Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Hi All! I am Julieann founder of Jace Interiors, a design firm here in Cambridge, MA and the interior design blogger for the Tastemakers over at Stylefeeder! Holly introduced me to decor8 readers back in 2006 with an interview. We met in person at the SoWa Open Market and she has become a great design friend. She has asked me to fill in for her Etsy Take 5 Tuesday post today while she is getting settled in Germany (can we all say…. so jealous?!). Its been great to take a peak inside her new abode over at Haus Maus, its as if we are secretly all stashed in her suitcase!

Today I decided to have an Etsy theme, this helps me to not go off track since I am known to sit for hours scouting through all the sellers! I am a big fan of small hostess and housewarming gifts, especially if you take into account the personality of the homeowner. So on to my Etsy finds! Lets take a peak shall we?

First up is the FABULOUS Aki Takada and her store Oktak. I recently purchased this little bird purse for a friend and I have to say when it arrived in the post I was just giddy. It is the perfect size for a cell, mirror, lipgloss, money and a few other trinkets. They are extremely well made with 60′s/70′s vintage textiles. She also has a “frame purse” which is just delightful. Take a peek at her store since she has some great baby gifts too!

Michelle Brusegaard has the sweetest linens. She proclaims to have “art and craft ADD”, I believe a few of us can relate to that! Her linens would make a lovely gift for a host of a dinner party especially if you have an idea of the color scheme. I love setting a table with special linens even if it is just for pizza, it makes it seem more festive. These Dusty Aqua with Red Poppy Napkins and the Red Poppies Notecards are my favorites. Check out the rest of her store and her great blog too!

If you have not explored John W Golden you should take a look into his world. For years his work was all over network television! First I fell in love with his “By Order of Management” signs which always reminded me of something my mother would say. Now I see he has great city nickname signs like this BeanTown (Boston) one, obviously close to my heart!

How many homeowners do you know who have newborns and are in love with their puppers! Many I imagine, so along comes the brilliant Bella Blu Designs! She creates these fabulous onesies for the little tot with dog appliques in fun busy prints. Too cute! You will be the hit of any baby shower with this combo as a present!

Lastly we have the little gem Paloma’s Nest. This is one of those gifts not many people would necessarily get for themselves but once scattered over a dining table or each one placed at individual settings, I can only imagine the fun conversation which would begin! They use all the leftover wood for the “little thought for your day” building blocks! They are just too sweet: Smile Big, Have Hope, Love and Laugh Often are just a few. Great idea and nice to see there is nothing going to waste!

Thanks for letting me share some of my finds from Etsy, it was great fun! Please share some of your favorite and unique hostess gifts from Etsy if you’d like by commenting. Thanks for having me!

(text from julianne of jace interiors, images linked to sources above)

Posted by decor8 in etsy, Etsy Take 5 Tuesday, guest bloggers on August 19, 2008

1. Tricia McKellar commented
    August 19th, 2008 at 8:26am

What a sweet bird purse! :)

Tricia McKellars last blog post: Escape, 8×10 Fine Art Photograph

2. Gabriela Delworth commented
    August 19th, 2008 at 8:36am

Hello,

I love this bird purse, fantastic!

~ Gabriela Delworth ~

Gabriela Delworths last blog post: CGTA Show Photos Part Two

3. mystiqueisland commented
    August 19th, 2008 at 10:27am

oo..I’m so in love with purse. sooo pretty and you’re right, it looks like 60/70 vintage textile.

mystiqueislands last blog post: Red Starflex, Fine Art Photography, 8×10

4. puglyfeet commented
    August 19th, 2008 at 12:07pm

I WANT that little bird purse.

5. Christy Hodgson commented
    August 19th, 2008 at 1:35pm

Thanks so much for featuring my wiener dog onesie set!

6. Leigh commented
    August 19th, 2008 at 3:29pm

Great choices, these are all hearted shops of mine as well. I really love those posters from John Goldon, would look great on my daughters walls.

7. simplygrove commented
    August 19th, 2008 at 4:16pm

I am in love with the bird purse!!!!

8. design mom commented
    August 19th, 2008 at 9:26pm

Oh my! Those little blocks are just fantastic. Really lovely.

design moms last blog post: Lucky Number 13

9. ambermaida commented
    August 19th, 2008 at 9:57pm

Wow! Great variety and selections from Etsy! I will be back to read up on decor8′s blog- great topics and visuals here!
    Best wishes,
    Amber Maida

ambermaidas last blog post: PURPLE AND PINK 8.5×11 Giclee PRINT

10. At Home with Kim Vallee commented
    August 20th, 2008 at 2:54am

I own 2 handbags by Oktak and I have very satisfied. They maintain their shapes over time. The vintage open/close mechanism is adorable.

11. Lilygraceonline commented
    August 20th, 2008 at 4:44pm

Love the Mine your manners poster Im getting me some of those.

12. That Perfect Something commented
    August 20th, 2008 at 6:08pm

I absolutely love the wooden blocks from Paloma’s nest. They would make perfect simple wedding favors. All you would have to do is add a few of the blocks to a small natural fiber pouch printed with the bride and groom’s initials and date of the wedding. I think wedding guests will love them.

13. Janet commented
    August 21st, 2008 at 12:02pm

Love the poppy napkins — what great Etsy finds!

Janets last blog post: And now . . . something simple