uncategorized

Welcome to the New decor8!

July 28, 2008

Welcome! I’m so thrilled to share the new home of decor8 with you. Please update your decor8 links to my new location on the web: www.decor8blog.com. If you would like to subscribe to this blog via RSS, or if you’d like a mini decor8 newsletter to be delivered to your inbox, you can click on the Subscribe tab to your right (in the Search area) and enter your email there.

Welcome to the New decor8!

Based on past reader surveys, I gathered your feedback in regards to overall blog layout and design and tried to figure out how to incorporate the features that you asked for on decor8. This blog is a combination of your good ideas, features I have been dying to incorporate, and of course the amazing lead of Lorissa Shepstone from the design firm Being Wicked based just outside of London, England. I cannot thank this pro and her team enough. She has been the best person to work with and I highly recommend her to anyone looking to make changes to their blog or website. She ‘got’ my vision and well, here it is before you. Lorissa is genius.

I’d give you a tutorial of how to locate everything on this blog, but I think the layout is user friendly enough that you will find everything on your own. Basically all content is organized in two tabbed sections located directly above this post and above the two right columns. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the new layout and check out the blogroll, it’s pretty cool.

Thank you all for visiting me today on the new decor8, it’s exciting to show you around. I hope that you will enjoy the site going forward and if you have any suggestions or questions, please comment or send me an email using this groovy new form.

Thank you!

You Might Also Like

141 Comments

• Reply Cordelia July 28, 2008 at 4:13 pm

I really like the type face on this layout, and the notebook paper design with the little notes is really pretty :)

• Reply D. July 28, 2008 at 4:14 pm

Holly, the new site is fantastic! I’m in the coolest little single-origin coffee shop, and had a little countdown party for the big reveal. Kudos to your graphic artist, and to you for taking this leap.

• Reply jaana July 28, 2008 at 4:16 pm

Contratulations on your new site! It’s truly wicked ;)

• Reply Sara July 28, 2008 at 4:16 pm

Oh my! SO gorgeous, Holly! I love the whole feeling of the blog itself being an inspiration board (as it always has been, really…) and you’ve just got to know that the little butterfly is making my day.

How exciting! Best of luck to you at your “new home”!

Saras last blog post: Heliconius Sara

• Reply jo July 28, 2008 at 4:17 pm

congrats on the new site! the layout looks wonderful!

jos last blog post: sweet m.’s first photo shoot

• Reply jaana July 28, 2008 at 12:23 pm

Ahem… one thing I really like(d) in your blog is that all the links open in new windows. Would that be possible here as well? I wouldn’t like to interrupt my decor8 reading pleasure but to open links to other worlds somewhere behind and continue with them after decor8 enjoyment is over.

• Reply Sara July 28, 2008 at 12:23 pm

How exciting! Best of luck to you at your “new home”!

• Reply Juliette July 28, 2008 at 12:24 pm

yaaaaay! This was worth the wait – turned the laptop back on to check since it’s already 6:30pm here! It’s so fun! Congrats!

• Reply dawbis July 28, 2008 at 12:25 pm

looks great! congrats :) everything is pretty user-friendly too, love it!

dawbiss last blog post: Gocco for Sale!

• Reply Laurie C. July 28, 2008 at 12:25 pm

Looks great! congrats on the new (web)home!e!

Laurie C.s last blog post: oh, hi again.

• Reply kati July 28, 2008 at 12:25 pm

This is just awesome, Holly. I love the nav bar to the right and the content to the left. *sigh* It’s so perfect visually and organizationally – I just love it. I think this is my favourite blog re-design ever. I can’t stop GUSHING!

katis last blog post: Bembo’s Zoo

• Reply ericka July 28, 2008 at 12:26 pm

Holly..It looks great..very open and airy! Job well done..I have updated my link to you… & yeah I’m with D., I felt like I was waiting on a movie premiere…YAY for Holly!

• Reply Tonya July 28, 2008 at 12:27 pm

Ooh, I love it. Well done.

Tonyas last blog post: FROM ME TO YOU …

• Reply Ez July 28, 2008 at 12:27 pm

YAY Holly! The new decor8 is FABULOUS! All your hard work truly shows! Congratulations! I’m off to explore!

xoxo
    Ez

Ezs last blog post: Inspiration Daily: 7 .28 .08

• Reply Kerren July 28, 2008 at 12:28 pm

WOW! This is great, Holly. Ever since I discovered decor8, your site has been my “pick-me-up” every morning with my first cup of coffee at work. What a delightful new look…an even better “pick-me-upper”.

• Reply jen July 28, 2008 at 11:29 am

Love the new site, the tabs, colors, links, etc. Just great!

jens last blog post: quilt show

• Reply Shay July 28, 2008 at 11:31 am

Holly,
    Love your new site. It is easier for me to read, which I do every morning. All the best, I’m looking forward to following your journey to Germany.
    You inspire me !!!

• Reply marybeth July 28, 2008 at 11:32 am

oh Holly this is just Stupendous!!!!
    I’m going to contact your designer.
    Congratulations on your new beautiful Blog Home.
    Im off to press your new link buttons!
    xo

• Reply molly July 28, 2008 at 11:33 am

It’s beautiful Holly! Congratulations!

mollys last blog post: 2009 Calendar… sneak peek

• Reply Anna @ D16 July 28, 2008 at 11:33 am

WOW, Holly! It looks GREAT! Congratulations, you must feel so proud. :)

Anna @ D16s last blog post: The first part of my commute.

• Reply LayersofMeaning July 28, 2008 at 11:36 am

WOW! I love the new site!
    Congratulations!

LayersofMeanings last blog post: This weekend…

• Reply Lauren July 28, 2008 at 11:36 am

Beautiful!! I am so loving this new design. Congrats and thank you for all you do to keep us inspired!

Laurens last blog post: Sketchy

• Reply paola July 28, 2008 at 11:37 am

God you’re good!

It’s really great… congratulations…

paolas last blog post: Wii Fit and Paul McKenna Weight Loss Challenge – Update

• Reply PJ July 28, 2008 at 12:41 pm

I love the new look! Congrats on making your vision a reality.

PJs last blog post: my anthropologie purchases

• Reply Kristen July 28, 2008 at 12:45 pm

Just beautiful! Your designer gets major props, and you get even more for the gorgeous vision.

• Reply modish July 28, 2008 at 12:47 pm

It looks beautiful, congrats Holly! :)

• Reply megan July 28, 2008 at 12:50 pm

it looks GREAT, holly! congratulations! yay!

megans last blog post: un, deux, trois…friday!

• Reply mpho July 28, 2008 at 12:51 pm

Your blog’s new layout remind me of a beautifully made scarpping book that could say a lots about the owner.

• Reply Nidhi July 28, 2008 at 12:54 pm

This looks so amazing! so many nice details. It is so much faster to upload than the old site as well. congratulations!

• Reply Laurelsl July 28, 2008 at 12:55 pm

Yeah, you rock. I really appriciate of all your inspiration posted on your official site. I view your site every morning in my office when having my breakfast. I had also started my blog last week, share my findings to my friends. Because I think many of my friends (Hk people) should love to see various kinds of home decor / design elements findings from different region worldwide.
    Thanks for all your sharing and you are working hard that you have the new materials update every day.
    Contratulations on the new web site:)

• Reply Little Paper Dog July 28, 2008 at 12:58 pm

Hip hip hooray! I Love the new look and everything is very well organized. Love. Love. Love.

Little Paper Dogs last blog post: Business Cards

• Reply bu&bau July 28, 2008 at 12:58 pm

Congrats for the new site look. It’s great!
    And you’re right, it’s very user friendly.

bu&baus last blog post: Spring handbag

• Reply Rita Vindedzis July 28, 2008 at 1:06 pm

Holly I love love love the new Decor8 Blog. It’s fabulous. Congratulations!!

• Reply Jenean July 28, 2008 at 1:06 pm

Now, how am I supposed to get any work done this morning? This site is stunningly beautiful and there is so much explore! I can’t leave! Congratulations on your great new layout!! Well done!

• Reply Rachael July 28, 2008 at 1:09 pm

It’s gorgeous – I just love new design!

• Reply Katja July 28, 2008 at 1:10 pm

This is lovely! Congrats on the new site, Holly!

Katjas last blog post: Words to Live By

• Reply decor8 July 28, 2008 at 1:11 pm

This feedback is all so helpful, I’m pleased to know that you are all happy so far! :) I hope you have fun exploring today. I need a cocktail! he he! But I’ll be back to blog as soon as I finish more testing.

Holly

• Reply Sara July 28, 2008 at 1:16 pm

Just beautiful! Congratulations!

• Reply Christa July 28, 2008 at 1:19 pm

Oh Holly, i’m so in love with your new Blog! There are so many cool things to explore. And the layout is absolutely my style! Of course i will be on this page so often.
    All the best! Christa

• Reply Ann July 28, 2008 at 1:22 pm

Love the new site. I love this comment luv feature, too.

I think it would be cute to change favorite 8 to favor8.

Also, speaking of 8. how do you pronounce your site’s name, like the word decorate or like the D?cor eight?

Anns last blog post: Random facts and observations about Ukraine

• Reply decor8 July 28, 2008 at 1:27 pm

jaana – thanks for letting me know this. lorissa is working on this now so most links will open in a new page.

ann – decor8 is a play on the word decorate, so the pronunciation is the same as the word. however lots of people say decor (pause) eight and that’s fine too, I honestly don’t care either way since they both sound nearly the same and i find even myself saying it both ways! but it’s decorate.

• Reply Heather Moore July 28, 2008 at 1:29 pm

Big congratulations! What a beautiful, beautiful blog, and the best comments form ever too!

• Reply Danae July 28, 2008 at 1:49 pm

Gorgeous! Love everything about it!

• Reply Laundrybasketcase July 28, 2008 at 1:53 pm

I’m so excited about the new decor8! It looks beautiful. Great job!

Laundrybasketcases last blog post: I’ll be back tomorrow…

• Reply michelle July 28, 2008 at 1:55 pm

Congrats H! It looks so great, very stylish and also friendly for use. Nice.

michelles last blog post: Thermo imaging

• Reply Turquoise July 28, 2008 at 1:56 pm

OH MY GOODNESS…the new site looks wonderful and the navigation and layout is awesome!

Well done my dear!

• Reply lindsay July 28, 2008 at 1:58 pm

It’s fabulous Holly! I think the new site really reflects your taste. It’s a great new layout, sure to bring decor8 readers back for more :)

Congrats on your accomplishments!

lindsays last blog post: Squeeze…

• Reply Kim July 28, 2008 at 2:01 pm

wow! the new blog looks great! love the new look! esp the fresh color scheme! congrats!!

• Reply Tory July 28, 2008 at 2:02 pm

Just lovely! Congratulations!

Torys last blog post: Of Note

• Reply Erin @ Bride Design July 28, 2008 at 2:04 pm

Love the new look! The notebook paper is adorable…

Erin @ Bride Designs last blog post: Must-See Mondays: Any Movie with credits by Saul Bass

• Reply Miranda July 28, 2008 at 2:08 pm

This looks great, Holly! I love your new home.

Mirandas last blog post: Flashback Friday: Flying the friendly skies

• Reply laura dodson July 28, 2008 at 2:10 pm

man alive! your new site is very spiffy indeed! it is so easy to find everything and it looks great. way to go!

• Reply twinsgarden July 28, 2008 at 2:14 pm

Great look! Love your new site! Herzlichen Gl?ckwunsch – congratulations!

twinsgardens last blog post: Flickr Foto am Montag

• Reply jaime July 28, 2008 at 2:15 pm

Congrats Holly – it looks fantastic!

• Reply Design for Mankind July 28, 2008 at 2:15 pm

I love it, my dear! Congrats! :)

Design for Mankinds last blog post: sarajo frieden.

• Reply Mithi July 28, 2008 at 2:15 pm

Congratulations Holly! Its looking fab!

Mithis last blog post: "Watching" photomontage

• Reply Marilyn July 28, 2008 at 2:23 pm

The new look is gorgeous, I’m really loving it!

• Reply Jessie July 28, 2008 at 2:25 pm

Beautiful, Holly! Can’t wait to look around a little more.

Jessies last blog post: as American as apple pie

• Reply annie July 28, 2008 at 2:26 pm

i love the new site :) this is definitely an upgrade from blogger, thats for sure!

annies last blog post: buckle your seat belts original collage

• Reply erin July 28, 2008 at 2:29 pm

holly the new sites so pretty and easy to navigate!!! i’m really loving the imagery and the way you categorized everything in the “faves” section!

i’m a long time reader, but i was curious if you have you ever posted pics of your home??? you just have such great taste- i would love to see it!!

…but i can understand if its too personal, and you want to keep it private.

• Reply Jeska July 28, 2008 at 2:33 pm

Just got in from work and couldn’t wait to stop by and see the new site and it doesn’t disappoint, Congratulations Holly it’s great!

Jeskas last blog post: Variety

• Reply moodboard July 28, 2008 at 2:34 pm

Congrats Holly! I’ve enjoyed reading Haus Maus on a regular basis now too.

• Reply Heather* July 28, 2008 at 2:36 pm

Congratulations on the new layout! It looks fantastic and i am having fun navigating about … as always, such an inspiration. thanks!!

• Reply Cicada Studio July 28, 2008 at 2:38 pm

Way to go! This looks fantastic.

Cicada Studios last blog post: Honing In

• Reply alicia July 28, 2008 at 2:49 pm

The new site is gorgeous! I love the background, fabric/texture. Can’t wait to start browsing your fun new links.

• Reply april July 28, 2008 at 2:51 pm

Absolutely beautiful! It is so refreshing to view a site that is cohesive and complete with a lovely attention to detail!

• Reply Tracey July 28, 2008 at 2:54 pm

Great new look while still maintaining the feel of the original! Well done!

• Reply Timothy July 28, 2008 at 3:00 pm

Well done Holly!!! The new site is blends style and functionality seamlessly. Congrats!

Timothys last blog post: Radiation and Radon in Granite Countertops

• Reply Dev Tandon July 28, 2008 at 3:01 pm

Congratulations from the team at Trunkt! The new site design is beautiful.

• Reply Laura July 28, 2008 at 3:03 pm

BRAVO!! it’s so gorgeous and so user friendly.

Lauras last blog post: My Fingers Hurt!

• Reply Dariela July 28, 2008 at 3:18 pm

Love your new blog! I was dying to get to use a search engine in your blog!! Excellent!!

• Reply Uncle Beefy July 28, 2008 at 3:24 pm

Oh, Holly…I’m soooo sorry that “no one” has commented on the blog’s new look. ;) If it’s any consolation, I think it looks SPECTACULARIFFILICIOUS!!! Really does look smashing and well worth all the efforts! (I know…easy for us to say!)

Well done, indeed! :)

Uncle Beefys last blog post: A blushing Beefy.

• Reply jess gonacha July 28, 2008 at 3:29 pm

congrats, holly! the site looks fantastic. you must be thrilled!!

jess gonachas last blog post: new pattern: squares

• Reply Alexis July 28, 2008 at 3:51 pm

We just love your blog over at Shop Across Texas! And the new layout/design is beautiful! Thanks for your inspiration.

• Reply daisy janie / scoutie girl July 28, 2008 at 4:03 pm

Absolutely beautiful!!! Congratulations on your growth & new website and may all the best still be on the horizon!

• Reply alli coate July 28, 2008 at 4:11 pm

It’s lovely! Congrats, Holly.

• Reply laura dodson July 28, 2008 at 4:13 pm

love it! and the favor8 idea is perfect.

:o)

laura dodsons last blog post: Geography Lessons :: Oregon

• Reply Anna July 28, 2008 at 4:18 pm

Oh, wow! It’s so pretty! It reminds me of a cross between making it lovely and design sponge. Congratulations! :)

• Reply Kathleen July 28, 2008 at 4:32 pm

Congrats on the new site Holly, it looks just amazing! So many new things to look at. I’m not sure it is updating on bloglines yet…but I’ll keep an eye out:) Congrats again!

Kathleens last blog post: Everything old is new again

• Reply decor8 July 28, 2008 at 4:34 pm

Anna good eye! Making it Lovely was one blog I was inspired by in the later part of the design, but the other blog I was totally inspired by was Delicious Days. Another blog I love is Creature Comforts since she has a visual blogroll that I wanted so badly but in a very different way because I always have to have things “feel” like me and not like someone else’s blog. I have to say though I had this site design on paper a year ago in this design, with tabs and 3 columns with content to the left, but so many blogs beat me to it since I didn’t have the budget to cover this redesign when I wanted to and it took me a long time to find the right person for the job. I’m glad I had the extra time because I tweaked so much and I’m extremely happy to have my vision and that of my designer Lorissa on it. It’s like a dream come true for me to launch this site today. :)

• Reply Pink Sky July 28, 2008 at 4:37 pm

Congratulations! You are one of the hardest working women on the web.

The site looks great, and you made your deadline!

• Reply deb @ nahcotta July 28, 2008 at 4:44 pm

Your new site looks great! Congratulations!

deb @ nahcottas last blog post: landscapes…

• Reply Queen of the Click July 28, 2008 at 4:47 pm

The new layout is beautiful! I love it!

Queen of the Clicks last blog post: Giveaway – Knot heads & Amazon Gift Certificate

• Reply Tara Hogan July 28, 2008 at 4:51 pm

LOVE IT!!!! So you, so cool, congrats

• Reply steven July 28, 2008 at 4:55 pm

Wowzer..its lovely and clean and so you, and makes my heart go boom boom boom…but i think you knew that already..xx

stevens last blog post: belated birthday gift

• Reply violetkey July 28, 2008 at 5:08 pm

Beautiful! Love all the little design details like paper clips and staples.

• Reply koria July 28, 2008 at 5:09 pm

Congrats Holly! New decor8 looks just great, and after looking around I noticed it is very user-frienly as well. Many thanks for your efforts!

korias last blog post: I heart Moleskine

• Reply Jenn S. July 28, 2008 at 5:11 pm

Yay, Holly! The new design looks wonderful! And I can’t wait to start getting the decor8 newsletter ;)

BTW – I’m drooling over everything in the “Favorite 8” section right now…those bookends are about the cutest thing ever!

Jenn S.s last blog post: Riviera Interiors – Summer 2008

• Reply Stockton July 28, 2008 at 5:11 pm

I love the new look! It’s perfect, very clean but lots of lovely detail at the same time.

• Reply L2 July 28, 2008 at 5:19 pm

Adorable new website! How is it possible that it’s even more aesthetically pleasing than the last? Love the organization tabs as well.

L2s last blog post: C&O Canal x2, part 2

• Reply Samantha July 28, 2008 at 5:28 pm

Amazingly beautiful. I love the new site!

• Reply Yvonne July 28, 2008 at 5:39 pm

IT’S PERFECT!! Congratulations Holly, everything looks and feels perfect. I’m going to plan a day to browse through all your contents. Happy new home :o)

• Reply sia July 28, 2008 at 5:47 pm

Really loving the look and feel of your website… Congratulations, Holly!

• Reply decor8 July 28, 2008 at 5:53 pm

I am aglow just reading all of your praise! I had knots in my stomach all morning before launch, I was so excited but also hopeful that you’d love it as much as I do. And of course stressed — I was praying the site redirect would work because I’d never switched platforms before. I look forward to building the site from here, the Wanted section will be very cool (top secret right now!) and the Faves section will be expanded between now and end of August since I still don’t have all of the interviews there and I want to break down more of the Faves section. And of course category tagging. I have 1,500 posts ‘uncategorized’ that need assigned so I’ll work on that this week some more.

Again, many thanks.

Oh and I’m psyched you are liking CommentLuv. You can also subscribe to post comments in case you are involved in a particular discussion and want to be updated via email to receive notification that someone commented after you did.

Holly

• Reply minouette July 28, 2008 at 5:58 pm

Congratulations Holly!
    New site looks great.
    Best wishes,
    Ele (aka minouette)

minouettes last blog post: The Cottonwood Trail linocut – Limited Edition

• Reply Domestic Chicky July 28, 2008 at 6:14 pm

It’s BEYOND gorgeous – congratulations!

Domestic Chickys last blog post: Bloggy Giveaways – Dymo Labelmaker Kit

• Reply Rosa July 28, 2008 at 6:22 pm

Love the new site and look! Congrats. (Updated done!)

Rosas last blog post: Abby

• Reply Sarah July 28, 2008 at 6:30 pm

love the update! it’s beautiful site :)

• Reply fanny July 28, 2008 at 6:43 pm

wow this is lovely.
    xx fanny

fannys last blog post: on the subway

• Reply Rick Bucich July 28, 2008 at 7:09 pm

Congratulations on the new launch! I like the clean design.

• Reply Valerie Parizeault July 28, 2008 at 7:42 pm

How pretty! I just love the new design! Congrats and cheers!

• Reply isi July 28, 2008 at 7:47 pm

hi holly! great great renovation!
    looking forward to more inspiration from your site. and i am learning alot

isis last blog post: pick up and delivery of the 2nd batch of cupcake stands

• Reply Leigh July 28, 2008 at 7:48 pm

I love the new site and design Holly!

Leighs last blog post: Charlie Price

• Reply Sam July 28, 2008 at 7:59 pm

It really is just so lovely! There is so much information on the front page but it does not look cluttered. How did you manage it? What a pleasure it will be to visit each day.

Sams last blog post: Pulled Along

• Reply Shashi July 28, 2008 at 8:24 pm

It’s so lovely, it really looks great Holly.

Shashis last blog post: Decor8’s New Design!

• Reply Liza July 28, 2008 at 8:34 pm

hi holly,

i love your new home! its design is simply lovely; i hope it makes your life easier. this is one of my favorite blogs, and i just love a good before & after!

Lizas last blog post: Bubbling Over in Prep Star – A Set of 6 Cards

• Reply julia July 28, 2008 at 8:35 pm

Congratulations Holly! The site looks wonderful.

• Reply sabrina July 28, 2008 at 9:09 pm

Beautifull!!!!

sabrinas last blog post: Tic tacs duplos [Ref.a001]

• Reply lillianna July 28, 2008 at 9:34 pm

Love it!

Wonderful job to everyone involved :)

• Reply Arch July 28, 2008 at 9:43 pm

Dear Holly,

Congratulations! It looks lovely and love all the new features:-)
    All the very best!

Arch

Archs last blog post: Illustration Love…

• Reply Julie July 28, 2008 at 9:45 pm

I clicked over from my sitemeter not really noticing the new url and bam! I see this explosion of loveliness! It looks wonderful, Holly :)

Julies last blog post: at a loss for words

• Reply Nichole July 28, 2008 at 10:42 pm

WOW! I love the new site! It’s so pretty! Great work!

• Reply Monica A July 28, 2008 at 10:46 pm

Congratulations!! What a great looking blog!!

• Reply all things bright and beautiful July 28, 2008 at 10:51 pm

Holly! love the new look! and congratulations!

all things bright and beautifuls last blog post: An elephant who inspires…..

• Reply Making it Lovely July 28, 2008 at 11:11 pm

It’s beautiful, Holly. Congratulations!

I’m glad I can be a part of the inspiration. ;)

Making it Lovelys last blog post: FAQ: How Did You Start Pink Loves Brown?

• Reply adriene July 28, 2008 at 11:11 pm

it’s lovely. I love the fabric background.

• Reply Marisa and Creative July 28, 2008 at 11:35 pm

Congratulations!!! It’s beautiful!!!

Marisa and Creatives last blog post: Meta?s room

• Reply leah July 28, 2008 at 11:46 pm

It’s gorgeous! Congrats to you and Lor on a great looking site!

• Reply Christine July 29, 2008 at 4:15 am

I absolutely LOVE the new look! It goes really well with the overall “feel” of your writing. Congrats!

Christines last blog post: 6 tips for battling creative block

• Reply Andrea July 29, 2008 at 5:59 am

Congratulations for the new design. It is a pleasure to read. And for my part I love to have details like quick links for a short overview. And I really like this textures.

Andreas last blog post: Kochen f?r Afrika

• Reply jody July 29, 2008 at 9:24 am

holly, the new site is absolutely lovely! it’s the perfect design to complement your blog and gets the “feel” just right. i do have one small problem though and maybe it’s just my laptop, but i’m having a hard time reading w/this new font. i like the sans serif, but the font seems choppy or pixelated or something…. i’m not on a high res mac so it may just be me or i may just need to get used to it. it really is a gorgeous site though!

• Reply please sir July 29, 2008 at 9:39 am

The new site looks great! Did you include a visible RSS subscribe button? I didn’t see one, but would be helpful for rss readers. Thanks!

please sirs last blog post: Falling Over Work

• Reply Manvi Drona Hidalgo July 29, 2008 at 9:47 am

Holly,
    I love your new site. The style is so you.
    Thanks for enhancing the reader experience.I cant wait to explore it further.

Manvi Drona Hidalgos last blog post: Dwell on prefab homes

• Reply Judit Gueth July 29, 2008 at 10:16 am

Hi Holly,

The new blog looks great! It’s definitely a challenge to fit all the different topics on the screen, but you did a really good job organizing them!

• Reply anne July 29, 2008 at 11:16 am

hi, first of all, I love your new design :) It is truly a “one of a kind”.
    But, two negatives; you have an 404 error on the button/page “interested in advertising here”. (not interested, just curios)
    Secondly, the ads all look nice and clean. But I realy dont like that they are blinking, it is very disturbing and it means that Ill chose to read through feed.

• Reply decor8 July 29, 2008 at 11:28 am

Thanks Anne. Where is the 404 error you are seeing, I cannot locate it. Can you please be more specific (with a link)? I want to correct this right away.

I moved the same ads from the former decor8 over here so maybe you just didn’t notice them before? If you hold down your left mouse button when you scroll the blog using the slider to the right the flashing stops and they become static. Just a little nav tip.

Thank you for saying hello!

Holly

• Reply lea July 29, 2008 at 12:31 pm

your site looks so good! i love the feel of the page and how it looks like fabric. decor8 was already one of my favorite daily reads, and now i cant stop looking at the design!

congrats!

• Reply Jude July 29, 2008 at 12:49 pm

What else can I add that hasn’t already been said?!! The new design is fabulous and congrats are definitely in order.

• Reply H is for Home July 29, 2008 at 1:36 pm

Hi Holly,

The new site looks fabulous- great design & layout- you’ve just raised the bar for the rest of us!

It’s really easy to navigate too. Love the daily news & quick links!

Luv,
    Adelle & Justin x

• Reply anne July 29, 2008 at 1:39 pm

The 404 isnt there no more, but was on http://decor8blog.com/advertise/I checked it twice before I told you so I dont know why it didnt work.

Thanks for the tip for nonblinking ads! I have a mac with a pad so I dont have a left button but am sure I can find a correnspondent for the mac.

Im going to move from blogspot too WP myself soon, so this move is especially interesting for me :)

keep up the good work!

• Reply jody July 29, 2008 at 2:06 pm

i’m not sure if you did something different in the last few hours, but the font looks different and is much easier to scan/read. looks great!

• Reply Meg July 29, 2008 at 5:01 pm

great new site! don’t take tod thing!

Megs last blog post: Vintage Yellow Pressed Glass Dish

• Reply susie July 29, 2008 at 7:51 pm

2 words – ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!

• Reply nathalie July 30, 2008 at 12:12 am

this looks amazing!!! awesome job!!!!!!!

nathalies last blog post: bff carly…

• Reply Seth July 30, 2008 at 12:13 am

beautifully designed site! congrats!

• Reply noelle July 30, 2008 at 10:16 am

Holly, the new site looks wonderful! There’s so much to explore, I love it:)

noelles last blog post: ACEO – echo park – California Series

• Reply Chris July 30, 2008 at 6:12 pm

Delicious design feast.

• Reply Jennae @ Green Your Decor July 30, 2008 at 6:28 pm

I love, love, love the new design! It is fresh and inspiring ??just what I’d expect from Decor8. The colors and textures are beautiful! Makes me want to redesign my own blog :)

Jennae @ Green Your Decors last blog post: Green Rooms in a Box Series: A Graphic, Nature-Inspired Bedroom Under $5000

• Reply jan July 31, 2008 at 2:34 am

Congrats Holly – it really is well thought out and easy to navigate and a nice cozy place.

jans last blog post: kindling

• Reply decor8 July 31, 2008 at 9:56 am

Thank you Jan so much. :)

• Reply Hypnosis Melbourne August 30, 2008 at 8:02 am

Always good to read what you have to say