All The Luck In The World

I’ve bragged about Jane before but since I had the pleasure of meeting the talented lady behind All The Luck In The World, artist and graphic designer Jane Schouten, in Amsterdam recently I thought I’d sing her praises again. What a pleasant person she was to talk to and so very sweet! We chatted for quite some time and I had so many questions that I only thought to ask her after she had left for the evening — ever have one of those conversations!?

A few things that I found especially attractive about Jane was how down-to-earth she is, absolutely the easiest person to get to know and so genuinely kind and a very good listener. As I look at her photography on Flickr and at the merchandise she sources for her online shop I can clearly see pieces of her personality that I was so lucky to experience in person. It felt so nice to put a face behind the name that I’d only known online up until a few weeks ago.

Shown here in this post are just a few beautiful photos from her home and shop that I found especially inspiring today. I hope that you enjoy basking before all the glorious color and pattern set against crisp white.

I admire those who are not afraid of bold color like Jane, sometimes I wish I could be more daring with it myself but I’m learning… everyday I feel like I’m a step closer to being that kid again with the brightly colored bedroom that I had growing up. Jane really encourages me personally to branch out with color whether she realizes it or not.

In addition to her daring use of color, I also admire how Jane can find a gem in a piece of furniture that someone may no longer love and, almost miraculously, she can transform it into something cool and unique. This lady is some kind of talent — Jane you are a star!

(photography by Jane Schouten)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration, shopping, vintage on September 29, 2008

1. hippyxic commented
    September 29th, 2008 at 3:33pm

i ?ve already had the pleasure to buy some items from her shop***i love her style and i think she is that kind of person, i would love to know***

hippyxics last blog post: No Outono s? vaidosa!! porque n?o??

2. simplygrove commented
    September 29th, 2008 at 4:22pm

I love the bouquet on the table…what a simple but beautiful photo:)

simplygroves last blog post: Lovely Jeanine

3. keshacoggins commented
    September 30th, 2008 at 6:28am

Today I came across this great little online vintage shop called ?All The Luck In The World? ? based in the Netherlands. Unfortunately I wasn?t able to translate the site, so instead I just browsed, and then picked out my favorite items, which I have conveniently displayed for you below and happen to include a vintage juicer (like what your mother?s mother once used for fresh-squeezed juice) and a vintage Illy espresso maker. Pretty cool.

—————————————————

kesha

4. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    September 30th, 2008 at 3:58pm

So pretty! And I love how she features her children’s artwork…that is a really great touch!
    xo
    Melissa

Melissa de la Fuentes last blog post: Ellie

5. magikquilter commented
    October 1st, 2008 at 2:56am

Jane has photos of some of her wonderful designs on some of my flickr groups…she has inspired a lot of people and I personally adore her photoshoots and style. The Pierre Paulin upcycled chair
    is out of this world and one of my favourites of hers. Am so pleased you were able to see her in person. I also went over to her shop from here…eventually managed the navigation [ am relatively new to computers] and will see if I can find an English translation… as she has different languages on one of the first pages one lands on there may be a way to do it.

magikquilters last blog post: Daddy?s Girl by Lisa Scottoline

6. Jane commented
    October 1st, 2008 at 1:20pm

Thank you all for your kind words!
    I hope to have my website translated to English soon!