I’m Listening To…

September 10, 2008

I always love it when some of my favorite bloggers take a moment to share something a bit more personal on their blogs, usually things they do for fun like the films they watch or the music they’re currently into.

Im Listening To...Keren Rose

Im Listening To...Nylon

If you are a blogger I invite you to post the music that you’re listening to this month on your blog and link your post back to this one and in the comments section below, share the link to your post so decor8 readers can click over to see what you’re listening to. Consider yourself tagged! :) This will be quite fun and may open us all up to some new music. Honestly there is nothing better than a home filled with fresh flowers, good food, and good music in addition to a nice interior and some yummy cookies baking in the oven. :)

Im Listening To...Klee

Im Listening To...Room Eleven

So fellow bloggers, what you are listening to? I just pulled the stack of CD’s on my shelf that I’ve purchased since coming here to Germany last month. See if we have any favorites in common and please, excuse my obsession with Greatest Hits CDs lately. I’m a bit obsessed with old school hits right now. I know, I know… Will Smith? you ask. I was listening to “A Nightmare on My Street” yesterday and nearly died laughing at the memories it brought back. After that I played MJ’s, “Don’t Stop ‘Til Ya Get Enough” and couldn’t help but recall when my mother bought me my first vinyl as a child and I played it so loud I nearly broke the speakers in my little orange record player… Talk about a blast from the past! Here is a taste of what I’m listening to lately…

• Klee (German), Title: Berge Versetzen (crazy about!)
  • Keren Rose (French), Title: Rose (the best Sunday afternoon music)
  • Nylon (German), Title: 10 Lieder ?ber Liebe (oh this band is so jazzy and good)
  • Thomas Godoj (German), Title: Plan A (German pop but his voice is great)
  • Morrissey, Title: Greatest Hits
  • Abba, Title: Gold: Greatest Hits
  • Michael Jackson, Title: Off The Wall
  • John Mayer, Title: Heavier Things
  • Babyface, Title: Greatest Hits
  • Will Smith, Title: Greatest Hits
  • Ne Yo, Title: Because of You
  • Iron Man, Title: Movie Soundtrack
  • Moccabar Vol. 2 (Italian)
  • Room Eleven (Dutch) Title: Six White Russians and a Pink Pussycat (love!)

Your turn! You can either blog your favorites or if you don’t want to blog them or if you do not have a blog, comment below. Can’t wait to see your faves.

(images linked to bands above)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Kimberly Julie September 10, 2008 at 4:41 pm

I actually wrote this a couple of days ago. :)

Kimberly Julies last blog post: Calling All Readers:

• Reply Liza September 10, 2008 at 5:14 pm

This is such a great post and question, Holly! Thank you! I just did a quick post on my blog so people can hear what we like around here. I loved doing this. Thanks again! -Liza

Lizas last blog post: Music Lately

• Reply Lisa Marie September 10, 2008 at 5:30 pm

Great topic, thanks for starting the conversation!
    I listed mine here:

but here i a quick rundown for you:
    Hang Jones
    Rupa and the April Fishes
    Beatbeat Whisper
    Songs for Moms
    Reverend Gary Davis

Lisa Maries last blog post: Currently listening to…

• Reply Lisa Marie September 10, 2008 at 5:30 pm

Great topic, thanks for starting the conversation!
    I listed mine here:

but here i a quick rundown for you:
    Hang Jones
    Rupa and the April Fishes
    Beatbeat Whisper
    Songs for Moms
    Reverend Gary Davis

• Reply Lisa Marie September 10, 2008 at 5:34 pm

oops! sorry for the double post!

Lisa Maries last blog post: Currently listening to…

• Reply So Lovely September 10, 2008 at 5:51 pm

Such a great idea….thank you

So Lovelys last blog post: A Musical Interlude with Empire Of The Sun

• Reply liss September 10, 2008 at 5:58 pm

Thanks so much for this post!! I’m always on the lookout for new music because, frankly, I’m a music neophyte. Recently I’ve been listening to “old crooners” – so you’ve probably heard of them already. All the same here they are:

Frank Sinatra. No offense to Michael Buble but Ol’ Blue Eyes version of A Foggy Day is so much better.

The Andrews Sisters. Their rendition of Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy is the best one.

Rosemary Clooney. Cheek to Cheek and I’m Beginning to See the Light are personal favorites.

Bobby Darin. Mack the Knife.

Bing Crosby. Swinging on a Star and Alexander’s Ragtime Band are current favorites.

Also contemporary singers with crooning styles: Renee Olstead, Puppini Sisters and the saxophone crooner Chris Botti.

Enjoy listening . . . I know I will enjoy checking out all these new-to-me artists.

lisss last blog post: self-mastery

• Reply faith September 10, 2008 at 5:58 pm

Lovely idea. I’m always listening to music and I love to share. I think I’ll make this a regular post! Thanks for the inspiration.

• Reply cindy k September 10, 2008 at 6:01 pm

oh, i love learning about new music! i try to post some recommendations each friday – here’s a link to my music posts –

i will link back to you this friday!

cindy ks last blog post: craft : patchwork & the black eye

• Reply Anne-Julie September 10, 2008 at 6:07 pm

Oh Holly, you made a little mistake about Rose, the singer :) She is called “Rose” only and not “Keren Rose”. Maybe you were thinking of Keren Ann instead? :)

Anne-Julies last blog post: Boites

• Reply decor8 September 10, 2008 at 6:15 pm

Anne-Julie! Oh thank you for calling this to my attention. I just double checked the CD and it’s called Rose and I guess that is also her name, but the CD (small text on it) says her name is Keren Rose (or maybe it is really Rose Keren?). Hmmmm. Oh well I think people will find it okay if they click on the link above in this post. :) Thank you again Anne-Julie.

• Reply Anne-Julie September 10, 2008 at 6:26 pm

I never saw her CD, just only her on TV shows :) and you’re totally right! I think your link is totally good since at the end it links to her music :D

Anne-Julies last blog post: Boites

• Reply Anne-Julie September 10, 2008 at 6:31 pm

(I just get it! Her artist name is Rose, and real name is Keren Meloul)
    (Sorry if I have bothered you Holly :)

Anne-Julies last blog post: Boites

• Reply Jamie September 10, 2008 at 6:32 pm

The Ting Tings. Really fun to listen to when you’re cleaning your house.

Jamies last blog post: Fashion week, Rachel Zoe Project & two Birkins

• Reply Sarah September 10, 2008 at 6:46 pm

Thanks for kicking off this fun conversation!

Here are my current favorites:

• Reply Cyd September 10, 2008 at 7:17 pm

Great idea! This was fun and I’ve been clicking over to everyone’s sites to check out their picks. I have a whole bunch of new music to check out!

Cyds last blog post: Current ipod Obsessions.

• Reply Leah September 10, 2008 at 8:02 pm

Ooh, I like this idea! I don’t tend to post my music taste on my blog, but in a weird way, I guess it can tell you a bit about what that person is like. I’m for it at least & did a post on my blog.

Leahs last blog post: Camping fun at NYFW

• Reply At Home with Kim Vallee September 10, 2008 at 8:03 pm

Holly, I checked because I was curious about Rose. She started her career as Rose Keren but she is now known only as Rose.

At Home with Kim Vallees last blog post: A Twist on the Personal Concierge Laundry Service with Laundry Locker

• Reply Vanessa September 10, 2008 at 8:06 pm

Love this post! My eclectic current top five list includes John Mellencamp, Imogene Heap, Gogol Bordello, Cinematic Orchestra, and Wille Nelson.

At my blog I linked to the songs and videos I like best:

Come on over to anytime, y’all!

Vanessas last blog post: Music that makes me do the Snoopy dance

• Reply Monica September 10, 2008 at 8:29 pm

Though I should probably be mortified for sharing these, here are mine:

Monicas last blog post: In response to Decor8 (LOVE her!)…

• Reply stacy September 10, 2008 at 8:33 pm

Oh thanks for this! I’ve been reading your blog for a while, and really love it! {it’s just that I’ve been lurking, and not commenting} Anyhow, I can’t wait to check out all the tunes out there. Here’s my list:

• Reply kate September 10, 2008 at 8:59 pm

I’ve been listening to The Kinks a lot lately, especially “The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society”. Also Architecture in Helsinki. So fun!

• Reply Denise Smith September 10, 2008 at 9:38 pm

Okay, like liss I have been a little Old School, but with an update of sorts. Our family has been cycling the Across the Universe soundtrack. And we watched the movie like 6 times this summer. Yesterday we bought a new car with XM, so I imagine I will be listening to that, since for me it’s a novelty…I know, I know, I am behind a few years!!

Denise Smiths last blog post: Orange Again

• Reply Meghan September 10, 2008 at 10:10 pm

Thanks for sharing some new music with us! See what I’m currently listening to here:

• Reply muralimanohar September 10, 2008 at 10:46 pm

Well, I’m all about new music, so I’ve joined in with a couple…don’t know how well it will fit in with this group, though, rofl! I’ve put a couple up on my blog. :p

muralimanohars last blog post: Musical tag..

• Reply Courtney September 11, 2008 at 12:02 am

i love your site and can’t wait to check out your tunes! i am gonna blog my faves right now!

• Reply Jamie September 11, 2008 at 12:28 am

I wrote this post a couple of weeks ago, but these 4 women are still at the top of my play list Duffy, Amy MacDonald, Priscilla Ahn and Meiko:

I know this is a post about music, but I can’t pass up a chance to recommend an amazing movie I recently saw, Bella.

I can’t wait to give a listen to some of the great music already mentioned – thanks for another great idea Holly!

Jamies last blog post: Famous

• Reply kanika September 11, 2008 at 12:51 am

Hi Holly! i too posted about some of my favourite music on my blog recently. ‘el condor pasa’ my all time favourite song by ‘simon and garfunkel’ and beetles! i also saw a movie called ‘across the universe’ recently and thats the topic of my last post! :)

kanikas last blog post: Across The Universe

• Reply Alison September 11, 2008 at 4:39 am

Thanks for the Room Eleven recommendation! I’ve been practicing my Dutch recently by listening to Spinvis. And when I’m not listening to Spinvis, I’m usually listening to some lovely NZ musicians like Age Pryor or The Phoenix Foundation.

Alisons last blog post: Out of the Shadows

• Reply mandy September 11, 2008 at 6:38 am

so, i made one, too. sorry, my blog is in german but this ones in english:

• Reply [michele] September 11, 2008 at 7:24 am

I’m currently into mindless music with a good tempo for the elliptical/bicycle!

4 Minutes (Madonna/JT)
    Loli Loli (Three 6 Mafia)
    In the Ayer (Flo Rida)

[michele]s last blog post: Week Nine/Twenty Nine D Day

• Reply Trina September 11, 2008 at 7:36 am

I know I couldn’t live without music,

I plan on expanding on my blog post about this over the weekend. There are some fantastic music artists out there that are so inspiring !!!

Trinas last blog post: I’m listening to …

• Reply sia September 11, 2008 at 9:17 am

Yay, you are listening to Room Eleven! :-)
    They (well, the singer and the double bass player) are friends of mine.

I have been following them for years – so cool to see that their music is spreading across the globe! Do you have their latest CD as well (Mmm… Gumbo?)? It features a duet with Dayna Kurtz – hauntingly beautiful…

Another favourite (and friend) of mine: Renske Taminiau ( and A combination of jazz and pop, singer/songwriter.

• Reply Kelly E. September 11, 2008 at 11:38 am

Oooh thank you thank you thank you! I have sooooo been needing new music to listen to!

• Reply Gilly September 11, 2008 at 11:45 am

Great idea Holly,
    I post a music clip on my blog every so often, it is fun to share!

Thanks for sharing yours too everyone, I’m going to be listening to them all for daaayyyys!!
    : )

• Reply Jill September 11, 2008 at 12:10 pm

Im a bit surprised that your not listening to WOLFSHEIM!
    Its definetly a German band with that electronic syth feel..
    perhaps your husband Thorsten would like too!

• Reply Tella September 11, 2008 at 1:22 pm

I loved checking out the music you listed. I especially liked Klee. I’m going to have to listen to more of their stuff! Anyway, here’s my addition to all the music loving blog posts out there.

Tellas last blog post: Loving Right Now – Music

• Reply Christina September 11, 2008 at 2:28 pm

I love love love Elbow’s new album, The Seldom Seen Kid. I would tell everyone to listen to it once and I guarantee you’ll want to listen to it again and again.

I’m listened to it, as much as I read decor8, which is all the time!!!!

Christinas last blog post: Music I’m loving…

• Reply wietske September 11, 2008 at 3:04 pm

What you listen to Dutch music!! I don’t even listen to Dutch music and I”m dutch@@ .. it’s suprising, even from great bands like the golden earring nobody has ever heared of before..
    if you like real good dutch music listen this aanzoek zonder ringen is great!!
    other then that, you got to listen to Korean music! Epik High!! you got to love them this is from their newest album
    and really relexed mongolian music A-sound (I bought their CD while I was there, brings back great memories!!)
    I hope you like them!! <3

wietskes last blog post:

• Reply ann September 11, 2008 at 4:52 pm

there is so much great music out right now, but if i had to narrow it down to my top fives this would be it:

lykke li
    ting tings
    grand ole party

i do a weekly post about my current music loves, you should check it out.

• Reply Emilia September 11, 2008 at 7:14 pm

Thanks for the challenge!

Emilias last blog post: Sherbert Tone

• Reply brand-eye September 11, 2008 at 8:03 pm

thanks for posting this because it made me finally write about my favorite album of the summer, the hold steady, stay positive. i’ve been wanting to write about it since it came out!

brand-eyes last blog post: summer 2008 soundtrack

• Reply Leigh September 11, 2008 at 9:32 pm

I just added some new favorites to my playlist now off to check out what you all have:)

• Reply Courtney September 12, 2008 at 10:21 am

Fun idea! My post is here:

Courtneys last blog post: I?m listening to?

• Reply Ratu Victoria September 12, 2008 at 11:47 am

I wrote this last month and haven’t updated my September soundtrack but maybe you can still catch up with these:

Ratu Victorias last blog post: Reunion..

• Reply Laura September 12, 2008 at 2:08 pm

I’ve have added mine to my blog post too ;-) Yay.

Lauras last blog post: Drawing Club!

• Reply Chelsea September 12, 2008 at 3:54 pm

these are all great suggestions! Here’s what I’m listening to as of late:

• Reply Kelly Aiglon September 12, 2008 at 6:13 pm

I have about 50 new favorite bands after reading these posts. Thanks, everyone! Here is where you can find some of my picks:

Kelly Aiglons last blog post: Music Discovery Friday

• Reply Kelly Aiglon September 12, 2008 at 6:14 pm

I have about 50 new favorite bands after reading these posts. Thanks, everyone! You can find my picks here:

• Reply Swestie September 12, 2008 at 9:19 pm

This was so much fun. I hope you enjoy mine! Thanks for inspiring and sharing! Swestie

• Reply Diana September 12, 2008 at 9:59 pm

Great post! I’ve actually just posted about my soundtrack for the day – pure coincidence! Music is such a major part of my creative process that I always want to share it with readers.

I’m off to scope out your suggestions!

• Reply Reg September 13, 2008 at 2:10 pm

i just posted a sample sampling of songs i like.

Regs last blog post: i’m listening to…

• Reply Ming September 14, 2008 at 10:26 pm

i just posted one too!

• Reply pia September 15, 2008 at 12:37 pm

Love this idea Holly, have posted mine today:

• Reply annkent September 16, 2008 at 6:39 am

Great idea! I posted a review of The Women, which I loved, to my new bog!

annkents last blog post: The Women

• Reply Liz September 25, 2008 at 9:14 pm

Very late to the party, but am still catching up on blogs, love this Holly, thanks so much for musical inspiration! Here are some of my currents:

Lizs last blog post: 5 Wonder-fully Musical Things . . .

• Reply Perla Ljungberg February 20, 2009 at 9:52 am

I like some music you listen it’s really good… but I literally die everytime i heard a song from any The killers album… i get into a great creative area and inspirational!! .. I really like them hehehe.. but you listen great music!! .. by the way!! … I LOVE YOU BLOG!!

Perla Ljungbergs last blog post: Ultimamente!!