Beautiful Bedrooms + Decorating Tips

Hello everyone, this is Jennifer Ramos from Made By Girl. I’m excited to be the guest blogger here at decor8 today!

I’m the designer and owner of an online shop called MadeByGirl.com based out of Henderson, Nevada. We sell fun & colorful greeting cards (printed on 100% recycled paper) as well as many colorful posters. I decided to start the cards and poster business as a means of expressing myself and hopefully inspiring others to start implementing a more environmentally friendly way of conducting business. I don’t believe your every move has to be a green one, but one or two things you do, are one or two things less damaging to our earth. Ok, enough GREEN talk for now, and on to my picks of BEAUTIFUL BEDROOMS that make you want to get up and start redecorating yours as soon as possible!

First is this silver wallpaper bedroom from Living Etc. This bedroom appeals to me in so many ways. The first word I think of is Glamorous and extremely feminine. I love how the silver wallpaper just brings this room to life along with the artwork of the cartoon glitter girl. The floor seems dull but barely noticeable due to all the reflective surfaces & vibrant accessories.

Next is the black wall Goth-Glam bedroom, also from Living Etc. The black walls behind the massive headboard give this room a slightly gothic but glam feel. Even though one wall is painted very dark, the room still remains very bright. This is because of the large windows, the mirror on the dresser door and the light color used for the bed sheets. Design tip: Contrast provides an interesting visual appeal, but you have to be sure to offset the dark walls with plenty of light or bright colors.

I also like this bookshelf behind the bed via Marie Claire Maison. The bedroom in this photo has always reminded me of a small apartment I had when I lived in New York City. It’s small but cozy and the bookshelf behind the bed gives it a sense of height. They use an interesting mix of modern and antique styles such as the gilded frame surrounded by Christmas lights and the IKEA locker at the foot of the bed for storage.

Now for something girly… How about the patchwork quilt bedroom as seen over at Mi Casa Revista? This room is full of vibrant colors that extend from the bed to the walls. The turquoise wallpaper is such an important part of the decor here, it compliments the dresser and the bed sheets. There is a consistent theme and use of color but the colors aren’t overdone. Seems almost comforting to me.

With stark white walls, this bedroom is decorated with mismatched frames and a variety of styles. The analogous color scheme draws the eyes to the artwork and the different types of patterns used on the fabrics on the bed. This room is in the home of Liza Giles who works as a senior stylist for Designers Guild and it is one of my favorites. This image is from Inside Out Magazine photographed by James Merrell. See more of this Giles’ home right here.

An off white bedroom can appeal to both sexes quite well. The height of the room adds to its grandeur. White brick walls have always been a favorite of mine and is very reminiscent of a loft I lived in when I was in NYC. Decor for this bedroom is subdued and relaxing, even the disco-ball styled lamp is off white which prevents if from standing out too much. Image via: New York Magazine.

I’m such a sucker for tufted headboards and this one is no exception. Kelly Wearstler designed this space with exceptional symmetry. I like how the mirrors are placed over the side dressers and the boxed frame over the bed gives this room a sophisticated and luxurious feel.

Even though this room is is all white, the artwork and its colors really bring it to life. You can use the colors in your artwork as a guide to bring in other accessories with similar colors, such as pillows, lamps and in this case a turquoise dresser. Via: Living Etc.

Bonus Image! My (Jennifer) Bedroom!
My own bedroom was easy since I knew what I wanted. I love the use of bright colors as accents, so the pillows and the Beatles pictures made sense together. The theme was slightly rock ‘n roll but still sophisticated and stylish. The wallpaper running from behind the side dresser to the top of the ceiling are actually from a scrapbook. They were glued together and tacked onto the dark charcoal wall. – Jennifer from Made By Girl.

(all text written by jennifer ramos for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in bedroom, guest bloggers on August 14, 2008

1. Chrissy@TheHome commented
    August 14th, 2008 at 11:15am

Black walls and metallic wallpapers – I love those bold looks!!

2. Rachel commented
    August 14th, 2008 at 11:16am

You always find the most amazing rooms! And the papers you used in your room are brilliant!

3. erin commented
    August 14th, 2008 at 12:06pm

great bedroom picks jennifer! i love your blog, and happy to see you are one of the guest bloggers on decor8!

4. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    August 14th, 2008 at 1:08pm

Wonderful round up Jennifer! Thanks for all your great inspiration…I especially love that Liza Giles room! Your room is so lovely too, I love your idea of using the scrapbook papers! Genius!
    xo
    Melissa

5. Sabina commented
    August 14th, 2008 at 2:28pm

Exquisite Photos!! Love it all!!

Sabinas last blog post: Sadako – Prayer For Peace

6. visualingual commented
    August 14th, 2008 at 5:21pm

This is a great, varied, and inspiring roundup! I’m amazed that you wrote that your own bedroom was easy — with so many options out there [of which you're clearly aware!], I’m impressed that you were able to be so decisive!

visualinguals last blog post: Ohio River Coasters in Polka Blobs

7. Ali commented
    August 14th, 2008 at 6:18pm

I love the bookshelf above the bed! I have a thing for bookshelves. I also really like the room with the mismatched frames on the walls and your bedroom! just the sort of stuff I like!

Alis last blog post: Help Miette!

8. all things bright and beautifula commented
    August 15th, 2008 at 4:55am

JEN! absolutely FABULOUS post – you GO girl!! lovely to see you here on decor8!

all things bright and beautifulas last blog post: Absolutely Favorite Things……

9. jessica claire commented
    August 18th, 2008 at 9:28am

love those stunning headboards!

jessica claires last blog post: Surveying Your Weekend

10. JENNIFER RAMOS commented
    August 18th, 2008 at 4:23pm

Thank you so much everyone……… I’m so glad you enjoyed this LOVELY post I put together!

Jen Ramos
    ‘100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards & More’
    madebygirl.blogspot.com

11. Pinky commented
    August 19th, 2008 at 1:21am

So stylish! I love it! I’m so inspired!

Pinkys last blog post: How to Knit a Wild Bikini

12. Melur commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 8:37pm

Love the MiCasa Revista… You inspired me to makeover my bedroom…

Melurs last blog post: Untuk tempahan – 017-6899667

13. Sophie commented
    October 10th, 2008 at 5:04am

If you liked Liza Giles’ who is a senior stylist for Designers Guild you may be interested in checking out the Designers Guild website at http://www.designersguild.com

They have today just launched their worldwide launch of The Royal Collection Fabrics and Wallpapers inspired by the interiors of Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle! – http://www.designersguild.com/the-royal-collection/

14. emilia commented
    December 4th, 2008 at 3:14pm

i have been wanting to remodel my room for a while now and fell in love with your room. i was wondering where you got the paintings and pillows for it. thanks you =]

15. Mandi commented
    March 5th, 2010 at 3:08am

GORGEOUS bedroom styles!! I am blown away :)

16. imran commented