Arts + Crafts, Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

September 2, 2008

I am so happy to share with you today another edition of Etsy Take Five Tuesday. Today I’ll be brief since I wrote so much earlier in other posts but I’m certain you’ll fall in love with my favorite five Etsy sellers this week. Enjoy!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

First up, Lolley Land and her owls. Oh I cannot resist such cuteness, and I love the folksy feel, they have a very Scandinavian vibe I think. What do you think? Are they the cutest owls ever or what?!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Next is Anke’s Little Shop, also known as Linotte created by Anke Weckmann in London. Her pins and prints are super sweet. She has a lot of talent and a very original style.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday
Etsy Take Five Tuesday

I found Ulmer, or James Ulmer Illustrations, through Anke and instantly fell in love with this Philadelphia-based artist and his prints. Again, more original work in a style all his own. Love it. Yip Yip and Happy Days are insta-faves of mine.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

I’m really enjoying the bag designer Made By Hank right down to the brand name stitched onto each and every bag — love this level of detail.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

And finally for Take Five Tuesday today I’d like to share with you Bound To and her handmade books. I am a book and journal junkie, I have so many unused journals just waiting for me to pen a few words. But I stash and I stash and for what reason? No clue. But I tell you this, I’m not stopping anytime soon. Anyone share this addiction with me?

(images linked above to their origins)

25 Comments

• Reply 12 linden September 2, 2008 at 7:38 pm

I LOVE journals too and have way too many to count. I always carry one for notes and sketches. Don’t worry, you’re not the only one out there. I think I have enough backups for years to come.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente September 2, 2008 at 8:41 pm

LOVE.love,love! Especially those adorable owls, those prints and those bags!
    Adorable! There is something so good about lots of beautiful, unopened journals! :)
    xo
    Melissa

Melissa de la Fuentes last blog post: hope II

• Reply Tonic Home September 2, 2008 at 9:47 pm

Love those Owl Pillows and they are a great price too!

• Reply Lauren September 2, 2008 at 10:43 pm

i totally share your addiction! i didn’t realize *just* how bad it was until we moved, and i had to box up all of those as-of-yet-unused journals!!!

Laurens last blog post: a little "something glorious" for my vegan friends…

• Reply Anna @ D16 September 2, 2008 at 10:46 pm

Ooooh, the Made By Hank stuff is great — you’re right, the attention to detail is fantastic. Thank you! :)

Anna @ D16s last blog post: Driving home from Brooklyn.

• Reply puglyfeet September 3, 2008 at 12:15 am

Those owl pillows look so darling and so sweet.

• Reply eva September 3, 2008 at 1:56 am

Oh, I just LOVE everything paper! Stationery, notebooks, letterpress, you name it! I must confess I don`t dare to use many of my notecards – I just keep these for myself :)

PS Could you look at this interior and guess what it is ? It just made me green of envy this morning………….

evas last blog post: do you like orange? (yes, the color)

• Reply eva September 3, 2008 at 1:59 am

I `m crazy about paper! Stationery, note cards, letterpress, prints, books, magazines……………. I keep the coolest note cards myself , I just don`t dare to write on these :)

evas last blog post: do you like orange? (yes, the color)

• Reply ira September 3, 2008 at 4:52 am

I love the owls!
    they so adorable:)

iras last blog post: Your Multitask Bag – Hemp in Natural White with Japanese Fabric

• Reply JaneG September 3, 2008 at 9:03 am

yeah i also have a stash of beautiful empty journals and note books waiting for… i dont know what! I had managed to curb my collection of them though purely for this reason of them ending up doing nothing, but now you’re making me think it’s OK! perhaps i’ll allow myself one or two more :)

JaneGs last blog post: Gift goodness for Oli

• Reply Monica September 3, 2008 at 9:50 am

Those owls are the cutest things! And the journals, pin, & bag…its all so cute!

Monicas last blog post: the Little Black Dress has met its Match

• Reply Kara September 3, 2008 at 10:32 am

Wow, some great finds there! I wish I had more $$$ haha.

Karas last blog post: Where Have I Been?

• Reply Kathy September 3, 2008 at 11:08 am

I love the Made By Hank bag you featured! It’s so pretty!

Oh dear, I know what you mean by having unused journals. I also have too many too count. The weird thing is that I end up using the crappy ones that are given out for free at the beginning of the year and not the nice ones that I purchase.

I think I’m intimidated that I’ll write something not worthy enough to go on their nice smooth pages.

Kathys last blog post: Kids’ Spaces

• Reply kim September 3, 2008 at 11:37 am

oooh, great “take 5”! am especially crazy over james ulmer’s work! wow!

kims last blog post: Carousel :: Repeat Patterns

• Reply Lisa September 3, 2008 at 12:04 pm

love to see new illutration artists! thanks for finding these.

Lisas last blog post: Batik t shirt XL Green and Red with flower

• Reply Waterfall Pictures September 3, 2008 at 12:07 pm

I like keeping journals as well. Journal-keeping has kept me away from a proven intelligence killer called television.

=D

• Reply Mandy Saile September 3, 2008 at 12:48 pm

The owl pillows are so beautifull…a grouping would definatly be a must. Thanks for the inspiration today, I think I’ll go draw something owl related, ha ha. Mandy Saile

Mandy Sailes last blog post: I love September, a New Illustration and Some Honest Musings

• Reply Christine September 3, 2008 at 2:58 pm

I love the owls- so sweet!

Christines last blog post: Shop Talk: Simple Pleasures

• Reply julia September 3, 2008 at 4:12 pm

Hey, that’s my chairs gift wrap for Hello! Lucky used as the journal cover! I wish Bound To would credit me and Hello! Lucky for providing some of her journal covers : (

• Reply decor8 September 3, 2008 at 4:20 pm

Hi Julia!

I would totally contact her, perhaps it was an oversight. You’re famous, I’m certain she’d love to give you credit. Some people aren’t that savvy when it comes to crediting stuff if they are new to the crafting/art world. I suspect she is relatively new so I suggest contacting her directly. Most are pretty friendly and willing to cooperate without hassle.

But in the end this is all your fault for being so darn famous Julia! :) Your stuff is everywhere, and it should be, you do amazing work.

Holly

• Reply Lauren Castillo September 3, 2008 at 5:08 pm

Hi Holly,
    I’ve been wanting to drop you a note for a long while to tell you how much I enjoy your blog/s! I’m an illustrator (mostly children’s books), and I stumbled upon your site several months ago — now I’m hooked; especially with Etsy take five Tuesdays! I also very much enjoy following your new adventures on your move to Germany — my boyfriend is a German (from the very south in Weingarten) who relocated to Brooklyn, NY (where I am). We talk about moving over there some day, so it’s super exciting to read about all your wonderful experiences. I know if I move there, my German will be worse than a 1st graders — I give you a lot of credit for jumping right into a new culture and way of living :)
    Keep up the great work, and all the best in Germany!
    -Lauren
    p.s. I learned of Etsy through your blog, and finally have a working shop of my own now! http://www.laurencastillo.etsy.com

• Reply boundto September 4, 2008 at 9:05 am

Julia, I am so sorry, it really was an oversight. I actually bought the paper while I was on vacation in a shop on Abbott Kinney in Venice Beach and the name of the shop escapes me. I am still fairly new to selling my journals on Etsy, so I wasn’t aware I needed to credit the designer of the paper. I will make sure to credit you moving forward though! Again, I apologize.

Decor8, thank you so much for featuring me in your blog! I love your blog.

boundtos last blog post: Flutter Bird – Large Moleskine Cahier

• Reply boundto September 4, 2008 at 9:52 am

Julia, I am so sorry, I had no idea. I didn’t buy the paper from Hello! Lucky, so I had no idea you had made it for them. I have since credited you and Hello! Lucky in my etsy shop and will make sure to do so in the future. Your work is so fab, I love it.
    Holly/Decor8, thank you so much for featuring me in your Etsy Take Five this week, truly an honor, I LOVE your blog.

boundtos last blog post: Flutter Bird – Large Moleskine Cahier

• Reply boundto September 4, 2008 at 9:54 am

Oops, posted twice. First one didn’t come up at first, and thought it didn’t post. Sorry :/

boundtos last blog post: Flutter Bird – Large Moleskine Cahier

• Reply Jen September 4, 2008 at 12:52 pm

I love the owl pillows!! The frogs are quite cute as well.

Jens last blog post: You’re not your job. You’re not how much money you have in the bank. You’re not the car you drive. You’re not the contents of your wallet.