Shopping + Products

All The Luck In The World

September 29, 2008

I’ve bragged about Jane before but since I had the pleasure of meeting the talented lady behind All The Luck In The World, artist and graphic designer Jane Schouten, in Amsterdam recently I thought I’d sing her praises again. What a pleasant person she was to talk to and so very sweet! We chatted for quite some time and I had so many questions that I only thought to ask her after she had left for the evening — ever have one of those conversations!?

All The Luck In The World

A few things that I found especially attractive about Jane was how down-to-earth she is, absolutely the easiest person to get to know and so genuinely kind and a very good listener. As I look at her photography on Flickr and at the merchandise she sources for her online shop I can clearly see pieces of her personality that I was so lucky to experience in person. It felt so nice to put a face behind the name that I’d only known online up until a few weeks ago.

All The Luck In The World

All The Luck In The World

All The Luck In The World

All The Luck In The World

Shown here in this post are just a few beautiful photos from her home and shop that I found especially inspiring today. I hope that you enjoy basking before all the glorious color and pattern set against crisp white.

I admire those who are not afraid of bold color like Jane, sometimes I wish I could be more daring with it myself but I’m learning… everyday I feel like I’m a step closer to being that kid again with the brightly colored bedroom that I had growing up. Jane really encourages me personally to branch out with color whether she realizes it or not.

In addition to her daring use of color, I also admire how Jane can find a gem in a piece of furniture that someone may no longer love and, almost miraculously, she can transform it into something cool and unique. This lady is some kind of talent — Jane you are a star!

(photography by Jane Schouten)

You Might Also Like

• Reply hippyxic September 29, 2008 at 3:33 pm

i ?ve already had the pleasure to buy some items from her shop***i love her style and i think she is that kind of person, i would love to know***

hippyxics last blog post: No Outono s? vaidosa!! porque n?o??

• Reply simplygrove September 29, 2008 at 4:22 pm

I love the bouquet on the table…what a simple but beautiful photo:)

simplygroves last blog post: Lovely Jeanine

• Reply keshacoggins September 30, 2008 at 6:28 am

Today I came across this great little online vintage shop called ?All The Luck In The World? ? based in the Netherlands. Unfortunately I wasn?t able to translate the site, so instead I just browsed, and then picked out my favorite items, which I have conveniently displayed for you below and happen to include a vintage juicer (like what your mother?s mother once used for fresh-squeezed juice) and a vintage Illy espresso maker. Pretty cool.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente September 30, 2008 at 3:58 pm

So pretty! And I love how she features her children’s artwork…that is a really great touch!

Melissa de la Fuentes last blog post: Ellie

• Reply magikquilter October 1, 2008 at 2:56 am

Jane has photos of some of her wonderful designs on some of my flickr groups…she has inspired a lot of people and I personally adore her photoshoots and style. The Pierre Paulin upcycled chair
    is out of this world and one of my favourites of hers. Am so pleased you were able to see her in person. I also went over to her shop from here…eventually managed the navigation [ am relatively new to computers] and will see if I can find an English translation… as she has different languages on one of the first pages one lands on there may be a way to do it.

magikquilters last blog post: Daddy?s Girl by Lisa Scottoline

• Reply Jane October 1, 2008 at 1:20 pm

Thank you all for your kind words!
    I hope to have my website translated to English soon!