Happy Weekend (& Berlin!)

Hello! Quickly I want to let everyone who has reserved a seat for the decor8/Dawanda event that the location has changed so please click here for location details and a map. An email was sent to all confirmed attendees of this change so you may already have heard, but for those who may not have reserved a seat via email and have decided last minute to attend — please note the location change. We originally had a lovely space booked but due to an overwhelming amount of interest we had to locate a larger space to accommodate everyone.

If you plan to attend this event please make a point to come up to me after my talk to meet me and give me your business card, I want to meet as many of you as I can so please do not be shy. Truth is, I’m a little scared to because this is my first big blogging event so we’ll all feel awkward at first but with drinks and cupcakes, music, and a room filled with creative people I’m certain everyone will feel instantly at home.

New location: Gotischer Saal, details and map here.

See you in Berlin tomorrow!

And to my other friends who cannot attend, I wish you a delightful weekend filled with plenty of creative projects and inspiration!

xo,

Holly

(postcard designed by enna)

Posted by decor8 in events + markets, small business, travel on September 19, 2008

1. Diana commented
    September 19th, 2008 at 9:02pm

Have fun all those who are lucky enough to go!

Dianas last blog post: In the Calm Woods

2. Francis commented
    September 20th, 2008 at 1:08pm

Hi Holly,

thanks for the inspiring speech at the Dawanda event and for sharing your experience.

Unlike most of the participants, my creativity lies in brokering discounts for visitors to Berlin. My blog http://www.berlin-wise.com/yourword_myword is a channel for all Berlin relevant blogs. With the motivation you gave me today, I should be in the position to write some more original articles.

Enjoy the rest of the week-end and have a nice trip back home.

Best regards,
    Francis

3. elke commented
    September 20th, 2008 at 3:55pm

Hi Holly,
    I really enjoyed your presentation today. It was very inspiring. And I started filling my blog with some new information about my designs right away. Thank you and best regards from Berlin
    elke
    SILBERFISCHER

4. Katrin commented
    September 20th, 2008 at 4:30pm

Hi Holly.
    I just have two words (and maybe one additional sentence) to say:
    Thank you!
    Your words at the decor8/DaWanda event this day in Berlin made me writing to you now, showing you our start-up blog created 8 minutes ago.
    We made it real. And you are right: It doesn?t hurt, it?s fun and very ?aufregend?!
    Take care, and hope to see you dipping in some time!

5. eliana commented
    September 20th, 2008 at 6:01pm

Absolutly great Dawandaevent !!!!
    Thanks so much Holly for your amazing Speech!!!
    I am still im Trance !!! Iam sure I’ll really need some day to realise it!!!
    I have so many ideas that i dont know with first I have to beginn with, but I know one think i want to try to talk and to show in my blog how great thinks there is in my country Brasil and of course in the city where I live Berlin !!!
    I find so incredible how big is this blog comuinity and how good this like a snowballeffect works, and how great it is to talk about it wiht so many peope that you dont know without to be ashmed !!!
    I am so thankfull for your greatly advice how important is to share with other without to be fear, to be honest, to be authentic, to be positiv, to be patient, to be proud for that you do and like , to talk about your passion, and vision, not be care with what others say, and try to be continuative with your blog !!!! I also know that this is not the true recipe how to be sucefull wih your blog but I believe that it wil help us to did our own way!!!
    I wish big success for your blog and enjoy your Jouney here in Europe !!
    Keep you healthy and strong !!!

6. Lai commented
    September 20th, 2008 at 7:25pm

…thank you holly for the great presentation in Berlin!
    it was fun and inspiring to meet all the people and to get in touch with the Da Wanda team…

greetings from duesseldorf

7. siw commented
    September 20th, 2008 at 9:27pm

Thanks for the information, have a nice weekend

siws last blog post: Boudouir

8. nicola commented
    September 21st, 2008 at 5:40am

wow – new location!! sounds great!

wish you all a wonderful day and i hope i can come the next time :)

nicola from http://www.pueppilottchen.de

nicolas last blog post: Pflaumenkuchenessen am Kaak in Minden…

9. Anke commented
    September 21st, 2008 at 8:49am

Hi Holly,
    thank you for your inspiring words at the DaWanda event – you are a very entertaining and charming speaker! And thanks for being so sweet and approachable. I hope you made it to the Mauerpark fleamarket! Contact me if you like when you plan your next visit to Berlin and I’ll take you to the cute small shops that are all over Prenzlauer Berg – they stock a lot of the “house doctor” stuff! :)
    Thanks again – hugs, Anke.

Ankes last blog post: Improvising.

10. Juliane commented
    September 21st, 2008 at 1:46pm

Hi Holly, you made me startin?it. I am so glad and really excited about it. Thank you again for a wonderfull and inspiring afternoon in Berlin. Happy greetings from “Kleiner Berliner”

Julianes last blog post: Das doppelte Rotk?ppchen

11. Eugene commented
    September 21st, 2008 at 6:09pm

Hi Sheila, …I mean Holly,
    ;)

Such a wonderful event.
    It was great hearing you speak!

12. steffi commented
    September 21st, 2008 at 6:44pm

Mmh, as you have correctly observed, we Germans tend to be shy and not walk over and say ‘Hi, I’m Steffi, I’ve been reading your blog for the last two years, blabla…’. So I was very German. But I want to thank you for your speech which provoked some thoughts, especially on consistency. And of course for your blogs with everyday eye-candy and an interesting view on us Europeans, thank you so very much, Holly!
    Steffi

steffis last blog post: Consistency / Stetigkeit

13. Anne commented
    September 22nd, 2008 at 2:40am

Hi Holly,

it was so nice to meet you at the Hannover Stoffmarkt. (You bought some luzia pimpinella ribbon ;-))

And sorry for my bad english ….

Best wishes,
    Anne

Annes last blog post:

14. mandy commented
    September 22nd, 2008 at 6:53am

hello holly,
    as you said ‘dont be shy, dont be afraid-just do it’ not in these words but kind of, i start to create a new design-blog. as i said i already have a blog(personal journal) and now, its more the things that ere inspiring me, sorrounded me and stuff like that. its not only on design, but also on photography, fashion and so on. partly because of my studies (art history and ancient history), partly there are so many things i find interesting, that i wanna share alot of it :-)

mandys last blog post: what we did yesterday

15. Frank commented
    September 22nd, 2008 at 8:44am

Hey Holly, I’m glad you are having such a wonderful response to your appearance at the DaWanda event. Sadly, I had to miss out last minute and couldn’t see your speach. I would have loved to come and say hi.
    Hope you were having a good time in Berlin! See you soon, Frank