Travel

Hallo Amsterdam!

September 5, 2008

I’m packed and ready to walk over to the main station to catch my train to Amsterdam. I can’t wait! I have a good book to keep me occupied for the 4 hour journey, and then I’ll be meeting up with Danielle to hit a few shops before joining the group at 8 p.m. over at De Kroon (details here in case you’d like to join us).

Hallo Amsterdam!

I’ll be in Am’dam for the next 3 days, so I won’t be blogging again here until Tuesday… You can find me over at Real Simple later today with my Top Ten Etsy Stores for the month of September and also on Monday where I’ve prepared a post about British design firm ISAK and their new collection due to show in a few weeks at Top Drawer in London.

When I’m back expect photos and all the highlights from my mini adventure. :) I can’t wait to meet up with everyone tonight, bloggers and blog readers all together at the same table — how fun!

See you again on Tuesday… Happy weekend!

(image from pol’s potten, a shop I can’t wait to visit.)

You Might Also Like

15 Comments

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente September 5, 2008 at 9:37 am

So fun! Have a great time!
    xo
    Melissa

Melissa de la Fuentes last blog post: Ellie

• Reply Cecilie September 5, 2008 at 12:57 pm

Beautiful! As always :o)

I want to give all my favorits an award ;o) It’s in my blogg!

Cecilies last blog post: Award

• Reply puglyfeet September 5, 2008 at 3:58 pm

Thanks for the heads up about SeaUnicorn. The French Birdcage is sooo cute.

• Reply diana September 5, 2008 at 4:01 pm

Have fun! I just returned from a trip home and enjoyed every minute of it -Nic (from Luziapimpinella) also has been to A`dam and put up a great report on her blog!

• Reply Rosa September 5, 2008 at 8:02 pm

You’re going to love Amsterdam. Just watch out for all those bikers! They don’t necessarily look out for you! Lucky you to be able to hop a train and be off to another wonderful country. Green with envy here! (Speaking of green, don’t miss the Pancake Bakery and their pea soup–“erwtensoep!” Their crepes aren’t anything to shy away from either!) http://www.pancake.nl/
    Enjoy!

Rosas last blog post: Love this Town

• Reply Grace@PoeticHome September 5, 2008 at 8:52 pm

Enjoy your fun trip Holly! I can’t wait to see all the lovely pics next week. All your wonderful get-togethers and events make me want to move to Europe (along with all the fabulousness that is the entire continent) :)

Grace@PoeticHomes last blog post: Vintage pre-weekend fun!

• Reply magikquilter September 5, 2008 at 11:49 pm

Those fast trains are interesting …we could use them here in Australia. Wishing you a delightful time….your anticipation is catching… enjoy yourself,,,,oh and happy reading on board.
    Kathleen

magikquilters last blog post: An Imaginative Experience by Mary Wesley

• Reply Dana September 6, 2008 at 10:04 am

The meet and greet in Amsterdam with all the wonderful boggers from Holland, has now occured and it’s the day after so to speak. It was a wonderfull night. I am so glad to have been a part of it. Thanks Holly for making it possible.

Danas last blog post: Tiny books addiction

• Reply preppylittledress September 6, 2008 at 4:17 pm

i don’t know about you but the extremely large lamp looks like it could fall over at any moment, too big for the space – but that’s just me. interesting photos to say the least!

preppylittledresss last blog post: baklava, giada and candice – oh my!

• Reply Frida September 7, 2008 at 10:22 am

Im so sad that I could come to Amsterdam to meet you guys. Next time!!

Fridas last blog post: Eco Tapeters nya webb

• Reply Rosa September 7, 2008 at 8:05 pm

Can’t wait to hear all about it! How fun!!

Rosas last blog post: Sunday (FT) Snippets

• Reply jonathan@dailydesignspot September 7, 2008 at 8:20 pm

wow holly.. i am sure the meetup with be so fun! wish i was in town!!
    take care and keep doing what you do

jonathan
    dailydesignspot.com

jonathan@dailydesignspots last blog post:

• Reply Quetxy September 8, 2008 at 11:12 am

Wish I could join, but I’m too busy kicking my self in the head.
    I have this issue that all designers have, and might be a good discussion toppic (I wanted to ask you what can be done about this):
    Everytime I start an artsy, craftsy thing for ME I have a hard time taking basic desitions like color palette, or other simple stuff… and when I finish I feel that it looks like crap! and that I totally screwed it up by addig that lace, or that bird or whatever…. HOW DO I LET GOOOOO!?!?
    (but the stuff I do for other people I have no problem with).

• Reply Mabrook September 9, 2008 at 3:10 am

Oh, it’s so cool, Wish you good luck!!!!

Mabrooks last blog post: Lifelike Songs of James Blunt!

• Reply design snob September 9, 2008 at 4:26 pm

Amsterdam is beautiful city. I’m sure it’ll be a great time.

design snobs last blog post: Chew On This