Arts + Crafts, Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

September 9, 2008

Hello friends! I’m back from Amsterdam so you know what that means… lots of great things to show and tell which I’ll get to shortly (tonight or perhaps tomorrow). But first, I cannot let Tuesday go by without the weekly Etsy Take Five Tuesday. Enjoy!

Etsy Take Five TuesdayEtsy Take Five TuesdayEtsy Take Five Tuesday

Bostonian Jill Rosenwald recently notified me that she has a? new shop on Etsy where her ceramic creations are sold, ranging from plates to bowls and vases. Fantastic patterns and colorways… really great.

Etsy Take Five TuesdayEtsy Take Five TuesdayEtsy Take Five Tuesday

Pirilampo Riscado is based in Portugal and is a-m-a-z-i-n-g-l-y talented… gifted really. I cannot take my eyes off of her intricately woven handcrafted treasures to wear or display. This jewelry is not only breathtaking but made with heart, you can feel it as you look over her goods in her Etsy shop. I keep finding myself back on her Flickr “Necklace” set just to drool. When I see work like this I’m reminded of the sheer talent that exists in this world and how privileged we are to be online with continual exposure to it all without having to jump on an airplane.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday
Etsy Take Five Tuesday
Etsy Take Five Tuesday
Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Marta is a one-girl shop in Barcelona where her thoughtfully made things are sold under the name Emedemarta. Wood, linen, and cotton are a few of her favorite things along with deer and mushrooms (still popular motifs amongst indie designers, especially here in Europe).

Etsy Take Five Tuesday
Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Pardon My Vintage (cute name) is a shop filled with new-to-you finds curated with love and exceptional taste. Some of my personal faves include the retro pear canister, the folksy recipe tin, Rorstrand Fenix cup and saucer, and the vintage Heath mugs. Best part, she’ll ship worldwide! You can keep up with the latest Pardon My Vintage finds also via her Flickr account.

Etsy Take Five TuesdayEtsy Take Five Tuesday
Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Bubbo-Tubbo is a sweet shop you’re certain to adore as much as I do. Originally from Russia now living in America, I stumbled upon Natasha Mileshina and her illustrations just this morning by roaming Flickr and was quite pleased that I took the time to wander… her drawings are pretty special! I’ve already decided to place an order for a few of her prints to put in my hallway. I can’t help myself!

(images linked to sources above)

You Might Also Like

17 Comments

• Reply Heather Moore September 9, 2008 at 10:08 am

Such fantastic finds! thanks for sharing.

Heather Moores last blog post: Object language IV

• Reply daisy janie / scoutie girl September 9, 2008 at 10:13 am

Oh my. This might be favorite to date! Until next Tuesday at least!

daisy janie / scoutie girls last blog post: the demanding one is having a FABULOUS giveaway

• Reply magikquilter September 9, 2008 at 10:17 am

Welcome back! Love the cup and saucer and now I know the designer I shall be on the lookout… although am thinking they could be few and far between in Australia. I also love the jewellery and as am opening my own etsy store soon I shall know what to put on my favourites!

I started cutting down on shopping from department stores and even haberdashery stores about six months ago and am happy now to be putting the money which would have gone into those places into supporting businesses like those above. Much better made too!

magikquilters last blog post: I?ve been Pringled and I like it

• Reply Beth September 9, 2008 at 11:11 am

Pirilampo Riscado’s necklace is fantastic!! Thanks for sharing!

Beths last blog post: RESERVED for Kerin – Dandelion Wishes ring

• Reply porter September 9, 2008 at 12:03 pm

Wow! Just love that necklace. Super cute

porters last blog post:

• Reply Christina @ Pardon My Vintage September 9, 2008 at 12:13 pm

Thanks so much for the mention, Holly! Great picks; I really like the felted necklaces, her work is amazing!

Christina @ Pardon My Vintages last blog post: Red Waechtersbach mug — girl with books

• Reply Nancy September 9, 2008 at 1:13 pm

I loved all of them! Great choices Holly.

Nancys last blog post: Monkey

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente September 9, 2008 at 3:00 pm

These are wonderful finds! I love them all and have some new faves!
    Welcome back!
    xo
    Melissa

Melissa de la Fuentes last blog post: kindness

• Reply Elisa September 9, 2008 at 5:58 pm

I love the bowl’s that Jill has done such beautiful pieces.

• Reply Pikaland September 9, 2008 at 10:16 pm

Natasha of Bubbo Tubbo is a wonderful lady who makes the most beautiful things! I am truly in love with her calligraphy style — it’s so unique!

• Reply alis September 10, 2008 at 2:10 am

I loved them all, thanks Holly! I am particularly in love with the name “Pardon My V?ntage” and their selection; I want everything!

aliss last blog post: Technical Difficulties

• Reply Buy My House September 10, 2008 at 5:14 am

This website is truly inspiration. It has persuaded me to take up art again after 20 years – many thanks.

BTW lovin’ that necklace.

• Reply jill rosenwald September 10, 2008 at 11:58 am

thanks for the great mention holly..so nice to hear from you and once again thanks for your support of the salon..new meeting on the 16th..regarding bridging culture thru design..hope you can come!
    xo
    jill

jill rosenwalds last blog post: Small Coper Vase in Swag pattern/viscous colorway

• Reply Marilyn September 10, 2008 at 3:09 pm

These are all FANTASTIC finds!

• Reply jel September 11, 2008 at 9:57 pm

just wanted to say that your blog is in my top 3 favorite blogs of all time!

jels last blog post: promotional materials

• Reply LA designer chick September 15, 2008 at 5:44 pm

Wow–Congrats!! Have never been to this website before and I am blown away by it’s breadth—so eclectic and chic and inspiring …and what a relief after so many mags that just promote so many chain stores…Loved the necklace…
    well done !!

• Reply Jessie Keylon September 23, 2008 at 12:57 pm

Fantastic selection!
    I have been a fan of etsy for so long, but it’s getting harder and harder to dig through everyone on there- so many shops!

I will definately keep checking back on tuesdays for the select few you choose. I too think its great you are supporting the independent artists and craftsmen, and not just the big companies that are already doing good business.

Kudos!