Shopping + Products

My Love for Pillows

August 22, 2008

Thank you so much for having me as a guest contributor today on your fabulous newly designed decor8, Holly! Hello everyone, this is Irene — some of you may know me from my blog Bloesem or B:Kids, two blogs that are about expressing my ideas about design and giving exposure to many creative talents in our world while looking at beautiful images that inspire much day dreaming!

My Love for Pillows
My Love for Pillows
My Love for Pillows
My Love for Pillows

Just a few inspirational images from the portfolio of Stylist Irina Graewe above. Don’t these pillows make the space so much nicer? I think they also provide a nice base as this post is about some of my favorite pillows and now you can also see how I enjoy seeing them displayed in the home.

Those who know me well understand that pillows and I go very well together… I guess it has something to do with my love for beautiful fabrics. When I see a nice fabric I think that it would make an awesome pillow, so in our house there are many different styles and types — mostly made by me, but the ones I’m mentioning today could easily fit in our collection as well.

My Love for Pillows

The first ones that I would like to show you express my love for vintage and linen. Mel Bomba from Sydney is a graphic designer by trade but in her etsy shop, MelVilleMade, you can find these awesome pillows that will fit in any interior. Mel and I both prefer books with pictures over those with only words and we share a love for the color green. An instant connection!

My Love for Pillows
My Love for Pillows

These lovely cushions have a very fresh and retro feel and are made by the Toronto based company, Tonic Living. They are a small, family-owned operation selling a large pillow collection online. I?m thinking of ordering these for our balcony, which I?m currently redecorating with only white and wood furniture and bright accessories. These will bring such an extra summer feel. For inside our apartment these ?grass? pillows would be great, like I said before green is my favorite color, together with my grays and linen I think it would look very nice and chic. The people behind Tonic Living strongly believe in Karma, positive energy, quality and their slogan is, ?We hope that the cushions bring new life and energy to your living space which makes us an overall “Tonic” for your life!?

My Love for Pillows

These are not your average pillows, but very funky ones with some great illustrations on them made by the creative duo Leal&Mabe, two people who feel strongly about bringing good design and respectful manufacturing practices to market. I discovered them at the fabulous online shop Supermarket.

My Love for Pillows

At Volga Linen you can find the basics that are so important for decorating a house, beautiful colors combined with linen textiles make the perfect pillows. Volga Linen is a family-run British company with strong ties to Russia, where they obtain these exquisite linens.

My Love for Pillows

And last but certainly not least are these lovely appliqued handmade pillows by Dawanda seller, Brokesy who has a collection featuring all things about air travel. As well as making pillows, this Canadian lady works as a costume designer, stylist and a wardrobe girl (not sure what that is) in L.A, California.

So that?s it for today, I hope you like my selection of pillows and I wish Holly a wonderful stay in Germany in her new place!

(photos linked to sources above, text by Irene Hoofs of Bloesem.)

You Might Also Like

16 Comments

• Reply Paisley Jade August 22, 2008 at 6:20 am

What a lovely selection of pillows – I love them all!

Paisley Jades last blog post: Inspirational Softie-maker

• Reply kanika August 22, 2008 at 7:55 am

Hi Irene..its good to see you here on decor8. I am a reagular reader of your blog bloesem too! this post on interior stylist Irine Graewe is so awesome! i am completely in love with her work..:) thanks for shering it with us!

kanikas last blog post: its bittersweet

• Reply Cicada Studio August 22, 2008 at 8:29 am

Pillows are one of my weaknesses.

Cicada Studios last blog post: One Year Already?

• Reply Kim Gray August 22, 2008 at 10:23 am

Love this post! I am such a cushion/fabrics fan! Stunning styling from Irina G! THANKS!

Kim Grays last blog post: Bowled over

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente August 22, 2008 at 10:32 am

Hi Irene,
    Ahh…pillows! Love them! I love your picks and the inspirational images.Thank you for sharing and are there images of your home somewhere that I missed?
    xo
    Melissa

• Reply Megan August 22, 2008 at 11:56 am

i adore that last sat of pillows. they’re so fun and inspiring. good picks :)

Megans last blog post: i would wear this….to work hard & play hard

• Reply eileen August 22, 2008 at 12:14 pm

Does Brokesy sell somewhere that is dollar-denominated? The link above shows prices in Euro. I am based in LA and would prefer not get hit by the atrocious exchange rate.

• Reply anne August 22, 2008 at 8:45 pm

Love the eastbay, it’s my hometown! Thanks the the great pictures + words.

annes last blog post: Freewheelin’ Friday. put it on ice.

• Reply irene August 22, 2008 at 9:43 pm

Thanks everybody for your nice comments! Regarding your question Eileen … I just found her etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5077848 and all prices are in USD. Enjoy your shopping!
    Irene {ps. thanks again Holly and wish you a wonderful weekend}

irenes last blog post: Paper N Stitch

• Reply Crystal August 22, 2008 at 10:06 pm

Whoooo, I really like the Leal &Mabe Creatri pillow (the one with the squid…awwww, squids <3 )! I’d actually never heard of Leal&Mabe, so thanks for this great find!

Crystals last blog post: "Off" Colors and Some New Works by Me

• Reply Crystal August 22, 2008 at 10:07 pm

Hmmm, wait, that’s very OBVIOUSLY a jellyfish….silly me :)

Crystals last blog post: "Off" Colors and Some New Works by Me

• Reply Magda August 24, 2008 at 4:19 pm

If you love pillows… you should check my good friend Marcela Pepe’s work. She is a Brazilian designer living in NYC.

• Reply MelBomba August 25, 2008 at 4:20 am

Wow today while eating lunch at the computer while at work I got a very pleasant shock when I saw my pillows featured. Thanks Holly, I’m a daily reader and you make my lunch break colourful and inspirational.

MelBombas last blog post: bad ass tooth

• Reply Snapdragon Inn August 27, 2008 at 9:55 am

Delicious! We were just talking about needing to find links to pillows we love and here they are in ONE post. Thanks for all your hard work in finding.

Snapdragon Inns last blog post: Pillows – gathering thoughts

• Reply Pillows October 29, 2008 at 5:12 am

Just love your collection, there is nothing better than lazying in comfy pillows.