Currently Adoring…

We all go through phases. One minute we can’t stop obsessing over a gray sofa, the next we’re hot on some slinky black cocktail dress. I’ve accepted that it’s perfectly normal and not at all strange to so passionately like pink one day and green the next. Before authoring this blog, I thought I was nuts for having so much on my radar. Then I met all of you and realized that Design ADD is more common than I’d realized. We’re all creatures fascinated with interiors and fashion and that’s completely fine. I think we all belong in Paris personally. I should try to find a nice big house there and we can all move in and just roam the streets taking it in. Ah the thought. Paris is one big design blog anyway.

Would you like to see what was on my mind when I woke up this morning? Other than packing luggage and completing pre-flight errands in time, of course!

First, Tim Walker and his new book. This is definitely going on my coffee table. There’s an 09 calendar too. I wrote a little about him over at Real Simple today. This man walks on water. Wouldn’t you love to be photographed by him?

And I’ll admit Kate Spade’s Behind the Curtain still keeps me mildly entertained each month. This month they have their director of visual display in the spotlight, her name is Ruth Parsons. I like the free desktop wallpapers available for download this month. Seeing the arrangement of interesting objects thrills me.

And Paul Costello. Goodness. Here’s another supercalifragilisticexpialidocious photographer. In addition to his work, his website is beyond fabulous. Another man we’d all love to be photographed by.

Finally… Design dorks unite! Unrelated to interiors but all about design, did you know that you can custom design your own pair of keds? I think every artist should try it and wear your shoes proudly! Even non-artists, if you are creative give it a whirl. Too fun.

And because this isn’t the Holly Show… What are you feeling lately? Any inspirations out there that you’d like to share?

(images linked to sources above)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on August 06, 2008

1. lindsay commented
    August 6th, 2008 at 12:09pm

Tim Walker…swoon! I love his work. His vision is so magical.

lindsays last blog post: Let’s hear it for the D…

2. Shelly DeVous commented
    August 6th, 2008 at 12:17pm
  3. cindy k commented
    August 6th, 2008 at 12:44pm

i love everything you have here and really want to design my own keds! i eyeball chuck taylors, but always go back to keds.

the current edition of selvedge magazine has an article about tim walker and the cover photo is magical – http://www.selvedge.org/default.aspx.

i also love the crepe paper flowers of jude miller – http://judemiller.com/index.htm.

cindy ks last blog post: glorious crepe paper flowers

4. cindy k commented
    August 6th, 2008 at 12:48pm

holly – i just noticed that when we post a comment you list our latest blog entry. i’ve never seen that before and it is the nicest thing to do. thank you!

cindy ks last blog post: glorious crepe paper flowers

5. Shell Mackay commented
    August 6th, 2008 at 1:54pm

thanks for those links – especially the Tim Walker one. I am going to be in London in the next 3 weeks so now have planned in a visit to the exhibit at the Design Museum as well as a stop in at the DM shop *faints*

Shell Mackays last blog post: I am already drooling

6. megan commented
    August 6th, 2008 at 2:33pm

those tim walker images are perfection — i am so ordering that calendar! thanks, holly!

megans last blog post: an awesome present from an awesome shop.

7. Frida commented
    August 6th, 2008 at 2:59pm

I am totally hooked on vintage phones at the moment! :-)

Fridas last blog post: Missoni ?ppnar designhotell

8. alicia commented
    August 6th, 2008 at 3:18pm

I think Flickr is still my biggest inspiration. I am just amazed at the talent and could get lost there for days. And, now this season…the end of summer as we look towards fall makes every day feel like a gift.

Save me a room in the Paris house! -A.

9. Jeska commented
    August 6th, 2008 at 3:23pm

Great post, lovely pictures and links so inspiring as always.

My brain is overloading with pretty things since I joined this internet community!

Jeskas last blog post: Jennifer Morris Beads

10. Tracey commented
    August 6th, 2008 at 5:47pm

I am inspired by everything- that would be the problem! To be with a photographer for a day- I would like to live in their whimsical world.

11. lindsey commented
    August 6th, 2008 at 6:40pm

Oh, the Time Walker photos are like candy. Yum!

{ Lindsey }

12. Siw commented
    August 6th, 2008 at 7:07pm

Hello, yes l love Tim Walker too, the book is alredy on my table :)
    I like your new layout.
    SOMMER HILSEN FRA NORGE- SUMMER REGARDS FROM NORWAY

Siws last blog post: lamps

13. jo commented
    August 6th, 2008 at 7:31pm

That’s so funny – my hubby and I were just talking last nite – I was telling him how ‘blogland’ makes me feel normal and that I’m not alone in my design inspired crazyness – and that someone out there will understand me and not look at me strangely when I get all enthused about something!!! x
    PS. I like being part of the DesignADD club : )

jos last blog post:

14. Jen commented
    August 6th, 2008 at 8:18pm

OMG!!!! I am sooo excited about designing my own keds!! Thanks so much for sharing the great news!! :)

Jens last blog post: Rockin’ and a rollin’..

15. Denise Smith commented
    August 6th, 2008 at 10:35pm

Frida said she was hooked on vintage phones…well August Domino shows a pic of a “vintage” phone…that my husband and I had hanging in our newlywed pad…and we ARE NOT that old! Yikes!! How could something be vintage and from my lifetime???
    Well, seriously, I AM nostalgic for all things 60s and 70s. On my next visit to my mom’s house, I am going to take some of my childhood photos and scan them and create “Authentic” color stories! How’s that for an inspiration?

Denise Smiths last blog post: Exterior Style Interior Style

16. Simone commented
    August 6th, 2008 at 10:41pm

LOL, i NEEDED this post. Its so true, how can one one day adore purples and gypsy-esque detail then the next love green and white and not much else? I think it should be a condition employers need to be aware of, because naturally they are going to get designers who can design different looks well, but they are also going to get people that literally need to see a minimum of four different colour combination’s working well in each day, or they start drooping.

I just had a meeting with my manager about my internet use and unrelated work sites (I’m a web designer… yes she is new to web design, and YES she was quite understanding when i explained… thank god!) I think i might have to send her the next from your blog entry.. might help her understand further.

Simones last blog post: Welcome to my world

17. Anna Spiro commented
    August 6th, 2008 at 11:52pm

Oh my goodness Holly – your new site looks beautiful!!! I’m just catching up on all of my favourite blogs and got such a lovely surprise when I dropped in here on you!! It’s gorgeous!!
    x
    Anna

Anna Spiros last blog post: Hello!

18. [michele] commented
    August 7th, 2008 at 6:59am

Right now I’m obsessed with felty goodness and softies.

I love checking out http://softiescentral.typepad.com/blog/ and http://plushyou.blogspot.com/ each day.

I’m dying to buy some prints here: http://gorjuss.deviantart.com/store/?itemtypeids=1-2-11 and here: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5525146 and here: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5567113

And of course, I adore http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5071031 and http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=97521 !

:) Michele

[michele]s last blog post: Week Four/Twenty Four C day

19. Christine commented
    August 7th, 2008 at 9:10am

I am wondering about the books pictured with the blue horse- 50’s 60’s and 70’s design. Do you know anything about them? Author or if I can get them on amazon?? Thanks!

20. Shell Mackay commented
    August 7th, 2008 at 12:47pm

Christine those books are Charlotte Fiell and yes Amazon has them

Shell Mackays last blog post: Now I lay me down to sleep

21. Cassandra commented
    August 8th, 2008 at 10:26am

I was just thinking about design/fashion ADD yesterday, as I am the worst. Or, at least I thought I was! Sometimes it’s annoying to jump around so much – one day I’m in love with bright colors and must have everything bright, and the next day I’m obsessed with gothicism. I’m glad I’m not the only one whose mind is everywhere at once!

Cassandras last blog post: Today is my birthday…

22. tig commented
    August 8th, 2008 at 9:44pm

Tim Walker is definitely a fav. The new site looks great.

tigs last blog post: {happy weekend}

Trackbacks and Pingbacks