so sweet and talented. i just bought her “the fortune teller” original a few days ago and i can hardly wait ’til it arrives!

3. Christine commented
    July 9th, 2008 at 10:42am

Another great set of etsy shops, off to check them out now!

4. Shelli commented
    July 9th, 2008 at 2:38pm

oh everything is so lovely i can’t stand it! roadside’s work is SO SO GREAT! xo

5. Cicada Studio commented
    July 9th, 2008 at 2:43pm

JuneCraft is a recent favorite of mine. I hadn’t seen the others yet, thanks for pointing them out!

6. Jennifer Perkins - Naughty Secretary Club commented
    July 9th, 2008 at 3:54pm

Oh I love the colors in the Raeburn Ink things, can’t wait to go check out their store thanks for the tip. I am also drawn to the Roadside Paper Art. I saw her pieces on the Pretty Little Things Blog awhile back and went straight to Etsy and added her as a favorite.

7. Christina commented
    July 9th, 2008 at 9:47pm

Beautiful picks as always! Toast clothing is one of my faves too!

8. Mary Richmond commented
    July 10th, 2008 at 2:09pm

you always find such wonderful stuff to show us. thanks!

9. Furniture27 commented